Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually have other religions. The Khinasi are large Muslim. THere is Hindu, Paganism, Satanism, Toaism, etc. For the most part though these are not practiced in the open in Anuire. I have used Cult activity as adventure hooks and means for the church to complain to the regent several times. The use of more centralized churches as also helped the players. They don't have to familiarize themselves with the countless dieties presented in the campaign. They are more familiar with the religions of present/historical times.
    It actually poses quite an interesting mix.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was in 7th grade (a long time ago) I had to do what you did with the campaign and have only the major religions of the world otherwise many parents of the people I played with would not allow them to play because they believed the game was the tool of the devil because the existence of pagan gods and demons!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Normally, I don't tax the churches, except if I don't like them. However I have this habit of changing how I play with each character(or at least trying to!), so I've been known to do things like playing "King of England style"... In a game where I had three religions in my realm, I pretended to be above the High Priestesses's in the church hierarchy(the three of them, no less, lol). I generally cooperate with the church though, since I nearly were excommuniated in a game for being opposed to the Holy Inquisition, eheheh :P
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would have been worth being excommunicated rather than being in support of the Holy Inquisition. It is movement like those that cause wars like the one the U.S. is in now!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dont tax them if they pay tribute. If they are willing to bend over backwards with magic and rp then let them be. If you have more religions then you are just more diversified kinda like the US.lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Large, powerful temples like the OIT can generally avoid being taxed entirely. Some other temples get to pay at a reduced rate, but most have to accept taxation. It all comes down to diplomacy :)
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just play an Elven kindom and you won't need to bother with clerics ;)

Ok, let's get serious. It is a good think to keep Priests happy since they are created to make rebelions(apart from realm spells). A happy priest can be great help, but the best is a vassal priest(and stupid enough to be happy for that). But if the realm has economical problems they should pay too. If they do it through tributes better, if they don't then tax them as much as possible. On the other hand a trade service(as per book of regency) can do the job and keep them all happy. Everything can be done better with diplomacy.

Anyway, PUT THEM TAXES, after all they earn money for doing nothing but rebelions and contesting each other :P
    Or better expell them, as by the elven customs(elves are definetly more advanced).
    There is a saying on Gont, Weak as woman's magic, and there is another saying, Wicked as woman's magic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by centAUr
    Anyway, PUT THEM TAXES, after all they earn money for doing nothing but rebelions and contesting each other :P
    Or better expell them, as by the elven customs(elves are definetly more advanced).
    Funny thing that the more advanced lost because they lacked priestly magic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I 'suggest' that the church raise a unit or two and place them at my disposal. Taxing churches is unseemly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    IF we accept some of the arguments made here we better not tax magic users because we would want to piss them off. Don't tax any generals or anyone that could muster armies either because that could cause us trouble. Where are we to get the money then, the people, I don't think so they might go into rebellion!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Thread Information