Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have been cursed with the blood of Azrai is there a way to redeem yourself? If so do you lose your bloodline altogether or does it simply change derivation?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't some Ershegh have the taint of Azrai? I forget. I think the curses of Azrai should be able to be redeemed after hard work and sacrifice. Its all up to the DM, though.
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't think so.....

However just because the Blood of Azrai has manifested itself in you means you become an inhuman monster....Take the Siren for example.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not all with the azrai taint become awnshegh and not all awnshegh are evil (the sea one in Anuire) I think one of the Ershegh in Brechtur has Azrai blood
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nearly everything is possible in my own mind, you just have to work and search for the solution.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    What about the second half of the original post?

If your entire lineage is of Azrai blood and you are born with the bloodline, what happens if you free yourself from the curse. Are you now unblooded or something else?
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would certainly make for an interesting character - the continual struggle to win free of the corruption he was born with...

I'd suggest that the only way to win free of that taint would be to undergo some sort of ritual purification (and quest, don't forget the quest), after which time the character's own past might be rewoven, changing the derivation of their bloodline; or perhaps the character might be adopted by a more benevolent power, who would add the finishing touches to the purification, and thus alter the derivation of the bloodline.

Just some thoughts. Taking away the bloodline entirely just doesn't seem like the way to go, IMO.

Shieldhaven

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate to be the only to stand oppossed (well, no not really) ;)

I think that the current awnsheigh are special cases. They are not the average PC character. They are DM tools who are worked to fit a purpose. Certainly, if it needs to be done, then the DM could permit a player to gain Azrai blood, suffer horribly, only to be redeemed and then be ultimately better off for it.

I don't buy that story arch personally. I prefer the tragic hero. The villain who sacrifices his own life in order to save/redeem the one thing in the world that means everything.

Darth Vader anyone?

The fact that he was sooo bad, and that it cost him his life to finally be redeemed, amplified the severity and meaning of his sacrifice and redemption 1000 times over.

So should it be with Anuire.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you Morg that the awnsheigh defined in the rules are for GM purposes only. (Thus their 'reserved' status as realms). However, I was referring more to PCs then NPCs. I thought it would be an interesting PC to play sometime. The struggle of man against himself is often the most overlooked element of a good campaign, movie, novel, etc. I agree with you that it should require a noble act of redemption, but if it were my PC I wouldn't be in a hurry to play Heratio on the bridge or the man in black with a respirator. I'd prefer to keep playing my PC... though a truly noble end would be worth sacraficing a PC.

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.

Romans 7:15-21
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    Without darkness,we wouldn't need light.Without Evil,we wouldn't need Good.

I think that is a quote,and if it is,I probably just butchered the hell out of it!:)

Everyone likes Villians,because without Hans Gruber,there could be no John McClain......
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Thread Information