Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Increasing your bloodline strenght should be a slow process. For one character to gain 10 points during two decades of rulership should IMO be considered very good.

Just think about it: what would happen over a couple of generations if blooline increases were more common? You'd have a bunch of andurias, great, 100 chaps running about. That is not very belivable. In fact, in the years after Deismaar, bloodline seem to have gotten weaker, not stronger.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also agree it should take time to raise your bloodline with RPs. Yes, its awfully annoying, and nearly useless from the point of view of a character whose campaign probably won't last more than 5 years on average(Mine lasted 12 years before it was too messed up to be worth continuing). But, from another point, I always consider the legacy my character will leave behind. Will I be your average ruler, will I be a mediocre ruler, or will I be one of the few who are remembered?
    Rule up your domain, establish strong alliances, perhaps even gaining a few vassals, claim a few new provinces, build fortresses to protect your domain, palaces to entertain your nobility and create the basis for a strong army and navy! Acquire some magical items and gold through adventuring and finally, raise up your bloodline, that you can pass on to your heir, and you truly have been a great ruler.

On the topic of blooded marriage, you'll note that the designors didn't bother to check who a regent was wed to to determine the bloodline strenght of their children(Avan, Alam & Diem come to mind). Its worth pointing out that even if you marry a commoner, your heir can still have a potent bloodline, if you were wise enough to designate him before your death, thus passing on your bloodline to him.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Thread Information