Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone done anything with this idea?

Possible to use this energy upon Cerilia, or would it be tied to the Shadow World itself?

Personally, I think the Sword Mage at least, as some sort of SHadow World cache of goodies, though whether they are portable into the world of light is another matter.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think it is possible, but the results of tapping into them are extremely dangerous. (see the Secrets of Taurheivel). I would prefer to leave shadow world sources in the shadow world. Otherwise it would require an open shadow gate of some sort and most likely cause some sort of shadow rift... through which all sorts of nasties could enter Cerilia.... It would probably be a good adventure hook though.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've toyed with the idea. The shadow magic concept from the Forgotten Realms campaign setting is ripe for conversion and bestowal of some birthright flavor.

I've looked into this and am in the process of designing a possible class or prestige class to this effect. The idea of drawing energy from a "shadow world" also manifests itself in Dark Sun, where Necromancers draw from the Plane of Gray, and Shadow Wizards draw from the Plane of Black.

I'll post my designs in the future.
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had that idea sparked in my mind after I first read the description of el-sheighul in the Khinasi setting. I did post a question on the mailing list about it but no one had done anything on such a thing. My idea was if this wizard could gain some influence and a domain in Cerilia what is his domain like in the realm of the shadow.

I have not yet read the bloodspawn book so I am not sure what ideas are presented there, I probably wont like them anyway. All the outerplanar stuff printed I have not like yet, except some of the creature/planar being types.

I would probably allow sources from the shadow world. This idea comes from the falcon and the wolf novel that Richard (the king) Baker wrote.

Other than that I haven't thought much on the idea. I am not much on the 3E rules, and I definitely do not like the idea of prestige classes. Actually I love the idea and they are actually really cool, I just don't like the experience system in 3E at all.

Back to the point, I would be more than happy to brainstorm with you on this if you like.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I think it is possible, I would think it to be quite rare. Given that magic itself is rare, I would think that a shadow source would be the rarest of rare. (Quite pink I tell you!)
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

I know someone said that they did a conversion for Shadow Mages to Birthright. Can I get a point in the right direction?

I have to reread Shadow Mage in the FR book, but it does seem that since BR has so much to do with the Shadow it would fit in a very dangerous way.
    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever.
    (Isaiah 40:8)

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am working on it at the moment, spent 2 hours last night typing up info. Here is the basic info. (The format is stuffed, but you can probably work it out).

Shadow Affinity gives the mage low-light visions and the shadow sight abilities of a halfling (spot SW portals, sense undead and necromantic magic)

Shadow Adept gives mage darkvision, shadow walk, plus additional bonues when in SW or near portal

Shadow Master gives mage shadow portal abilities, plus additional bonuses when in SW or near portal.

Shadow Lord gives mage shadow form abilities, plus powerful attack and defence abilities when in SW or near portal.

Level BAB FortSave RefSave WillSave Special ????????? Spells per Day ????????
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    1 +0 +0 +0 +2 Shadow Affinity 4 2 - - - - - - - -
    2 +1 +1 +1 +3 5 3 - - - - - - - -
    3 +1 +1 +1 +3 Shadow Familiar 5 3 2 - - - - - - -
    4 +2 +1 +1 +4 5 4 3 - - - - - - -
    5 +2 +2 +2 +4 Bonus Feat 5 4 3 2 - - - - - -
    6 +3 +2 +2 +5 Shadow Adept 6 4 4 3 - - - - - -
    7 +3 +2 +2 +5 6 5 4 3 2 - - - - -
    8 +4 +3 +3 +6 6 5 4 4 3 - - - - -
    9 +4 +3 +3 +6 6 5 5 4 3 2 - - - -
    10 +5 +3 +3 +7 Bonus Feat 6 5 5 4 4 3 - - - -
    11 +5 +4 +4 +7 7 6 5 5 4 3 2 - - -
    12 +6/+1 +4 +4 +8 Shadow Master 7 6 5 5 4 4 3 - - -
    13 +6/+1 +4 +4 +8 7 6 6 5 5 4 3 2 - -
    14 +7/+2 +5 +5 +9 7 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 - -
    15 +7/+2 +5 +5 +9 Bonus Feat 7 6 6 6 5 5 4 3 2 -
    16 +8/+3 +5 +5 +10 7 7 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 -
    17 +8/+3 +5 +5 +10 8 7 6 6 6 5 5 4 3 2
    18 +9/+4 +6 +6 +11 Shadow Lord 8 7 7 6 6 5 5 4 4 3
    19 +9/+4 +6 +6 +11 8 7 7 6 6 6 5 5 4 4
    20 +10/+5 +6 +6 +12 Bonus Feat 8 7 7 7 6 6 5 5 5 5
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Raesene can you post this in the writer's guild under Birthright 3E with all the information about the class. I think lots of people would appreciate it!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I intend on posting it as soon as I finish the description. I'm still working on the spell list and the actual class description, it might be done by the weekend.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If only we all had more time...;)

I am looking forward to your contribution!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Thread Information