Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read somewhere an idea for a wizard subclass similar to the magician about Vos sorcerers. This class was based upon the idea that as Azrai corrupted the vos, essentially stealing magic from them, he gave them another magical option.

This class was very similar to the Magician class and the Ghul Lord kit (from Sha'ir's Handbook).

Basically, instead of Divination and Illusion, the wizard gained access to the >2nd levels only in Necromancy. He also had access to the Ghul Lord's Manipulation abilities. In trade-off, the wizard went through a sort of death transformation.

This has great NPC potential (or even PC if you're brave). The powers can be on par with a normal wizard and blood isn't even neccesary. Angry Vos intellectuals could do wonders with this sub/prestige class

In addition to these ideas, I have also added the possibility of some of those fun shadow magic feats/rules (from the forgotten realms campaign) to be used in Birthright. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to speak up:

Warlock (Sorcerer is taken)
    Possible Requirements:
    Chaotic Alignment (Shadow world manipulation is sketchy)
    Evil Alignment (Neutral and Good Ghul Lords were possible)
    Shadow Magic Feats (Not neccesarily fitting in this setting, but intriguing)
    Magician levels?

Possible Abilities:
    Cast from Wizard Sorcerer spell list with school/lvl restrictions.
    Possibly could allow access to illusion spells >2nd also
    Manipulations as a class ability
    Weakening transformation as a class ability
    Shadow Magic (from Forgotten Realms)
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the BR mailing list someone had proposed the idea of a "Shadow magic feat", which could allow unblooded individuals to power higher-level spells through the Shadow world.
    You could also take a look at the Shadow adept prestige class in the new FRCS. Can't fit straightly into the BR, but some good ideas in there :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the two concepts would work very well together. (or even apart, but together may be more interesting).

Why is evil so interesting to create?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I posted about adapting the Shadow Magic feat from the Forgotten Realms. I did it so that certain prestige classes would be made available (like the Penumbra Lord and the Shadow Magic Adept).

Also, I was working up some prestige classes based on the various religious organizations like the Sisters of the Veil and the Speakers.

So, if our group gets around to working on the 3E project, I can work on some prestige classes and they will see print.

Elton Robb;)
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    What are the chances that your group will get to work on some 3e projects? We would really like to see more official Birthright product! What would it take to convince the powers that be?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Eldred
    We would really like to see more official Birthright product! What would it take to convince the powers that be?
    Probably an act of God...
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With all due respect, I'm not sure you realise the power a ghul lord has in his hand. Sure, he nearly kills himself in the process, but nonetheless a ghul lord who has rolled good hp can practically use meteor swarm and teleport without error at level 2-3. I should know, having played one in the days I was into power-gaming(didn't we all do that once? ;) ). I wouldn't want anything that has a similar ability in Birthright.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not saying that the Ghul Lord is the most balanced class. Far from it. The Ghul Lord is one of those classes that requires a lot of DM interepretation and judgement to play. This causes a lot of players to look only at the class' abuse, min-maxing, or munchkin capabilities and ignore the concept of the class.

In my class, I'm taking into account these factors and I will make it playable and (relatively) non-controversial.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Arch-Sorcerer Gargamel

I'm not saying that the Ghul Lord is the most balanced class. Far from it. The Ghul Lord is one of those classes that requires a lot of DM interepretation and judgement to play. This causes a lot of players to look only at the class' abuse, min-maxing, or munchkin capabilities and ignore the concept of the class.

In my class, I'm taking into account these factors and I will make it playable and (relatively) non-controversial.
    Which reminds me . . .

I have to get working on that ERSHEGH TEMPLATE! Oops, I revealed too much!

Repectfully Yours,
    Elton Robb:)
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am looking for an Act of God. Can people help me pray for an Act of God!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Thread Information