Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BRadmin View Post
    currently not standard, only new pages are listed amongst the posts, since wiki articles ARE treated as post.
    I see if i can write a module for VB-advanced to diplay recent changes as well.
    Ah, I see the complication. Well, do what you can. I just find it nice to have a link and a summary of recent wiki activity right there on the index page for br.net. Makes my daily review faster.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be great if we could search the wiki without having to go to advanced search. I think it might work if you make a copy of the existing quick search form but add:
    Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="type[]" value="23">
    inside the form.

Yeah, it does work. I tested it in Web Inspector :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless One View Post
    It would be great if we could search the wiki without having to go to advanced search. I think it might work if you make a copy of the existing quick search form but add:
    Code:
    inside the form.

Yeah, it does work. I tested it in Web Inspector
    there used to be a searchbar on the BRCS and D20 main pages to search through the namespace alone.
    I tested it with custom vbulletin code.. which did work.. BUT vbulletin search code work with a bunch of securities.. (secure_token)
    it looks like: var SECURITYTOKEN = "1319786625-8148820860a7ca72db09839bc554e3da9ee1db10";
    I entered the secure_token details in the code as well, but normally they are generated based on the user (plus rights)
    so yes, it works when you are logged in and are using your own secure_token.. (dont know when the secure_token expires)
    it may work with some tweeks..

ill probable have to write some kind of addon
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Administrator
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Code:
    i finally managed to get the wiki-search working.. like i thought it wasnt so easy after all.. well it was once i knew how
    Had to install sidebar everywhere, edit the plugin to show on wikipages, then write a new sidebarblock template and then write some code to make everything work.
    the value 23 turned out not to be working.. was getting no searches found.. while 1 and 3 were searching the forums
    turned out it had to be :
    Code:
    <input name="contenttype" value="VaultWiki_VaultArticle" type="hidden">
    anyway, have fun with it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great. Some more feedback:

1)
    Home page is showing only recent threads in the forum in the left column, while forum and wiki are both showing both active threads and active wiki articles. Now that I'm spamming the wiki, people who don't care about the wiki can't see recently active threads in the left column. Wouldn't it be more logical like this:
    Home: Both recently active forum threads and recently added/edited wiki articles
    Forum: Only recently active forum threads
    Wiki: Only recently added/edited wiki articles.

Maybe it would be also interesting to have separate components for forum and wiki and see everything on every page that way. We made something like that here: http://www.springyarchiver.com/blog, with both blog and support using the same engine but still there are different components in the right column for each of them.

2)
    Tables of contents are not working great on the wiki. tocleft works ok but it should really respect the contents so the we don't have part of the content to the right of the toc and another part below it. tocright doesn't seem to work at all in BRCS articles. Also, preview doesn't seem to work with toc templates.

Downloads
    Uploads

2)
    Tables of contents are not working great on the wiki. tocleft works ok but it should really respect the contents so the we don't have part of the content to the right of the toc and another part below it. tocright doesn't seem to work at all in BRCS articles. Also, preview doesn't seem to work with toc templates.
    they work.. but when you use H1 for titles, the H1 creates a new section.. i e, closing the DIV..
    so in order to use the floating tocleft or right.. you can only use h2 and below.

you mean if you go to Template:tocleft you can not preview the template?
    or it doesnt render when you are editing your article?

Downloads
    Uploads

1)
    Home page is showing only recent threads in the forum in the left column, while forum and wiki are both showing both active threads and active wiki articles. Now that I'm spamming the wiki, people who don't care about the wiki can't see recently active threads in the left column. Wouldn't it be more logical like this:
    Home: Both recently active forum threads and recently added/edited wiki articles
    Forum: Only recently active forum threads
    Wiki: Only recently added/edited wiki articles.

Maybe it would be also interesting to have separate components for forum and wiki and see everything on every page that way. We made something like that here: http://www.springyarchiver.com/blog, with both blog and support using the same engine but still there are different components in the right column for each of them.
    splittng latest threads and latest wiki additions is no problem..
    but i am also working on a recently changed module.. to display new pages AND latest edits.. once i got that thehy can be seperated. now, In the forum threads are only newly created pages being displayed

Administrator
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Recently changed sidebar has been added to the WIKI page.
    (carajo... that was a hell of a job!)

Its not totally perfect (no link to edit differences) but it filters on unique pages that have been created of edited.
    Since the database query was really a pain the ass (9 left joins and 1 inner join).. and very server intensive, i have put the template cache on 60 minutes (refresh rate)

the latest threads on the fromtpage also show wiki entries, BUT those are only the newly created ones.. not based on edits

Administrator
    Downloads
    Uploads
    apparently the query was a little overdone.. it was sucking up the whole mem of the server.
    Flip rebooted the server and i rerwote the query for the latest wiki changes.
    (should be ok now)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The wiki search search results are a little wierd for a wiki. If I search for "western", the first 10+ entries it suggests must be purely based on their content, not their titles. The wiki page for Western Coast doesn't come up until halfway down the first page of suggested links. Can you change it so that the content of the titles is more heavily weighted than the article content?

Sorontar

Thread Information