Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well said, I do not consider you an enemy but remember this church is run by a woman not a man. So far she has not fallen to her own wants as a church leader and taken advantage of anyone. Maybe she will change as she becomes wiser.
    I personally would rather have the country we play in as a neighbor than the Spider or Gorgon, wouldn't you?
    Abbess Allessandra
    from the United Provinces of Haelyn
    "On your knees...to pray!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Abess Allesandra,when I said"man" or "men" I was refering to mankind in whole.

But to both you and Lawgiver,I do not beleive that all Priest-Regents are power-hungry egocentrics.I always save my distrust or disdain to those who deserve it.If I gave you the impression that I have disdain for men of the cloth,please forgive me.It is just I heard you speak as if being a holy man,or woman as the case may be,that makes you above mortal law.And in a way that is true,however only in times where it indeed does violate the tenants of your faith.In my eyes,being Holy does not make one inviolate.

Once again I shall appologise for preaching.....And thank you for your words of kindness.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    That seems to be the obstacle with type written words. Sometimes the tone is very hard to comprehend. I accept your apologies and find your thoughts on the concept interesting. Have you ever played a character of religion?
    Abbess Allessandra

Downloads
    Uploads
    [quote]Orginally posted by Riegan Swordwraith
    It is just I heard you speak as if being a holy man,or woman as the case may be,that makes you above mortal law.And in a way that is true,however only in times where it indeed does violate the tenants of your faith.In my eyes,being Holy does not make one inviolate.[quote]

Riegan, that is one of the biggest issues my character faces on a daily basis. Sometimes she has to turn her head to things that happen knowing she cannot change them or at least tried to. Then she has to wrestle with the idea of getting her deity totally cheesed at her. At other times she fights so hard against the others that her head spins trying to make them see they are not doing what is right. Of course right here means by the deity's law not her own. She is not above mortal law and as I learned when we are not in a country where Haelyn is the main religion of study there are problems.
    Abbess Allessandra

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have played clerics and paladins,but only two have made it to a respectable level.One was a priest of Pelor in the Greyhawk setting.The other was also in Greyhawk but he was not a cleric.He was a ranger who became one of Ehlonna's Champions.(Ehlonna is the Goddess of Unicorn's,animals,and the forrests).At first he just had a tatoo and a unicorn horn that he used.Then he had two tatoos and the horn was basically absorbed into him,which meant he had those powers innately.In his latest incarnation he has all the powers of a unicorn,and is infact a "were-unicorn".However he can only do it once,and that is when he is summoned by some mack-arse female Pally whose mission is most dire.Then he totally become the unicorn and become an NPC.No he isn't evn just a unicorn,he will be a heavy warhorse of unicorns.Both of these characters I played till 9th level when the campaigns petered out.

But yes I have played men of the cloth and understand the difficulties of doing so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How cool was that? Wow! We have had some pretty amazing things happen in our campaigns as well. Did you hate to part with that character?
    Abbess Allessandra

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would play a priest regent . . . of Rournil.

Respectfully Yours,
    Elton Robb
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well In haven't had to give up the character yet,as he is till human.But the campaign just went under cause a couple of guys moved off or quit playing.I really cannot complain to my character's fate(his name was Connall MacCuhaill),as it was his choice(sort of).He had sacrificed his life to destroy an ancient Sueloise artifact that basically causes intense fires to burn across the Flanaess.It was powerful enough to destroy Oerth if left unmolested.Any way he died destroying the thing.One of the old gods was helping us.He asked if I would want to stay with my deity or return to life.I decided that there was much work yet to be done and decided to live.This is the my price.(I didn't know at the time what was going to happen.....forgot to ask that part!!!:))

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is natural for organized religion to have problems given that humankind has a major flaw, the inability to be perfect. Thus all organized religion will be imperfect. Even in the game world, the Abbess Allessandra deals with her imperfection and won't do everything right. The greatest danger is when the leaders believe they are perfect or they become greedy or they believe everyone else must believe what they believe!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that greed is the farthest thing from Allessandra's mind. Don't you agree?
    Abbess Allessandra

Thread Information