Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lust is traditionally SEXUAL lust, and, given that the source was Azrai,
    >the recipient really should be male (that is, it should be about rape
    >rather than seduction). Actually, an embodiment of lust is a pretty
    >questionable idea unless you are running a VERY "R" rated campaign.
    Why male? What about Kreisha? Azrai's a GOD, not a man, so his sex should be a minor issue, especially given his role as Deciever. One can only imagine he played female roles plenty of times.

Then if we are using a "historical" reference for rape we
    > shouldn`t really be looking at it as a sin at all. Nobility had the
    > right to use their servants (and fiefs) as they wished for that
    > purpose. Husbands couldn`t rape their wives since it was their divine
    > right for relations, etc.
    How far back in history are we talking, and in what cultures? Azrai is a VERY old god. Are we thinking of what is considered a sin in present-day Anuire? If so, then we should be asking what Haelyn would think, as the patron deity of Anuire.

That aside, rape is nearly always a bad experience for the victim. That we should all be able to agree on (Erik the Red aside). Is an act evil if the actor doesn't believe it to be so? Or is it judged by its consequences? There's the philosophical heart of the matter, as I see it.
    On the other hand, rape was viewed as a rightful "spoil of war" for most of history by most cultures (even into the present, though thankfully less so). Violent, yes. But all about domination? Maybe. Methinks that would be Belinik's arena anyways.

But Lust - hmmm. If Lust is a sin by Haelyn's standards, then it must be in the form of going outside acceptable boundaries. Lusting after another man's wife, for example. Or compromising one's morals (falling into sin) in order to get with that sexy woman (the classic role of the succubus).

I use Haelyn not only because he's the patron of Anuire, but also because he seems to be the moral opposite of Azrai; certainly the moral opposition.

I actually like the idea of the Siren representing lust. Sounds good to me. Far too many male villains already.

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could easily see Siren being the embodiment of Lust. Just the way I infer Dashid the Astronomer, makes this seem logical.

Here we have a regent, giving up much to be by her side. That is the man that succembed in Lust.

Thread Information