Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DM=Evil

Downloads
    Uploads
    My DM likes to pick on me for some reason. He has taken away my kingdom in a single day.

I faked a revolt and had a ninja unit and my head ninja burn down some of my stuff and take over a nation that was currently out of a leader.(The nation's leader was kicked out by a scandle.)

Eventually the ninja decided to make the revolt real and took 4 well trained ninja units into my country. They then took me prisoner and through me and the rest of the group into a secret chamber that my country uses as a means of exicution.(It is has a myth behind it, but it has been lost.)

What has your DM done to you?
    I am not Death, but only his shadow. He might take you into the light, but I take you from the darkness.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ninjas??? Enough for entire units? What campaign setting are you playing in?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are not a unit full of ninjas. The unit is composed of 60 men that are slightly trained in certain ninja arts. Their leader is a full fledge ninja.

Note: My DM makes his own stuff, he does not follow the work of others. This keeps the player honest.
    I am not Death, but only his shadow. He might take you into the light, but I take you from the darkness.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Which one should I use:

The DM who hadn't given my 7th level paladin his warhorse yet but "decided" that another player's 1/2 elf wizard/fighter could wed Sirus Enlien, sire a child and "receive" a "holy avenger" sword (see the Moedore Domain Pack), that functioned exactly like a holy avenger in the hands of a paladin including the circle of power. He then had me "roll millenial dice" to see if my character could "discover" his holy sword, and yet still not work in the warhorse issue (2nd ed had paladins get their special mount at around 4th level).

Or in a non-Birthright campaign there was the time my character (the highest level in the party, a mongrelman wizard/cleric) was "killed" (-10 hitpoints) on the first blow from a surprise attack (no criticals in the system used just normal rolls). He would have died except that the DM (really not that evil) "allowed" another character to use the heal proficiency (using player's option: skills and powers) to stabalize him so that he could be healed. My characte had a propensity of living and having his "friends" die. As one character (a gnoll) said to him "You human" and his reply was "I wish.":)
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    > NinjaCorps wrote:
    > My DM likes to pick on me for some reason. He has taken away my kingdom in a single day.
    >

So I understand this...the PCs in the game don`t agree with what you are
    doing, and you are planning on killing them. You feel the DM "picks" on
    you, and can`t figure out why. Perhaps you should take a longer look at
    the way this particular character is being run before making any
    decisions??

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my campaign, I make wizards make Fortitude saves every time they cast a arcane spell or receive subdual damage. Fort saves! Snort! Imagine the munchkin-whining!

CM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by CMonkey

In my campaign, I make wizards make Fortitude saves every time they cast a arcane spell or receive subdual damage. Fort saves! Snort! Imagine the munchkin-whining!

CM.
    Though I have to agree that wizards have always been very powerful, it is not entirely true that wizards are all-powerful... Wizards have only 1/2 their class level in Base Attack Bonus, and they only have one high saving throw: Will. Well, they do have a humongous variety of spells to choose, but that only complicates things some times... All of these make a wizard particularly powerful from mid-low to mid-high levels, where he is nearly unstoppable, if run by a clever player (I have played alongside a girl who really knew how to toast opponents...)

A cleric, on the other hand, has 3/4 his class level in Base Attack Bonus, and have two high saving throws: Fortitude and Will. Furthermore, he can wield more weapons with proficiency, and, while not having as many offensive spells as a wizard, he does have a wider variety of support spells and abilities, and some of his offensive spells are simply devastating. Furthermore, he can readily bush any wizard's skull, should he be prepared. Spell the words with me: A-N-T-I-M-A-G-I-C F-I-E-L-D! I have never realised it, till my DM himself told me of it, that a mid-high to high level cleric can be more powerful than a wizard of maybe even more levels than he!

Last but not least, why should they make Fortitude saves, particularly when they cast arcane spells, the only kind of spells they know how to cast? I mean, why not make a Fortitude save when your familiar dies so as not to die yourself, then? You are simply being unfair... Hindering magic, by making it impossible for wizards if they do not have rare or expensive focuses or material components, should be more appropriate!

Kalien
    In one table-top game I was playing the ruler of Elinie. The DM decided that an ancient dragon slept underneath the swamp in Hope's Demise. At the same time the Gorgon was massing his troops and invaded (before I'd managed to complete a piddly level 2 Castle in Mholien). Just as my units gathered to try and slow the Gorgon's advance the dragon woke up and in his fly-by attack he destroyed almost every single unit I had. Not happy, he then demanded a tribute that was about triple my treasury or he'd lay waste to the entire realm, before deciding he liked swamps. Grabbing some nearby ley-lines he transformed three more Elinien provinces into swamp and told me they were completely off limits - except when I was paying him his tribute.

The dragon did stop the Gorgon's advance through Elinie though, so I suppose it wasn't all bad ... pity he didn't bother doing the same in Mhoried. Old stone butt went that way and conquered most of Anuire.

I wouldn't want to name the DM, of course, but does this sound just a little bit familiar John? :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kalien:
    > In one table-top game I was playing the ruler of Elinie.
    > The DM decided that an ancient dragon slept underneath the
    > swamp in Hope`s Demise. At the same time the Gorgon was
    > massing his troops and invaded (before I`d managed to
    > complete a piddly level 2 Castle in Mholien). Just as my
    > units gathered to try and slow the Gorgon`s advance the
    > dragon woke up and in his fly-by attack he destroyed almost
    > every single unit I had. Not happy, he then demanded a
    > tribute that was about triple my treasury or he`d lay waste
    > to the entire realm, before deciding he liked swamps.
    > Grabbing some nearby ley-lines he transformed three more
    > Elinien provinces into swamp and told me they were completely
    > off limits - except when I was paying him his tribute.
    >
    > The dragon did stop the Gorgon`s advance through Elinie
    > though, so I suppose it wasn`t all bad ... pity he didn`t
    > bother doing the same in Mhoried. Old stone butt went that
    > way and conquered most of Anuire.
    >
    > I wouldn`t want to name the DM, of course, but does this
    > sound just a little bit familiar John? :)

B..! F..! T..!
    Bah! >:)

-I- didn`t wake the dragon up, the crazy witch (another player) did. She
    had been mining loot out of the dragon`s hoard in the Swamp for years,
    its just that the dragon assumed it was you ;)

I am pretty sure that Stonebutt got bogged down in Alamie anyway :
    Something about supply lines across rivers and running out of forage...
    I wonder where the notes for that game went?

--
    John Machin
    (trithemius@paradise.net.nz)
    -----------------------------------
    "Nothing is more beautiful than to know the All."
    Athanasius Kircher, Ars Magna Sciendi.

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    John 'Trithemius' Machin
    The Other John From Dunedin (now in Canberra)
    "Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by NinjaCorps

My DM likes to pick on me for some reason. He has taken away my kingdom in a single day.

What has your DM done to you?
    Oh, I have several stories. Here is one: I am playing a Duchy called Wielkostolska, my character invades his neighbor to the south, the Duchy of Drakow. I cut of the Duke and am about to destroy his army, when the DM has a vampire lord, in a southern kingdom cas 50 undead units. That's right 50, not 5, but 50. Now if you look at your rules, the ability to cast such a spell would require a lvl. 56 caster, hmm??? Know any lvl. 56 casters in any dnd world. When I state this, the DM says that the Vampire lord who cast this spell has a very different spell that allows him to cast that spell and it doesn't have the same limitations.

I tried to play with this DM in 3 other games, but each time, he makes up rules that don't make sense and discussing it with him in a private email has always wound up "I am the DM and you are wrong." So I decided never again to play with this person. Problem solved. :)
    Independence breeds chaos,
    Submit and be strong.

Thread Information