> changes.

The summary book, yes, you`re right. The 3.5 SRD, though, contains all

the mechanics, specifics and all.

--

Daniel McSorley

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some times the flavour text can be useful in explaining just why a class or race gets a certain ability. If you don't have it, changes to some of the abilities just look like they've been tacked on to boost the power of a particular class or race (which is exactly what has been done, but with a little flavour text you can disguise this fact).

Oh, and I won't be buying the 3.5 books, I think I'll wait for 4th edition, but I have downloaded the 3.5 SRD and will refer to that for any 3.5 stuff I'm working on. In my home campaign though I won't be using 3.5, I think I'll stick with 3.0. Most of the guys I'm playing with are only new to D&D anyway (with the exception of 2 old timers who are playing 3rd edition for the first time).
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Cirdan@Aug 8 2003, 07:05 PM
    I play a Ranger most of the time and I love the changes.
    Yes, Rangers have really advantages now, same as paladins and bards. Sorcerers could have been changed a bit more (I didn't think they were this good in the 3.0 Edition) and it makes absolutely no fun anymore to play a wizard. Because they changed him??? No, not at all, but they changed the spells he can cast.

Some spells have useful changes, example: Disintegrate (if you are reduced to 0 or less hit points, you are disintegrated [if you have saved successfully or not]) and there are many new mass affecting spells now. But there are horrible negative examples: All animal boost spells are only useful to be included in magical items, heal is hardly reduced (well, I was for giving this spell a save, but that's all) as well as Fly, Flame Arrow and Endure Elements are competely useless now, I don't want to mention alter self and polymorph and, and, and...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take a look at

http://www.theothergamecompany.com

There is a cool text layout version of the SRD 3.5 available. It is a German website, and there was a vehement discussion if this is legal. But it's all ok for now.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by DanMcSorley@Aug 11 2003, 04:48 PM
    irdeggman wrote:

> Actually they only contain a summary of the changes at the big ticket

> level not all of the specific changes. And not the specifics of the

> changes.

The summary book, yes, you`re right. The 3.5 SRD, though, contains all

the mechanics, specifics and all.

--

Daniel McSorley

Thanks Dan, I missed that one.