Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For my own part, I say that it is possible to 'redeem' yourself of the blood of Azrai.

Personally (I may have a different view than others on what happened at Deismaar): I don't think Azrai's blood actually 'exists' as the conventionally rules make it out to be.

"Huh", I here you all say? :)

Personally, I don't think Azrai's blood is actually fully released in Aebrynnis, unlike all the other bloodlines. This is why Azrai (aka The Cold Rider) can still hang around - his blood is still "tied" to him, unlike all the other god essences. In other words, Azrai never fully died, nor did his blood actually leave him - his 'death', and the sacrifice of the Old Gods - simply "expanded" his "consciousness" (Power) and caused it to be anchored into the land of Aebrynnis, trapping his power in Aebrynnis, but his shell of a 'body' in the Shadow World ... whereas the majority of His power should have gone with his 'body' if his power left the world like with the other Gods and to their own planes of power.

But the link between body and essence is NOT sundered - he's still "living" in BOTH places ... Azrai (his Power) CAN'T leave Aebrynnis, and He (his Body) is "stuck" in the Shadow World, as it were, so He is unable to take true form which (luckily) keeps Him from growing in power. So far as the players know ... right? Which also means Azrai MUST come back to Aebrynnis one day in the future to reunite himself with his Power ... Oh, the saga potential ... hehehe :)

This is also why, IMO, people can have spell-like abilities as a priest (Serpent, Hand of Azrai) in a god that does not "exist" per the BR rules ... because they are calling on Azrai himself to power their spells thru HIMSELF (and the power of the head priest, who "bloodline" permeates the area), exactly as He did with the old True Wizards, the so called Lost Ones.

And, to further this, this is why Azrai's blood has such a hold over its 'possessors' - using a Middle Earth analogy, the Essesce of Azrai (Sauron) is in all those who hold his blood, and like the One Ring, Azrai's Ego, that still holds the Essence as One, can control those people who possess a little bit of Him inside them; the more power, the greater his control over their emotions and thoughts and such. In other words, I make the blood of Azrai much more "intelligent" and "cunning" than what I think is intended per the rules, being that Azrai has a much more active "hand", as it were, in every one of his scions' destinies ...

Makes the title of his one church much more fitting, wouldn't you agree? ;)

In essence, then, I think all affected individuals at Deismaar absorbed some essence of one of the good gods, but Azrai's power lashed out and "leeched" onto the 'natural' bloodline in ALL SCIONS, but that in some instances, based on their 'evilness', his ego/Power/Essence overrode a particular bloodline so that Azrai's influence now dominates the subsumed natural 'good' bloodline every scion has.

This is how I also explain why Azrai's blood can corrupt a scion in bloodtheft, but not the otherway around. Thus the "Bloodline" of Azrai is really a template overlaid on a natural bloodline of the unfortunate scion and his descendants ...

And, ultimately, explains how a scion can redeem themselves of the evil taint of Azrai!

Either that, or its because I'm an eternal optimist. :)

I love Star Wars. And BR. ;)
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All I can say is cool!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads

Bloodline redemption spell

Rumor has it that the Ortodox Temple once purified a Roele Emperor after he killed an awnshegh - with a lvl9 spell Bloodline Redemption (it is the popposite of the Magian's Bloddline corruption spell).

If resurrection is an option I can see it happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only way we have ever played it is that a character would essentially have to Divest their blood into someone else. Having done that, they are then unblooded and free of any taint from Azrai.

Had a character place his blood in a convicted murderer, then had the murderer executed by burning alive. The player no longer had a bloodline, but was at least free of an evil bloodline gained after killing an awnsheigh.

I like the idea of a Bloodline Purification spell...but I feel it would only work if the character originally had a bloodline other than Azrai. Anyone born with the bloodline of Azrai couldn't be "purified" because there is nothing to go back to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The way my group has always handled it is that the bloodline wasn't blood, it was essence and you could feel the different variations of essence in your body and could, of course, invest another with that essence of which you don't want. Sometimes that is through a magical item. Sometimes I requires a priest. Always it is a chore (quest) to complete and you are often on a ticking clock; sitting on a bomb waiting to explode, before it completely taints all your essence and corrupts the PC. And just like godly might, the power of a "living" god is nothing to be dealt with foolhardily. Things have a way of cropping up in the path of the one seeking to rid themselves of this bloodline that could cause them to fall faster... and if they choose to cut the wrong wire in that bomb... BOOM!
    --Give me ambiguity or give me something else!--

Thread Information