Thread: Minor concerns

Downloads
    Uploads
    These are just minor questions and comments, but its the little things that makes a product truly shine.

In the index of existing Birthright products, the magazine articles are listed as being "Unofficial" in parenthesis. This seems incorrect, since the the various Dungeons & Dragons magazines were, and remain, 100% official material, for Birthright and everything else. Furthermore, none of the Birthright dungeon material appears in the magazine list. This strikes me as a curious exclusion, since I know there was at least one ("Seeking Bloodsilver").

I'm also curious about the d20 Birthright team's stance on 3.5E and d20 Birthright. I personally hope that they'll endeavor to upgrade d20 Birthright to 3.5E, especially considering the revised edition will have its changes posted for free in the SRD, and this document is still only a playtest one, and would be due for a revision anyway.

I'm also slightly curious about some of those unpublished materials. While some of them have been made available via WotC on their website, is there a way to find out more, or possibly even see, the others? Some of them look very compelling indeed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes we are going to update once 3.5 comes out. Of course that would be after everyone digestes it (all three books in one month - there will be a lot of poor people then).

Things appearing in Dragon Magazine are not (nor have they every been) always considered "100% official". This is due to the fact that many independent "authors" are used. Presently Dragon is being published by a separate company and is only "looked over" by the WotC staff. It is completely independent in its choice of material. Pretty much only things listed as Official D&D material are to be considered "Official", e.g., Sage Advice "these are considered official errata", the previews of 3.5, etc.

Seeking Bloodsilver is listed under the "unofficial" products. It is the only mention of Birthright in Dungeon that anyone on the team has ever heard of.

The remaining unpublished material was listed basically because the titles were mentioned in one way or another by members of the WotC team. As far as anyone knows there was never enough of any of the unavailable products written to made availabel by WotC.:)
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by irdeggman

Things appearing in Dragon Magazine are not (nor have they every been) always considered "100% official".
    Not so, not so. Even now, it says right on the cover of Dragon "100% official Dungeons & Dragons" or something to that effect. Look in the lower righthand corner.

This is due to the fact that many independent "authors" are used. Presently Dragon is being published by a separate company and is only "looked over" by the WotC staff.
    Even given that some (but not all) of the authors were independant, their material was still looked over by the same people who worked on the core materials. That isn't as true as it was then, but then, no new Birthright materials have come out since Dragon and Dungeon went to Paizo. Those magazines were in-house then, and WotC put their stamp of approval on anything published in their magazines, as did TSR before them. They were optional materials, its true, but still official. Just ask them.

It is completely independent in its choice of material. Pretty much only things listed as Official D&D material are to be considered "Official", e.g., Sage Advice "these are considered official errata", the previews of 3.5, etc.
    Again, that may (emphasis may since it says "100% official" right on the cover) be true now, but it wasn't when all Birthright materials were published.

Seeking Bloodsilver is listed under the "unofficial" products. It is the only mention of Birthright in Dungeon that anyone on the team has ever heard of.
    I missed that? My bad!

The remaining unpublished material was listed basically because the titles were mentioned in one way or another by members of the WotC team. As far as anyone knows there was never enough of any of the unavailable products written to made availabel by WotC.:)
    Darn!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by irdeggman

Yes we are going to update once 3.5 comes out. Of course that would be after everyone digestes it (all three books in one month - there will be a lot of poor people then).
    Well, indeed. I'm sure very much people try to stay at the 3.0 version and "borrow" new things from posted discussions of forums, otherwise many, many, many budgets will have holes...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Already got my books preordered.

Thread Information