Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Temujin

That's normal, a small realm like Medoere or Ilien shouldn't expect to be able to sweep through Anuire, even a neighboring realm in the first few turns. Birthright is built in a way that it takes at least 6 or 8 domain turns for a small power to have any chance of major gain, and that's the way it should be realistically too. You just wouldn't see Naples take out all the Papal States right off the bat, much less stand up to a major power like France or Spain. Would you like to play in a game that allowed a random morronic state to suddenly become a major power because it was run by a PC for about 3 turns? I don't think so.
    I whole heartedly agree. Don't get me wrong I don't expect any of the smaller realms to conquer the land and reunite the empire with great speed. I just thought the progression of the bloodline was a little slow. Perhaps adding a blood point if the regent completely conquers a realm wouldn't be to inappropriate (though it would be unbalance 1 province of Ilien vs. the 7 of Coeranys).
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Illien won't re-unite the empire, it will form a new one!

None can withstand the mystic might of the Aglondiers!

(Sorry)
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gaining blood points by conquering an entire realm doesn't seem out of line.

Remember too that there are other ways to increase your bloodline that doesn't cost so much regency points but are dangerous! However, you would take that risk if you were out to conquer the world.

Both Medoere and Ilien no longer exist as independent provinces in my campaign. They both join Roesone and Oseorde to form the United Provinces of Haelyn. The players in my campaign form a council that is pulling together to expand the realm and thus some day will go up against the more powerful domains.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Note my original intention was to seek bloodline strength with out killing others and avoiding relics and artifacts. Bloodtheft is difficult with out launching a blood bathe. Relics and artifacts leave one open to theft... and thus an EXTREMELY dangerous situation where once expected regency is no void.
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understood your intention but in fantasy reality that is probably how it would actually have been done.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    point taken. Sadly due to my warped personality I prefer realism in roleplaying to fantasy (which is ironic in itself... go figure...).
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that gaining more domain without spending resources to bring up your bloodline is a way to spread yourself thin. I think that is realistic, given the game circumstances. The game itself/the domain system is centered on the bloodlines and their importance. Making it easy to increase bloodline and regency is like making it easier to get experience points so players. To me its just an excuse to break the rules in favor of the player, not a question of realism.

We obviously see this differently, I value the balance the system gives in regards to the arduous feat of having a bloodline so high. Its not and easy come system and results come from the perseverance of the player and character. I think it should be difficult to get more regency than a character can get according to the rules and bloodtheft is a very dangerous path, if you are renowned for such a thing you quickly become everyone's enemy.

One thing must also be considered in my opinion, if you allow the domain power to be the RP income, what is stopping Ghoere from taking the Iron throne? His domain will give him way more regency that Avan or Boeruine. With the little guys that biggies get more too if you change that rule so I don't see, in an over all perspective the worth of doing it.

It will change the focus on domain which will change the game entirely. May not be bad but the value of the bloodline will drastically decline into a symbolic thing with some ability bonuses. The bloodline is the centre of the campaign cause without it one is just another character. Without the rules like they are then anyone can start a domain cause all they would need is a domain in order to collect regency. That I understand is debatable but I would prefer from the arguments that I have seen to simply keep the RP income the same. I am simply not agreeing with your argument that's all.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I fully agree that without a bloodline a character is just another character... But tell me did you not have aristocracy in your other cmapaigns? The idea of the game is "Birthright", its family based on who rules. The ability of the ruler to rule shouldn't come from the family, it should come from abilities of the ruler. Thus a rules with a crappy bloodling (that is still legitimate!) should be just as fit to rule as Ghoere who simply has a stronger bloodline. Ghoere should make a run on the Iron Throne, after all he has the military mights, etc. The problem is politics and support not the bloodline. Roele is dead and so is the proof of a pure bloodline, even if the Rolele line existed its not the bloodline strength that would determine who rules, but the relationship and family tree that determines the bloodline. If a blooded regent marries and unblooded woman he cuts his blood strength in half. Their son is still the rightful heir, and has a stronger claim to the throne than his second cousin who may have a bloodline strength 3 times his.

I guess I'm in favor of the best candidate rather than the dolt who was born from ancestors that were the closest to a cataclysimic blast several hundred years ago. The game is about politics, intrigue, and diplomacy not the parents of your character...
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think your bloodline gives you certain advantages to rule but I do think a commoner could lead if they had the right stuff. Thus I think I once again agree with Lawgiver.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hail Lord Eldred! A fellow brother of reason and profound wisdom!
    Lawgiver

Thread Information