Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would agree. It is more like confusion, self doubt... Should I go on?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    No you don't need to go on. She feels how is it possible that this priest has been chosen to do these things that have been set forth? The reality of it all has never settled with her. Even when soldiers ask for blessings she is still a bit surprised. We have been at this now in game time 4 years with the domain actions since we started so she is only about 23. Very young and vulnerable still. So yes self doubt works.
    Abbess Allessandra
    from the United Provinces of Haelyn
    "On your knees...to pray!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    A little self doubt may be necessary to hold back greed!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that I am doing ok. I have a lot to do and too many adventures keeping me from doing it.
    Abbess Allessandra

Downloads
    Uploads
    Church should have some degree of authority over the landed and non-landed regents, but the other way arround is also true. You can expect a priest of the WIT, MOC, LPA, IHH, NIT, OIT, etc... to have a lot of influence over their faithfuls and the other regents, but you can't expect the landed not to have any influence over them either. Small churches though are likely to have less influence, or churches with little influence in a country; like I wouldn't expect a lot of influence from the LPA over the Baron of Ghoere... but I would expect him to have lots and lots of influence over the Patriarch of Elinie and the Count(?) of Coeranys.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see your point and support it. I don't have a lot of trouble from the other regents in the provinces since they join the alliance with the understanding that we allow the other religions but Haelyn is who guides us. I have seen how my influence goes nowhere in a land that is not allied with us.
    Abbess Allessandra

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you fully Temujin.Especially when it comes to a lawful church such as Haelyn's.It also depends on the Priest Reegent and the other landed and non-landed Regents.A strong Priest and a weak say Baron means the church will have a strong influence.A weak bishop and a starong Duke the church will have less influence.A strong cardinal and a strong Prince it becomes a test of wills and commitments.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I definitely make sure my players treat their temple rulers with respect, and encourage them to work out their regent anality on the guilds ... :)

Temples usually vehemently oppose 'taxing' of its holdings, and players learn to work with them rather than against them IMC. After all, how did the humans reach their heights without the power of the priesthood?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Surely not by the battle spells they can cast since many of the wizard camp argue they should not be allowed to cast them.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some temples involve themselves more in worldly matters than others. The temples of Haelyn are a prime example of this. How could they not be, when their god is all about nobility, rulership and justice? It also depends on the personality of the temple regents - some are more interested in matters of the flesh than in matters of the soul.

In my Ruins of Empire campaign, OIT is possibly more powerful than the Lord of Diemed. There is little he can do without interference form the church. In fact, he seems to be spending more time checking the church's power than he does pursuing the Medoere affair.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Thread Information