Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DM=Evil

Kalien
    Originally posted by Trithemius
    I am pretty sure that Stonebutt got bogged down in Alamie anyway: Something about supply lines across rivers and running out of forage...
    I wonder where the notes for that game went?
    Considering that the last session when the dragon woke up was near the end of the year and was designed to wrap everything up in one fell swoop, I suspect that the notes either weren't kept or got lost in the subsequent change of flats.

It was really in games after that, that we started to experiment with various house rules rather than more-or-less just using the boxed set. You're much more likely to have kept notes from games using those house rules than from an earlier game when we didn't ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    my dm DAVID, GOT TIRED OF THE TEAM GETTING PAST ALL
    THE TRAPS AND AMBUSHES. SO HE SETS UP A REAL GOOD ONE.
    THE ROOM IS A 30x30 WE WALK IN THE DOOR SHUT AND LOCK
    BEHIND US. WE THINK SAME OLD STUFF, BUT NO.
    THE IRON GOLEM BECOMES ALEART, NO SWEAT, WE ALL HAVE +3
    OR BETTER , A FEW 2HANDED WEAPONS. WE START RIP INTO IT
    FOR TO 2 ROUNDS NO HITS. THE NEXT ROUND 3 20'S FROM THE TEAM NO DICE . WE BACK OFF RAN THE ROOM TO KEEP THE GOLEM OFF US. WE TRY SEVERAL PLAN TO BEAT THE MONSTER,BUT NONE WORK. WE FINLY GOT SOME ROPE AROUND IT'S LEGS, TO STOP IT. THEN WE FOUND THE EXIT OUT. TO MAKE IT A SHORT STORY, THE GOLEM HAD A 15' ANTI- MAGIC SHIELD AROUND IT. IT KICK OUR BUTTS, AND AND A GOOD LEASON.
    IVEN.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ge -----

Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 6:52 PM

> AND AND A GOOD LEASON.

And what was the lesson, other than the DM can put really powerful monsters

in your path?

Kenneth Gauck

kgauck@mchsi.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think one of the worst thing a Dm could do is take away a caracters favorite magical item. (in a fair way)

because in the campaign i play with close friends the caractures are powerfull enough to survive almost anything(by running or fighting)
    and there power comes from there medium high level and magical item(6 rings, 4 or5 weapons, couple of potions, and a staff for the mage)
    but they rule kingdoms and lose them, they go where Evil luks they have no fear for anything, only fear they have is losing there favorite magical item (but i think the Dm sould think of the fun you have in playing then reality of the game.

Xeres

Downloads
    Uploads
    Though I have to agree that wizards have always been very powerful, it is not entirely true that wizards are all-powerful...
    I agree - I should have mentioned that I&#39;m using Hood&#39;s Grim and Gritty hit point system. That&#39;s why wizzies got a bit of a nerf.

CM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Xeres@Jul 5 2003, 05:07 PM
    I think one of the worst thing a Dm could do is take away a caracters favorite magical item. (in a fair way)

Yes, that&#39;s bad.

Another REALLY bad thing is, if a DM allows only point-buy system and then sends an over-powerfull undead, that causes permantent ability drain&#33; Horror&#33;&#33;&#33; (well, it&#39;s horror enough, if you role your abilities)...

A few play-setions ago, one of the players lost 9 constitution points through an undead (permant)&#33; That&#39;s at least as hard as loosing his favorite magical item...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Senior Member marcum uth mather's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    one time we had a goblin captive and we were interogating it. next thing you know it was chewing throught its bond and eacaped. ( right past a dwarven cleric AND a 7 levl rouge... but ANYWAY...) i was playing a palidin and as it run past i got a hit on him.. and he died. so my beloved dm took away all my palidin obilities for killing a unarmed fleeing foe. I WAS TRIYING TO STOP HIM DO YOU HEAR ME YOU JEARK&#33;&#33;&#33; he then gave me a damn imposible task( killing the worst enemy of healyn on the planet) to atone. i never did figure out who that was i was saposed to kill.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by marcum uth mather@Jul 7 2003, 12:26 PM
    one time we had a goblin captive and we were interogating it. next thing you know it was chewing throught its bond and eacaped. ( right past a dwarven cleric AND a 7 levl rouge... but ANYWAY...) i was playing a palidin and as it run past i got a hit on him.. and he died. so my beloved dm took away all my palidin obilities for killing a unarmed fleeing foe. I WAS TRIYING TO STOP HIM DO YOU HEAR ME YOU JEARK&#33;&#33;&#33; he then gave me a damn imposible task( killing the worst enemy of healyn on the planet) to atone. i never did figure out who that was i was saposed to kill.
    The worst enemy of Haelyn - that&#39;s easy. It&#39;s his half-brother - the Gorgon. A bit much of an assignment for a 7th (or so) level paladin. Especially since it probably needed to be done alone (i.e., without help) (it&#39;s not really atonement if you can bring along an entire army).

The solution would have been for you to say "I&#39;m trying to subdue" and then what happened would have happened, but your intentions would have been made clear. Or you could have tried to grapple and overbear. No reason those actions can&#39;t be taken as an attack of opportunity that I can think of, even if they are illegal it is an easy DM fiat to allow it in this circumstance. When you swing your sword at a character it is always assumed that you are trying to kill him unless you state otherwise. Taking an attack of opportunity by using a weapon in a lethal mode (i.e., non-subdual) is not trying to "stop" him unless by stop you were referring to stopping him permanently.

I had a player in one of my campaigns who played a paladin (in 2nd ed) that struck down another player&#39;s character (he was really evil and actually playing it that way) after he tried to surrender. I had the paladin suffer mental anguish for a while afterwards. When he rolled a natural 20 and missed I then explained that he saw a "vision" of the face of the companion that he had smitten. He got the idea and eventually he redeemed himself through his grief and anguish (role-playing has way of helping in these circumstances).
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, one of the many problems I have had, and I am saying this as a DM who became evil, was with a barbarian character... It seems that whenever a player wants to play a barbarian, especially if he is playing in non-Birtright settings and is playing the part of a HALF-ORC barbarian, even though the race most of the time is quite irrelevant to them, they simply play the role that is presented bellow:

"Me momma only taut me how bash chest, me do not know notin&#39; else. Ugh&#33; bash a chest&#33;&#33;&#33; Oops, sorry roguy&#33; did not see you head there..."

And now, as a player, I ask you all, why all the torture paladins go through? I know, I have a player who wanted to play a paladin and was neither quite capable of role-playing a good nor a lawful character, as well as the quickest loss of paladin-hood, which took only... 29"? (DM:"You visit a local inn. As you sit down and have your drinks, a man late in his fourties opens the door. Out of his shoulder protrudes a slender knife. Hectically, with a little coug, he says: &#39;H... help&#33;&#39; and drops to the floor. What do you do?" Paladin:"I continue drinking my beer...") But, does that mean people should be evil when a paladin is involved? WHY?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by marcum uth mather@Jul 7 2003, 05:26 PM
    I think that your Dm is a bit strikt and loves the power of being a Dungeon Master.
    If you are a Paladin of Healyn for example, it is your duty to fight Evil and his creations
    And because 99% of a Goblins are Evil and worship it ,
    You MUST kill that Evil creature even if it&#39;s fleeing.
    (and you could allways say that he was guilty of escaping prison and you executed him as you saw fit, for that is a Paladin of Healyn&#39;s Right)
    and even if you are not a Paladin of Healyn You must not be punished that hard for such a petty mistake.

And about your assigment,
    How in the world could some one(a Paladin) judge about the Great God&#39;s Worst Enemy, is that not up to Healyn&#39;s to deside?
    Maybe there are far worst enemy&#39;s on the PLANET

Xeres

May the wind of Healyn clear you path

Thread Information