Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, didn't mean to disrespect your buddies.

A ley line to Spiderfell and casting undead legions eh.........

I'll have to try that.
    "Chaos is beautiful"
    Arioch

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you need the latest patch though, or it only creates 1 units of skeletons instead of several. One note of warning, the Gorgon and others can also create multiple units of skeletons, becomes a little more difficult to defeat him when you have to face vast numbers of skeletons, although having a few priest lieutenants can help a lot.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Raesene Andu
    Sierra didn't make the BR computer game, the only published it and then squashed the sequal because the BR game was proving to be more popular than their flagship RPGs (Betrayal in Antara I think it was) they has spent vast amounts of money promoting.
    The BR game was created by Synergistic Software, and they originally had plans for BR Deluxe (original game with several addons and improvements) and BR 2 which would include other regions of Cerilia, naval rules and more. But Seirra said no to the sequal despite strong sales of the original game (very good sales I have been told).
    I highly doubt that Seirra would quell making a sequel to a game if it were so popular. If they did then their business manager needs a swift kick in the rear and some more schooling.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I can remember from that time, that is effectivly what happened. When The Gorgon's Alliance was released, Sierra has expectations that it would sell so many copies and if it did, then a sequal was likely.

The game sold well over their initial expectations, while their flagship product (betrayal at Antara) did dismally. And according to what I heard, this pissed off some high ups at Sierra so the scrapped the sequal to BR, and didn't even proceed with the BR deluxe version of the game. Synergistic (who also create hellfire, the expansion to diablo) dissoved shortly afterwards and I lost contact with the designers.

It didn't make sense then either, but game publishers are generally a pack of mongrals. Now it may be that the sequal was canned for some other reason, but that was the reason I heard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Raesene Andu

I have the BR deluxe manual, which was sent to me by Robert Clardy, the game designer, and if you add the last patch (1.4) and the various other add-ons then you effectivly have the deluxe addition.
    What add-ons, what did I miss, how can I get them. Of course the game is very old, but I still like to play it sometimes, I never saw any add-ons on line or in stores??

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know if you check out Gamespot.com (in the PC games, strategy section under Gorgon's Alliance) they have some patches.
    If anyone knows of any other sites let me know.
    "Chaos is beautiful"
    Arioch

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is another patch, version 1.4 which fixes some additional problems, as well as several editors. I don't have links to any of them, but I'll see if I can find them again and post them on a page.

some cheats

During play, hit F3 and enter the following codes:

SYNCASH - Get 500 gold bars
    SYNADV - Play any adventure
    SYNFLY - Party can Fly
    SYNHEAL - Heal party

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a site where you can download the 1.04 patch. I'll see if I can find copies of the character editor and the other editors. They used to be on the sierra ftp site, but I can't get find them now.

http://download.joystick.fr/patchs/birthrightv104.zip

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by morgramen
    Well, I'm not sure what it would take really, but a 3E Birthright character/NPC genertor would save me about a gabzillion hours of work.

I've hounded Travis Doom to do one in the past, but I'm not sure what his status is on such a project. If you have the know how, perhaps I could also hound you to contact him and discuss the possibility? :)
    No hounding necessary. Its done. (I think). But I decided to use excel rather than code something up from scratch due to the ease of creating a "nice looking" output in Excel. The latest version (1.4) allows for user defined custom races and class. The spreadsheet is designed with the v3.08 3e birthright rulebook in mind but I have tried to make it VERY easy for anyone to modify things to their own preferences. All you have to do is changed the appropriate data on the data spreadsheet.

Arjan will put it up in the downloads section when he has some time. Until then feel free to grab it from www.wright.edu/~travis.doom/pub/BR.

- Doom

Downloads
    Uploads
    /~travis.doom/pub/BR. was not found on this server. Is it just me again? I did have the URL once, but since I replaced my old puter, have lost all my "favorites".
    "Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."
    -Jules de Gaultier

Thread Information