View Poll Results: Which Proposal should be pursued for inclusion in the BRCS?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Proposal A

7 38.89%
  • Proposal B

0 0%
  • Proposal C

1 5.56%
  • Proposal D

7 38.89%
  • Combination of two (specified in post)

3 16.67%
  • Don't Care

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i voted for combinaison of method but i wiant voted for C method..oups !

i prefer the C method but the bloodline score seems high no ?
    follow method A and follow method B

On the base of method C
    optionnal bloodline ( touched and lesser ) , feat and bloodline abilities with bloodline point is good
    i see good the change below
    And modify the table 3:blloodline score ( for high bloodline points), step by 6 not by 7
    And reduce the generation of average bloodline point ( 3D6-2->9->9d6->32 bloodline score !!! in average &#33, by for example *50% ( 16) or *75% (24)
    Add, The detect bloodline strenght of method B is very nice...
    And the Hit point bonus of method A but under the form of a feat ( prerequise bloodline strengt > minor )

that'all, it's my opinion

the system as is, I think the ECLs on the templates

may need tinkering, but otherwise it works fine by me.

Seraphina

DM of Birthright d20 - King of the Giantdowns

http://members.tripod.com/bithrightd20

Downloads
    Uploads
    I support the use of Charisma as a substitue for Bloodline score: it is interesting that most people do not associate it with strength and appealing of character! I mean, so many undead get a bonus to Charisma, I thought people would get the insinuation!

Anyway, my preferences are that either option A or option D are followed:

1) The Bloodline score solution gives a lot of ideas and open themes that can make everything very interesting, and the mechanic seems to work fine with me. One mistake though: since option A's scion class gives a Hit Die every level (that was what I once mentioned in a thread), level 3's Base Attack Bonus should be +3, not +2, otherwise the Base Saves would not have increased accordingly.

2) I like the idea of the scion class (and Charisma) a lot, allowing a more flexible effective "ECL" than option A, where your ECL is set. I was told it was based on "Savage Species" (a book I have not yet read) which explains the idiosyncratic 3rd level attributes, but I like the idea none-the-less, if not even more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops! :blink: Change 1)'s 3rd level issue to a 4th level one... Really sorry!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd have to say that the gist of Option D appeals to me the most. The reason for this is that it does away with the template system, but retains it at the same time, in the form of a class. I think that the basic reason for this class is much better than the class proposed in Option A. There is still some work needing to be done. E.g. why multiply the bloodline score by 1.5?? If the reason is stated I missed it. The scion class variants need work too, but the basic idea seems sound.

I also like the idea of "buying" powers, as in option C. So maybe a combination of the two. I am planning a new campaign in a couple of months, and can tell you with absolute certainty, that I will be looking into this.

If combining the two options, one could imagine that the scion class is responsible for the Bloodpoints for buying powers. I think that would be working very well.

Alternately I think the table by Geeman where the bloodline score is responsible for the ECL modifier is quite interesting.

As a final note, although I am sure that there many interesting improvements in 3.5, I sincerly hope that the BRCS will support 3ed first and foremost. I have no intention of investing i 3.5 myself, as it is my understanding that 3.5 is more of a revised edition which includes errata. With very few exceptions I like 3ed as it is, and see no reason to dole more money than strictly necessary. But that is just me

If the BRCS takes 3.5 into accound, I would like to request that sections where the content would differ, depending on 3ed and 3.5, state it clearly or states two ways of doing it, or maybe some third possibility.
    Greetings From
    Thomas Due
    tdue@mail.dk

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd have to say that the gist of Option D appeals to me the most. The reason for this is that it does away with the template system, but retains it at the same time, in the form of a class. I think that the basic reason for this class is much better than the class proposed in Option A. There is still some work needing to be done. E.g. why multiply the bloodline score by 1.5?? If the reason is stated I missed it. The scion class variants need work too, but the basic idea seems sound.
    Not 100% sure on what you mean by the 1.5 multiplication - the point of option D is to use basically similar bloodline scores to the 2e system, and are thus higher than those of the playtest version, and not "ability scores." If you're referring to the Great Heritage feat, the reason is to put the initial bloodlines generated in a certain range, whilst also enabling the possibility of a much higher maximum bloodline score level, to account for people roughly as high as Avan and Boeruine, for instance.

If you could point out more specific areas of where you think the scion class variants need work, that'd be great.

As a final note, although I am sure that there many interesting improvements in 3.5, I sincerly hope that the BRCS will support 3ed first and foremost. I have no intention of investing i 3.5 myself, as it is my understanding that 3.5 is more of a revised edition which includes errata. With very few exceptions I like 3ed as it is, and see no reason to dole more money than strictly necessary. But that is just me
    Well, the stated goal is to keep the materials current. That said, I don't think you should have a problem using that material at all - for the purposes of what we're making, I don't think there'll be substantial differences between the original and revised editions - most of those differences are just in the referenced materials (the PHB) anyway, not in the BRCS.
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have only scan some of these post and here is my problem.

1) Bloodlines are inhereted from generations, based on your characters mother and father right. So then some of these powers will or maybe not manifest themselfs during childhood. So the Feat, and Experiance thing is out the window, because if I run two PC a male and Female and they marry (there both blooded) then of course there child is blooded and no roll is needed for bloodline strength or dervianation.

I feel the original rules weaken the person who is blooded and those who choose not to be blooded well they off to a good start. So what I did was give everyone 32 points to distribute, (i feel birthright is a high powered campaing if you dont then try running in the sword of role sometime), and if the PC wishes to be blooded the he rolls 3d6, and the first number that is 8 or greater is his bloodlind score.

I really dont put any restriction on players that want to be blooded, I mean this is birthright and its what its all about right. To top it all off its more fun for me to mess with the blooded regents being the DM (he he yes I can be evil snicker snicker).

And Finally the Feat for being blooded, now thats a waste of a feat, first of all some poor soul standing in the right place at the right time, bang hes blooded and he automatically gains the bloodline feat, where the poor mage had to use his only feat for being blooded at first level. that sucks.

Again this is Birthright your players are sopose to rub elbows with the royality maybe even marry one, If I wanted to be a commoner working my way up the mage guild then i can play Forggotten Realms, or Greyhawk.

Well thanks for listening

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1) Bloodlines are inhereted from generations, based on your characters mother and father right. So then some of these powers will or maybe not manifest themselfs during childhood. So the Feat, and Experiance thing is out the window, because if I run two PC a male and Female and they marry (there both blooded) then of course there child is blooded and no roll is needed for bloodline strength or dervianation.
    I think you're under some misconceptions as to the intents of the various methods here - I don't think any of the authors intended for blood abilities not to be inheritable (i.e. father has character reading, son has character reading), simply that a mechanical balance must be struck between blooded and unblooded characters (blooded characters shouldn't be any better than unblooded characters of the same character level).

And Finally the Feat for being blooded, now thats a waste of a feat, first of all some poor soul standing in the right place at the right time, bang hes blooded and he automatically gains the bloodline feat, where the poor mage had to use his only feat for being blooded at first level. that sucks.
    Sure it sucks - but that's what happens when you give away goodies for free. What you really should do is have the guy who gains a bloodline at some later point pay for it with his next feat before he's allowed to use his blood abilities, if you go that route.
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    so then an new born baby is born blooded and has a feat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I made a brainstorming on those ECL's for bloodlines again. IMO they are still unfair for scions/ nonregents. So I have an idea, but I don't know if somebody did have it already:

Bloodline ECL:
    Minor +0/+0
    Major +1/ +0
    Great +2/ +1
    True +3/ +2

The last ECL number is for non-regent characters. They don't get several advantages, regents get (example extra hit points)...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Thread Information