Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lawgiver

I would think it is possible, but the results of tapping into them are extremely dangerous. (see the Secrets of Taurheivel). I would prefer to leave shadow world sources in the shadow world. Otherwise it would require an open shadow gate of some sort and most likely cause some sort of shadow rift... through which all sorts of nasties could enter Cerilia.... It would probably be a good adventure hook though.
    In a campaign last year, the one of the gates did open near Ilien (my party traveled through a portal in Taeghas to get there) There were unbelievable nasties and an epic battle involving many hundreds of folk. It took the sacrifice of the daughter of a minion of the cold rider and a human to close the gate once more.
    Hmm, I have to get that story written up someday.
    "Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."
    -Jules de Gaultier

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm..... Shadow Sources, sounds like something very interesting, I may have to look into that..... Thanks for the Idea.
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haelyn worried about Lord Shaene's use of Shadow Sources quickly wipes that idea from his memory banks!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Siebharin the leach (sp?) is rumored to have sources or atleast have the know how to combine daylight and shadowworld sources.
    when he casted the spell that vanished all the Sidhelien and part of the gorgons army in one province within a sec.
    though it went a little wrong, and couldnt control both sources, so now the province has a very small barrier between daylight and SW
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been toying with a shadow wizard prestige class as well. I've developed some background to support the idea. I'll post it to the writers guild. I wanted to note the page 44 of the Bloodspawn book makes reference to awnmebhaighl that is what spawned my line of thinking. Take a look under Awnmebhaighl and let me know what you think.
    Lee Vroman

"This is an adventure, damn it! I demand financial rewards for acts of homicide!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Several regions in Cerilia has a closer connection to the Shadow World than most areas, Tuar Annw and The Raven's Domain both come to mind. Other areas certainly exist. Having illusion, enchantment and necromancy enchanced (and evocation + transmutation degraded) in theres areas could be an option, using the rules for shadow magic from FR. This would be applicable for both normal spells, battle magic and realm magic.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've given an awful lot of things in Birthright thought. This I can honestly say has never been one of them. In the world of shadow what would the sources pool around? An area of intenese necromancy? Strange magical occurences? I will have to give this some thought.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The source power would come from the Shadow land just as in Cerilia the source power comes from the land.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's one thing for sources to come from ancient forests, rivers, impassable montains, an untravled river bed, its another to come from the desolate, gloomy world of shadow.

If you say it still comes from the land itself are sources on the world of shadow exactly where they are on Cerilia? The features in the world of shadow do parallel the same features on Cerilia. Are those features just more foreboding? It's an interesting question.

Certainly sources would be tide to the land somehow, but my thought process was questioning rather then pooling the natural land like on Cerilia, the energy on the world of shadow could get pooled to the land by acts necromancy and such.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe they are located in the same places as Cerilia but they generate power for Necromancy spells and the like and don't power other types of spells.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Thread Information