Well said Perhelion
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhelion: I agree with your statements. I'm just stating that the rules are jaded toward those with the bloodline. I personally prefer a challenge.

Maybe I should change my screenname from Lawgiver to DebateSparker.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you really want to be a heroic regent, and your bloodline is low but your abilities are good, cleanse the land of the evil blooded. You can, in this manner, increase your bloodline through bloodtheft (much quicker than regency) and be even more heroic for it. The reverse applies to evil regents (who can be less discriminating on their choice of victims). If your character has an 18 intelligence, then finding other ways to increase bloodline should come naturally.

In any case, I think if you have a low bloodline (like 8) then you should hold off on regency until you have a higher bloodline and can manage a kingdom, then have someone invest you with something. That should be a good-roleplaying oppurtunity in itself.
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I would have to vote with the arguments that say to enforce the rules. I think that the weak should focus on building up their bloodline before they try to go out and build an empire.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't feel the rule should not be waived, but I could see where a change in the rule could be more realistic and beneficial,perhaps you could get your bloodline score in regency and say +3 points for every 10 points of your domain power, so if you had a bloodline score of 25 and a domain power of say 60 you would recieve 25 regency points for your bloodline and (60 divided by 10 = 6 times that by 3 for a total of 18) 18 points for your domain power for a combined regency gain of 25 + 18 = 43 points
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Once again I feel that it is necessary to remind Lord Shaene that as his DM that will never happen!

Gargamel, just be careful because a good character that is taking in all this evil blood can't do so without any risks. Especially blood tainted by the Azrai!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Thread Information