Thread: Atlas Questions

Downloads
    Uploads
    1) I hope that you will include the starting domain attitudes for provinces, and for nonlanded regents present in realms. It would be a nice way of quantifying the descriptive text.

2) Will you be describing the game mechanic for Tael's 'Calling the Banners?' --full Muster cost? --Reduced muster cost? --RP cost?? --require an action??

3) Are the Redspurs Stiele Ghieste's Cohort (Leadership Feat)? If so, will this be made explicit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Rhobher Nichaleir

1) I hope that you will include the starting domain attitudes for provinces, and for nonlanded regents present in realms. It would be a nice way of quantifying the descriptive text.
    Without giving too much, I can say that to this question: Yes.

2) Will you be describing the game mechanic for Tael's 'Calling the Banners?' --full Muster cost? --Reduced muster cost? --RP cost?? --require an action??
    Cannot say. But I think it will be up to the GM to decide.

3) Are the Redspurs Stiele Ghieste's Cohort (Leadership Feat)? If so, will this be made explicit.
    Hmmm I do not think that Ariadne has put it in her text... Mmmm, maybe she can tell you more about it.

But, Rhobher, as for anyone, the Atlas will offers pretty much informations but not all aspects will be covered. The Gm will develop himself more of it for his campaign. We offer latitude for the GM.

:)

Sincerely,
    Count Demeter([_]
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>The thane will eventually give her realm to the Boeruine family. Now, it&#39;s just a matter of months...</td></tr></table><span class='signature'>
    Count Mordhekai Demeter, Lord of Winter&#39;s Deep
    and protector of Talinie

Downloads
    Uploads

The Redspurs serve Stiele Ghieste as a private army, but aren't his cohort (thus, Stiele Ghieste needn't to have the leadership feat)...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Who pays their maintenance then?

I guess my real Q is 'If we have rules for personal armies, why don't we use them where they are appropriate??'

Is there a reason they wouldn't be his cohort??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Count Demeter

Cannot say. But I think it will be up to the GM to decide.

But, Rhobher, as for anyone, the Atlas will offers pretty much informations but not all aspects will be covered. The Gm will develop himself more of it for his campaign. We offer latitude for the GM.

Sincerely,
    Count Demeter([_]
    I ask because the 'calling of the banners' is described as a special action, and it is a powerful ability. Is there a reason that you wouldn't devote one paragraph to explaining how this should work. The D20 has described a number of regualr actions, why not describe this one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok.

For it, you must tell Ariadne. She will adjust it if she thinks it must be. IMO, I think she should ! ;) In a sidebar that is...

Count Demeter
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>The thane will eventually give her realm to the Boeruine family. Now, it&#39;s just a matter of months...</td></tr></table><span class='signature'>
    Count Mordhekai Demeter, Lord of Winter&#39;s Deep
    and protector of Talinie

Downloads
    Uploads

I ask because the 'calling of the banners' is described as a special action, and it is a powerful ability. Is there a reason that you wouldn't devote one paragraph to explaining how this should work. The D20 has described a number of regualr actions, why not describe this one?
    Hmmm... I didn't think about it. I will overthink and update it in my description about Ghoere. If you have other ideas, I'm glad to hear them (send me a private message if you like)...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    1) Will the whole of Anuire be covered?
    2) When can we expect the first draft?
    3) Will it be in the same format as Ruins of Empire or will it be more like the Player info found in domains (like Ilien ... etc)
    4) Will you make a complete list of standard sources at the beginning of the Campaign (because Ruins of Empire was a bit incomplete)
    5) Will you include character discriptions and experts from Blood Enemies?

A lot off questions ;)

6) do you need help ... iff yes how can I assist you ([_]

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Fardo

1) Will the whole of Anuire be covered?
    2) When can we expect the first draft?
    3) Will it be in the same format as Ruins of Empire or will it be more like the Player info found in domains (like Ilien ... etc)
    4) Will you make a complete list of standard sources at the beginning of the Campaign (because Ruins of Empire was a bit incomplete)
    5) Will you include character discriptions and experts from Blood Enemies?

A lot off questions ;)

6) do you need help ... iff yes how can I assist you ([_]
    Ok, some answers...

1. Yes
    Although the Atlas will also be released section by section rather than wait a year or so until the whole book is finished.

2. Hard to say
    We are about a third of the way through the realm for Anuire, but there is still the history, culture, organisations, etc chapters to be worked on, although a start has been made on each (especially the prestige classes section). Any date I gave you at the moment would only be a guess, too much work has yet to be done, although in the last couple of weeks we have suddenly jumped forward considerably and a lot has been done.

3. No & No
    We will be using a new, expanded format, including elements from the RoE format, the PS books, and the geography section of the FR campaign setting, and then adding in some new element.

4. Not sure what you mean here...
    Do you mean a wizard's sources, or something else.

5. Possibly
    Some full character descriptions will be given (looking at about 20 per region at the moment) for the major regents, and it is possible that this will be expanded to give 3E stats for ALL major awnsheghlien if this is something the BR community wants.

6. Not at this stage
    As of last week we have enough people signed up to work on the Atlas for now. If this changes, either through people dropping out of the project, or the project moving slower than expected, I'll make an annoucement on the forums asking for new people. For now, I don't want to expand the Atlas group beyond its current numbers (15 people).
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Thread Information