Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So just tax the guilders, they can't do too much about it, and they make the most money (or should) anyways.
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah tax the guilders.....they can only sell you out to your enemies and/or destroy your economy,that way you can't make anything.

If you are the High Lord of a Domain,be it a King,Duchess,or Baron,you should tax,work out a deal of support,whatever you can do.They are there on YOUR good graces,and they may be powerful,but in your realm you are the top dog.If in order to exercise your rights as regent you need strength,do it.Make the deals you need to.Contest the temples if you have to then allow another temple to fill in the void.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Riegan, you forgot the ability to afford large number of mercenary armies to defeat you with!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    If your temple really wants to be that power hungry go ahead.Most temples cover more than one land,and as the regent if you feel a showdown is coming,make sure thos countries that share those temples would be ready to fight too.Temples may be strong,but against several lands even they will lose.If nothing else that Temple will be weakened to the point of another temple being allowed to move in.

Lord Eldred,are you telling me,that if I,(just setting up a scenario),as King of a nation,was to come to you,as head of your Temple to Haelyn,and request say,4 GB each season for purposes of domain maintenance and expenses,I am out of line???I came to my throne through legal means,ie I was the heir who was invested when the old King died,I am a good man and the people love me.I did not come demanding it,I came asking.I was polite and respectful.But by your and many others words,I am an infidel because I dared ask the church to pay a tax???

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...but it is not always to your interest. I.e. it is much more preferrable not to tax the Cuiracean church in your domain, but in return ask that they defend with their troops your territories. They might be offended if you ask 1 GBs, but be glad to pay much more to maintain a military who will constantly defend your lands.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my realm the church and state very often share wealth for the purpose of advancing the position of both. I was actually agreeing with you that taxing the guilds only is a problem. They could use their vast fortunes if they get pissed off to hire armies to overthrow you as province regent. Politics is like walking it tight rope. One false move and you will fall to your death.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhhhhh.....hehe...I feel like a horses arse!!!!

Sorry 'bout that Lord Eldred...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Strahd

...but it is not always to your interest. I.e. it is much more preferrable not to tax the Cuiracean church in your domain, but in return ask that they defend with their troops your territories. They might be offended if you ask 1 GBs, but be glad to pay much more to maintain a military who will constantly defend your lands.

Yes, allow them to raise armys and maintain them in your domain and when attacked by your neighboors that have us their main religion the Cuiracean too who are they going to support? We don't you give them the law of the land too?

The only one with armys in your domain should be YOU.
    OK. You should be careful with churches by with guilds too. You should charge them something reasonable and definately not let them be the only church or guild in your domain. When their stay is contested by a rival, they will be happy to give money in order to earn your neutrality!!!!

As far as guilds are concerned, apart from selling information to your rivals and use their vast fortunes against you, they can always assasinate you :P, if you piss them off.
    There is a saying on Gont, Weak as woman's magic, and there is another saying, Wicked as woman's magic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Riegan Swordwraith

Ahhhhhh.....hehe...I feel like a horses arse!!!!

Sorry 'bout that Lord Eldred...
    We all make mistakes! You are forgiven ;)
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Thread Information