Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys seem to understand my frustration, so I will give you some icing to top the cake. When I found out Tahegas was one of my vassals and not an ally, I was a bit surprised that I did not receive anything from Harald Khorien, I asked why this was, since I was receiving tribut from all my other vassals. His response was that Darien Avan looted the Tahegan coffers to build a bigger army and that his vassal was now mad and would not send any tribute.

This seemed illogical to me, if Darien Avan had the access to the coffers of his vassals, then they shouldn't be able to do anything about him doing so again, so tribute or not, DAvan doesn't have to ask their permission.

If he doesn't have the power to do so, then there should be no rift between him and his vassal, because he never did it.

As for the question of the goblin, I would have actually allied myself with Thurazor, since he was pissing on Berouine in the Senate and telling him that he was a fool. I would have had no problem with the goblins, however the player foolishly accused AB and DA of possibly assassinating his messenger, email problem. The goblin should have accussed Berouine and said 'but I am sure that the honorable Avans would have never done so', instead he accussed both of us. Stupid? Yes, he should have played us of against one another, instead antagonizing both of us, to give us common cause against his kingdom.

After the accusation, I demanded that the 'filthy beast' be removed, the Thurazor delegate further dug a hole for himself, he called Avan a racist and he added Talinie, Coreanys and Ghoere? into the list.

And then he posts to the IC board surprised that I ordered my troops to shoot him on sight, if he came into the provinces of Avanil.

The Chamberlain (DM) instead of censuring him at the first accussation of assassination, let it go, so I made issue of it, by asking the Senate to remove the goblin, that is when the Chamberlain said, you can't vote and I replied, this is the Imperial Senate, I can and will vote, then I also mentioned that I did not want Orogs, Trolls or Gnolls to be invited into the Imperial Capital.

Made sense to me, especially since the only humanoid allowed in the Senate was being so rude and crass.
    Independence breeds chaos,
    Submit and be strong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not Ian Hoskins/Raesene Andu. I took over the Khinasi region after he disappeared. and likewise hope that he is well. Ian has always responded very helpfully to my questions in this forum before and I have no idea what happened to him. I merely quoted his words in the DM forum to explain why this plot line occured.

The communication between the Anuirean and Khinasi regions broke down because Ian disappeared. As much as we would like to know what he intended we cannot know unless we hear from him again. Most likely he initially had little plans when it began save in the context of providing entertainment in the Khinasi region, which alone was running at that time. He did however leave Avan's fate entirely in the hands of the Anuire DM, as was appropriate and as I have.

To the best of my knowledge there was no Avanil player whenever the Anuirean section of the game began. Avanil appeared to be run as an NPC realm for the first turn and these events occured in the history before even that and before the Anuirean campaign began. Prince Avan's disappearance was even introduced in the Senate by the delagte of Avanil, whom I can only presume was the DM, during the first turn. I thus have two questions for you. When did you join the game and when did you learn of the Avanese situation? If you join after a game starts you have to accept a realm in the condition that it is in. Even if you join at the start you must accept the history of the campaign. This is my main bone of contention with you. If you knew of these events before formally taking over Avanil I fail to see what your main complaint is. If you did not I apologise.

Remember also in the application page it said that if you wanted to play the powerful realms listed as under consideration you had to agree to play a realm partially or completely as the DM wished for at least 3 turns. This is only turn 2.

What angers me personally is that you publically accused me of overruling Darkon and causing problems for your character without ever contacting me. As I have already said I gave Darkon a suggestion for Avan (an auction) when I was aware of no Avanil player but after he told me he would be eventually rescued I have taken no further action with regard to him.

There have been communication problems. With DM Byron/Malla Urden having his computer crash and Ian disappearing, without leaving access to his previous work, and John/Dragonov having to leave due to real-life constraints of course things have not been perfect lately. There is now a full complement of DMs and proper communication between them.

If you feel that you have been slighted then I am truly sorry. If you had contacted me regarding Khinasi before "going public" I would have tried to help alleviate your concerns or intercede on your behalf but having just spent a long time creating a new site to resurrect the Khinasi section following Ian's disappearance please understand my considerable annoyance at your post which was designed to completely destroy this game.

This argument has been ugly and of a type that I have never seen on this forum before and hope to never have to see again. Everyone should just put it behind them. If it will help to clear the air I apologise for any offence that I have given you.

I also suggest that someone makes a new thread here listing all the PBeM links so that anyone wanting to list another one concisely in the future doesn't have to do it after all this.

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That would seem as good a clarification as any, and a very reasonable one, to boot.
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am glad to see that someone understands what a starting state of a realm really means.
    I do not know about you, but when I take on a realm, especially when it is characterised UNDER CONSIDERATION, I agree to the events that have happened and do not continuously nag about it. That is the reason why it is considered undder consideration after all.
    For the history, Avan's disapearance happened before the player took over the realm. It was a part of teh history.
    YES the player knew the current state of affairs, when he agreed to play the realm.
    Just a peace of personal advice. Next time when you say "I agree" mean it.
    Gods never die, but they are always born...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, to prevent this thread from degenerating further, I've deleted your last post Eric since it went way out of line and I didn't want this thread to explode into outrage. I'm asking all of you to please cool down, and keep to the topic at head. Or even better - start a new thread and just forget this one ever existed.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Thread Information