Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wiki integrated in forum

Apparently the conversion on the live server went 10 times faster then my localhost, so the new software is up and running.
    I have also upgraded vbulletin, so also that one runs on the newest server.

I removed all the custom styles of the forum, so i can start with a clean basic layout in the near future. (i didnt want anything to interfere with the wiki install)

Most templates are loading, some still must undergo some maintenance. (for example the breadcrumb templates, they show red, but when you click on the link, it DOES take you to the page)

I have also integrated the grid960 system., this is a DIV based column stylesheet to replace tables (see http://960.gs/ for more info)
    I am using a 24 column fluid grid here on birthright.net
    so all "tables" made with the grid system will scale perfectly to every kind of screensize. ill try to post a small tutorial later, but it is very easy.. just give it a try or take a look at some of the templates already using it.

Please take a look at the newly installed wiki software, try to fix some things if you see them on your way.
    If you doubt about something, either post in this threat or in the WIKI-discussion forum
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh and one feature is autolinking.. dont look strange if you use birthright related names or terms and they get autolinked to pages of the wiki.
    just leave them be

Downloads
    Uploads
    the "old" wiki is still up for references. if some pages are somehow missing in the new one, you can always take a look at the old one.
    http://www.birthright.net/brwiki

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool Arjan. While I realise that you probably still have lots of your hands finalising this, may I suggest

Is it possible to return to the double square brackets way of marking links in the wiki or do we always have to use wiki /wiki (in square brackets) tag? Also, note that some simple words like will now become wiki out-of-context in this forum.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello.

I´m likely just blind, but I can´t seem to find where to search in the new wiki? On the old one it was on the left side, outside of the texts so to speak, but can´t find any on the new one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by adg View Post
    Hello.

I´m likely just blind, but I can´t seem to find where to search in the new wiki? On the old one it was on the left side, outside of the texts so to speak, but can´t find any on the new one.
    just use the forum search on the right top

and if you want to search in the wiki pages only, click on the Advanced search below the search field, it will take you to this page: http://www.birthright.net/forums/search.php

check the box next to : Wiki Content Pages.. and voila

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, well, you gotto log in for both of those, the best thing with the other search was you didnt haveto do that. For someone who sits at alot of different comps, and got security settings that dont allow autologin and such on some of them, thats a big anoyance

But I will I guess, :/. Propably not many who have those problems
    Last edited by adg; 10-24-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    Cool Arjan. While I realise that you probably still have lots of your hands finalising this, may I suggest
    • giving the us mods back our power so we can do things like protect key pages.
    ok, i havnt actually looked into the userrights my bad

• fixing/turning on redirects (can't get to the BRCS)
    by this you mean the breadcrumbs listed on top of all the BRCS pages?

There was on LIST closing tag, but a /redirect closing tag.. list are working fine

Is it possible to return to the double square brackets way of marking links in the wiki or do we always have to use wiki /wiki (in square brackets) tag?
    no unfortunately not, but there is a button that embraces a word.. and not all words have to be tagged since we got autolinking

Also, note that some simple words like will now become wiki out-of-context in this forum.
    Yes, i can put in words in the admin panel that will be ignored by autolinking.
    Already put class in there since it was interfering with style classes in DIVs

just make a list of words that should be ignored.. (i can also put up a min of characters from which autolink will start, now is set to 4)

Administrator
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by adg View Post
    Yeah, well, you gotto log in for both of those, the best thing with the other search was you didnt haveto do that. For someone who sits at alot of different comps, and got security settings that dont allow autologin and such on some of them, thats a big anoyance

But I will I guess, :/. Propably not many who have those problems
    in the past we had some issues with bots using the search and the site became unstable.. i therefore turned it off.
    While is was editing some other userrights for the wiki, i turned it on again.. so you should be able to search again when not logged in

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Arjan

I just had a look at the Fanbased section indicies - Feats, Skills and abilities ; House rules ; Player tips; and Gurps Conversion all look to have lost their data...

Also a few pages have had the punctuation go funny with lots of question marks replacing comma's, apostraphe's, etc - any idea how to fix this easily? I'm thinking it may have been me posting stuff up in the wrong font...

Thread Information