Hello.

The Atlas Team will real soon begin to work on the realm statistics, including the realm economics.

The problem is that the realm economics rules (i.e. regency collection and maintenance costs) requires a lot of work. While this is fine for a player, I think it'll force the DM to do a lot of administration (if he wants to be accurate and not cheat, that is)

What I am asking for is simplicity, even at the expense of realism.

I think the domain income collection rules are really simple AND good. In contrast, the regency collection system is based on skills. While highly realistic, it does require the DM to figure out the skill-levels of a regent, something that would probably be part of a full-character write-up. Unfortunately such full-character write-ups are not scheduled to be part of the d20 Atlas. (Instead, they will probably be part of an upcoming Book of Scions.)

So, is there a simple (but standardized and agreed-upon) DM-way of calculating regency income collection that we could use in the d20 Atlas?

The same goes for the domain and army maintenance cost system. The realm descriptions simply won't contain all the information necessary for an ACCURATE calculation of realm economic figures.

What to do?

(Oh, besides these issues I think chapter five on ruling a domain is very well done ;-)