Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sir Justine wrote:

>This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.
    > You can view the entire thread at: http://www.birthright.net/read.php?TID=1474
    >
    > Sir Justine wrote:
    > Thanks for your help guys! :)
    >
    >And how could you find it Valerio? I never thought about searching in a brazilian store...
    >
    >
    >
    I was looking for X-Files DVD, and after find X-Files i just take a
    look at PC games. I wasn`t looking for Birthright PC game. :)

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Sir Justine
    PS: And Nikolai:
    1 = real
    2+ = reais
    In portuguese, normally you can make the plurals by just adding "S". But words that end with an "L" have a plural with "IS".
    Not that I think you are really interested in this... :P
    I quote myself (or should I say myslef):

I'm afaraid my Brasilian Portuguese is rather bad
    But being a nitpicker I'm certainly interested, although I'll likely have forgotten about this simple rule by nightfall.

So... have you bought it yet? :P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Nikolai II@Mar 27 2003, 03:19 AM
    clip "... no intention whatsoever to sell the game again, nor produce anything similar. " clip
    So whom exactly owns the rights to the Birthright game? I understand that Sierra made the game (or atleast put their name on it). Didn't some company buy up the rights shortly after. Hense why there wasn't much tech support or patches issued. [Said in a non-offending tone.] The reason why I ask this is because I would like to see a second game come out. Using a 3D engine off the shelf today and better programming, the game might be bug-light.

I have read reviews for the game and come to this conclusion. You either love it or hate it. I have loved it from the day I understood how to play the game. I did find the basic and advanced game option too restricting. Though others found the game too complex. Ha, a game that you have to think about your next move or next few moves it too hard for some.

I have personally experienced over 2 dozen bugs in my many years of playing this game. I have never installed a patch though because some bugs are really helpful. I have messed with character editor also to include friends as other regents. Yeah, it's a bit saddening when your friend is no longer there for diplomacy.

On to bigger and possibly better things.... does anyone think that a second game will come out? If it requires some underground help then I am in. h34r: With the economy the way it is, I might be willing to move also. I wish I had computer game programming skills so I could participate in this undertaking. If I were to attempt such a thing myself, I might use the same map and have it take place a few score years after the Gorgon dies. I would rather use another portion of the Birthright system. I would an extreme hard setting (above the normal Hard setting of 500) to that of 750 or so. Inside the game I would like to see a "Build all roads" tab. Permanent placement for battle status in skirmishes is cool. Maybe even an option to keep viewing on Command view while unit view will be from chase camera. Ouuu and declaring multiple wars is nice since usually more than one regent usually declares war on you.

In adventures I would offer a bit more challenging boards. Including such things like poison traps, runes and the like to spice it up a bit. Monster combos like a red dragon and iron golems (extreme but used only to show an example). Ouuu a gelantinous cube! I love those things. Smarter opponents who come running when they "hear" conflict in another room. Maybe include spawning creatures to replace those that investigate noise in another room. Maybe some opponents run to get more help. And if the PC group is kicking arachnids and taking names then beef-up the next spawned creature.

Your group is adventuring in... let's say the Spider's Lair and pretty much causing havoc without being touched. The next spider that would spawn is a little deadlier than his kin. Regular large spiders might turn into poisonous large spiders who in turn might change to venom spitting large spiders. This would give the gamer an increasing challenge. Add to that a bit of tactics or dirty fighting and those adventures are nothing to laugh at.

Sigh, maybe I am asking too much from an already complex game. For now I will stick to table top play though I haven't found anyone interested in Birthright. We are a select breed of gamers unique by our style of play and our obsessive need for detail. And those people who think Birthright sytem sucks, I tell them to go Google themselves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [Edit] The FAQ answered my questions.
    If they made a new version, I'd be lining up now.

Cheers!

Hullo. I just registered to give you a working link for the character editor. All hail google and so forth.

Enjoy.

http://www.sierrahelp.com/Games/BirthrightHelp.html

Thread Information