Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Birthright Gods

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by irdeggman

I would recommend using Deities and Demigods vice manual of the planes to capture how to best describe a god. There are options in that book that describe different methods of divinity including a small write up on gods that die.

IMO I see no real correlation between a god an a true blood line. What I mean is that gods' blood is not difined in terms of blood strength, it is beyond being "true", more of a "pure" divine blood if you will. The gods are not scions, that was not presented in the 2nd ed BRRB nor was it presented in the playtest version - and it was not intended that they be described as scions (at least in the playtest version).

The present deities are not "carbon copies" of the old ones, Haelyn is not Anduiras reincarnated but the one who was the closest to him both physically and philosophically. How could Khrisha, Belinik and the Cold Rider all be Azrai reincarnated? I tend to view them as each having an aspect of Azrai but not the whole, even though the Cold Rider is the closest to the evil that was Azrai and could easily be made into Azrai reborn if desired.

Note that both in 2nd ed and the proposed version a character can never "acquire" a true blood line except through direct investiture, not blood theft nor raising of blood score via regency.

I think that what you are describing as True blood powers are best though of as salient divine abilites (again see Deities and Demigods) and would probably be best described using that book. Also it is already written and is an "Official" WotC D&D product which makes using it a whole lot easier and consistent with D&D rules than trying to create your own system.

As proposed in the playtest version all planer travel passes through the shadow world so that is an important aspect to keep in mind. I only use this since you brought up the playtest version as a source for the planes you are attempting to capture.

As far as adding more blood abilities, most of the comments I've seen on this one pretty much think that the playtest version granted too many blood abilities at high blood scores and the very bottom had too few. So IMO this would translate into not adding more blood abilities but rather lowering the table (or equivalent method).

Deities and Demigods uses divine ranks to determine the amount of abilites that a deity gains. This reflects their individual power and number of followers, etc. When we put together the playtest verrsion we deliberatly removed any references to books other than the core 3 (PHB, MM and DMG) that would make them "required" sources to play since not everyone internationally would have equal access to them, also it gets expensive buying these products. This does not mean that they can't be used nor that they shouldn't be used in an individual campaign. For example if a campaign has characters that are reaching 20th level they should definitely use the Epic Level Handbook but that was not for us to dictate.
    :)
    I'm completely of your opinion...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This goes somewhat of the topic, but about the adventure/campaing that Raesane Andu is planning to keep. I have had similar ideas but, naturally, few differencies.

During Battle Deismaar Azrai found out that he could not beat all other gods, so he detonated himself and other gods at the same time. Blood of the gods was divided among the mortals and the those who got the most of the blood formed gods of Cerilia that we know today. The blood left among mortals of Cerilia is Azrai's "plan B" to gain victory over the other old gods. As we know, Azrai's blood has ability to corrupt blood of other gods, so in the end, all blood of gods will be in one blooded awnsheghlien that will incarnate as Azrai to challenge new gods to battle. If this happens all the new gods will fall and Azrai rules the Cerilia. (OK, this is far fetched, but gods are immortal and they can wait few thousand of years to gain what they want.)
    Now Azrai is Cold Rider in shadow world and cannot enter Cerilia before his body (the one last awnsheghlien), soul (Cold Rider) and breath has been united (the Apocalypse) in some sort of ritual or cosmic happenings.
    This is main line of my campaing.

So what did I wanted to say with this? Nothing, just that it is funny how two DMs from different parts of the world can plan similar adventures. And same time I want to thank Raesane Andu from giving me some new ideas to my campaing :)
    I do believe
    Only Innocence can save the world

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Tempest

This goes somewhat of the topic, but about the adventure/campaing that Raesane Andu is planning to keep. I have had similar ideas but, naturally, few differencies.

During Battle Deismaar Azrai found out that he could not beat all other gods, so he detonated himself and other gods at the same time. Blood of the gods was divided among the mortals and the those who got the most of the blood formed gods of Cerilia that we know today. The blood left among mortals of Cerilia is Azrai's "plan B" to gain victory over the other old gods. As we know, Azrai's blood has ability to corrupt blood of other gods, so in the end, all blood of gods will be in one blooded awnsheghlien that will incarnate as Azrai to challenge new gods to battle. If this happens all the new gods will fall and Azrai rules the Cerilia. (OK, this is far fetched, but gods are immortal and they can wait few thousand of years to gain what they want.)
    Now Azrai is Cold Rider in shadow world and cannot enter Cerilia before his body (the one last awnsheghlien), soul (Cold Rider) and breath has been united (the Apocalypse) in some sort of ritual or cosmic happenings.
    This is main line of my campaing.
    Very intriguing - I like it. Kudos on the subterfuge/intrige aspects.([_]
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great. That's the kind of adventure I am looking to run in a few months time when characters start to kill off the Awnsheghlien. Thats why I have been developing rules for the gods. The two things I have now done is develop a list of Godly actions (Just like regent actions - but can only be carried out by a Regent of an Outer Plane - ie a God) and develop a list of True Blood Abilities (sometimes just extreme versions of Great Abilities, but also include the ability to perform the kind of actions that only the Gods can do).

The concept is based on the fact that similar to the way that Regents collect RP when the populous revere them as leader, the gods also collect RP when people worship them (based on level and conviction). They use this RP to perform Godly Actions.

I like how you tied in the 'lost' Azrai essence. I need to think more about what happens to the other derivations.

To clear up any miscomprehensions - I think the current Birthright system is great - I just need to add a few mechanics to my game to allow me to develop some interesting storylines like the Cold Rider example above.
    Gav

Thread Information