Downloads
    Uploads
    This site has the power to create official Birthright documents. I believe it has been particularly charged with the duty to develop a 3rd edition conversion for the game. I know certain people are in charge of this.

What exactly on this site is "official?" I know as members that we are allowed to contribute material. I also know as a DM that some of the stuff contributed won't be balanced, by historical precedent. Who is going to monitor this?

I would actually like to see an official rules conversion and setting conversion. I understand that this will take some time and manpower, and I am willing to put forth an effort to assist in this matter.

Travis Doom's conversion is a step in the right direction. However, I personally believe that there are serious flaws in a few of the rules (read: bloodlines). There were no serious errors in the original bloodline rules, why were they mutilated like they were? Some central ideas of bloodlines and bloodtheft were removed. The fact that a bloodtheft occurs only upon the killing blow being through the heart, for instance, and the idea of a single recipient of the bloodline strength upon theft. His class conversions and domain action conversions seem balanced so far, and I know that he obviously tried to balance blooded characters with non-blooded characters. I don't believe that ability scores should suffer because a character is blooded, though; maybe blooded characters should be considered +levels, but I don't think that commoners (even heroic ones) are going to have higher ability score averages than the blooded. Actually, the reverse is more likely, particularly when comparing heroic regents with heroic commoners.

This hasn't been a particularly happy rant, but my intent is to motivate, myself and others. I have a few qualms about the Doom system, though I support most of the ideas it conveys. I love Birthright, and I am being forced to adopt 3E, so I'm willing to fight for the privelage of playing both simultaneously. ;)

Now to catch my breath...
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    the power of the official site is that we are able to publish (but make no money from it) D20 material using the copyrighted and registered birthright materials.

we cannot change the characteristics of BR, like killing major awnshegs etc. that would influence the core of BR.

there have been some tries to start up a group to do several thiings, but all 'died' within weeks.

the only thing that is left is Ian's aduria....

everyone would like to see new/revised material but no one actualy does help to finish such a project.....
    for exemple: BR.net when this site was started we had like 10 people 'helping' building the site...
    within 3 weeks only Sindre and I were left over....but we accomplished the huge job.....
    6 months after that I was the only one left over....i still am. 1.5 years later i am still maintaining the site by myself.

but hopefully this is going to change now since i intergrated the writers guild. So that any member can submit there own made stuff

often asked for help....but no luck.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand. People often intend to assist in various projects and rarely come through. I've been in the process of starting a club at my school, but am having fun trying to maintain attendence and interest. Running organizations can be very thankless, particularly without assistance. You've done a magnificent job and couldn't have done better myself.

It would be foolish of me to pledge too much time towards another project. It is impossible for role-playing to be even 25% of my life. However, I do plan on contributing.

All hail Arjan, the reason we have a site to go to.
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    All of your efforts are appreciated Arjan.

Gargamel-You asked who is going to monitor the stuff that might make the game go off balance. I think the answer is the main responsibility is the DM. If something is really wrong and should have never been posted in the writers guild I would imagine Arjan would take care of it.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know Arjan fixes mistakes if you email him. He's fixed two or three of mine!

What a fine site admin we have!
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think personally, that there will never be an "Official" Birthright ever again.

The best we can hpe for is a "Widely Accepted Standard", but even that is unlikely in my experince.

What Arjan says is true, many people want new things, but they don't often help create it (but seem eager to critique/complain about what is available).

The problem is also, that Birthrihgt tends to generate more... intense opinions/styles' than other campaign settings. Fro mthe years that I have been around the Birthright community, I can honestly say that I have never (I repeat never) seen a post or idea where everyone agreed. There were always at least a half dozen "Yeah buts..." or "It's good idea, but I would od this..." responses.

Thus is the case with the 3E Conversions. Travis Doom's version seems to be most widely used, but even then many people have altered/tweaked it for their own campaign.

Unfortunate really, since it would be nice to discuss 3E birthright without first having to explain how your individual campaign world works, but that is the way of things I guess. :P
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Morgramen,

I have found that with D & D in general. Each group has there own special little way of doing things. I think the fact that the game is so dynamic is what appeals to me. Birthright even more so! I would like to see Wizards of the Coast bring the game back, I am sure there would be a market for it. In tell then I will contribute to the Writers Guild as often as I can and COMPLAIN LOUDLY THAT I WISH THERE WAS MORE PRODUCT!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hheehhee.. good approach L.E. especially the 'complaining loudly' part. I like that... ;)
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats why Lord Eldred Rocks!!

Thread Information