Downloads
    Uploads
    I had been toying with the idea that the reason the Gorgon doesn't get out and rampage around as much is that in the last few centuries he got so dense that he'd sink through ordinary dirt as if it was quicksand, so that only the most solid rock supported him ... for now ...

This is not something he'd advertise, but is one more answer for "Why hasn't the Gorgon conquered more stuff, especially in the last 5 centuries when there isn't an empire to stop him."

Lyndon

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don`t think he is worried about sinking into the ground.......it would
    have to be pretty dang soft dirt for that to happen, and most soil is also
    rocky. If it weren`t, then all those Golems would be hell bent for the
    core.

I think the Gorgon hasn`t conquered more because the Designers didn`t think
    about his relative power compared to the states they placed around him. I
    mean, the Giant Downs should have long ago been his, and a couple of the
    surrounding Brecht Kingdoms wouldn`t stand a chance against him.

The other point to this is that the lands he does control aren`t really 100%
    under his control. Tyrants rarely trust others to rule things for them, so
    it makes for a busy day micro-managing a big kingdom. Even his most
    "trusted" henchman is noted as plotting to take his power.

If his forces were composed of just one race it would make it easier for him
    too. His Trolls, Ogres, Orogs, Goblins, Humans, and Dwarves all pretty much
    hate each other and likely fight constantly when they can.

Even playing the Gorgon himself in the Birthright: the Gorgon`s Alliance
    game, I can tell you his realm is potentially very strong....but it is
    actually very hard to put together the resources to just out and out conquer
    another kingdom. With the majority of his forces being goblins....it takes
    about three or four times as many goblins as the enemy to be able to defeat
    them; and that takes a LOT of coin.

Just my thoughts on it.

Tony

----Original Message Follows----

This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.
    You can view the entire thread at:
    http://www.birthright.net/read.php?TID=1667

Landsturning wrote:
    I had been toying with the idea that the reason the Gorgon doesn`t get
    out and rampage around as much is that in the last few centuries he got so
    dense that he`d sink through ordinary dirt as if it was quicksand, so that
    only the most solid rock supported him ... for now ...

This is not something he`d advertise, but is one more answer for "Why
    hasn`t the Gorgon conquered more stuff, especially in the last 5 centuries
    when there isn`t an empire to stop him."

Lyndon

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online
    http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campa...gn.asp?cid=3963

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    An interesting idea, but not likely.

Personally, I think the reason the Grogon doesn't conquer the rest of Anuire, is that he doesn't need to to achieve his aims. If you think about it, his main aim is to kill off a few powerful regents and claim their bloodlines to strengthen his own. He could embark on a war of erradication against all blooded scions, but even if he won and commited bloodtheft on ever scion he could capture alive (and a lot would die in battle) he wouldn't gain as many bloodline points as if he just occasionally harvests Anuire of a few powerful blooded scions each century and leaves the rest alive to grow and strengthen their bloodlines.

If you think about it, this is pretty much how the Gorgon has operated for the past thousand years. Michael Roele is a perfect example. The Gorgon didn't have to attack Anuire, instead he arranged for the emperor to come to him and then took him on in hand to hand combat in an attempt to steal the Roele bloodline.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Raesene Andu

An interesting idea, but not likely.

Personally, I think the reason the Grogon doesn't conquer the rest of Anuire, is that he doesn't need to to achieve his aims. If you think about it, his main aim is to kill off a few powerful regents and claim their bloodlines to strengthen his own. He could embark on a war of erradication against all blooded scions, but even if he won and commited bloodtheft on ever scion he could capture alive (and a lot would die in battle) he wouldn't gain as many bloodline points as if he just occasionally harvests Anuire of a few powerful blooded scions each century and leaves the rest alive to grow and strengthen their bloodlines.

If you think about it, this is pretty much how the Gorgon has operated for the past thousand years. Michael Roele is a perfect example. The Gorgon didn't have to attack Anuire, instead he arranged for the emperor to come to him and then took him on in hand to hand combat in an attempt to steal the Roele bloodline.
    Actually I think the Gorgon's main drive is to claim the Iron Throne, which IMO is why he didn't ascend like Kreisha and Belinik.

Now he doesn't need to make a drive towards the Imperial City in order to accomplish this since this act would cause an alliance of rulers who wouldn't normally ally themselves. The combined might off Ghoere, Avan and Boerune would most likey be sufficient to act as a deterence against any overt military action by the big "G".

He can act to plant seeds of doubt (Azrai influence) in ruler and get them to "conquer" themselves and then he could walk in and claim what was left.:)
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information