Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there anything in particular you would like to see, in terms of a software application, for Birthright. To get to carried away... I'm only 1 guy. But any kind of data tracking type application or rolling from a table tool would be possible.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I'm not sure what it would take really, but a 3E Birthright character/NPC genertor would save me about a gabzillion hours of work.

I've hounded Travis Doom to do one in the past, but I'm not sure what his status is on such a project. If you have the know how, perhaps I could also hound you to contact him and discuss the possibility? :)

I can type, build basic web pages, and make spaghetti, but cnouldn't program myself out of a wet saddlebag.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I hit 'send', another thing occured to me.

What about an 'army' program? SOmething that would track location and movement of various military units? Thus, if I wanted to move a groupd of archers and infantry from ROesone to Diemed, this baby could tell me which units I might use, how much it would cost to send them there, maybe even how many days it would take.

A battle resolution system would be way cool, but likely a bit complicated I would expect.

Could such a beast also be made to work for navies?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since I don't own 3e (and I'm boycotting) the NPC/PC generator is out. Sorry! I may build a limited regent generator/tracker at a later date... though I don't think this a priority verses a Tax Generating system.

As far as the military system. Theres a problem with that --the size and complexity of the map. If you or some other ambitious soul wants to scan/create an image of every single province (as seperate small image) that I can piece together into a big map then this is a possibility. I personally don't want to take the time to create all the images. (Ambitious Soul: Let me know if you are wanting to generate the images before you do it... So I can actually sit down and do a serious estimate on the complexity and time it would take to write.)
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I've already gotten a map of south western Cerilia. All's that would need to be done is to chop it up. There are also other maps out there of the entire continent which would't be too much trouble to finish off.

Take a peek:

http://members.shaw.ca/morgramen/index.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would prefer to have the images cut from the actual map that comes with the BR boxed set. The problem with those images though is the level of the province is displayed on the image. Another alternative that may be easier would be to use the print screen option in the BR CD game and edit those. Unfortunately, my CD drive's on teh fritz so I can't run the game to try it...
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to see a program that takes care of everything in the first part of a Domain Turn. Tracking Regency Points, Maintenance costs, and G.B. generation. IS that what you mean by a tax generator?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eldred... yup. Perhaps I should refer to it as a Domain Maintenance Tool. (It would be a lifesaver!)
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    Too bad the folks at SIERRA (makers of CD game Gorgon's Alliance) aren't birthright fans. It would be nice to pick that application off the CD game.
    It's also too bad that SIERRA didn't continue with their plans for the CD game.
    Imagine a CD game which covers all of Cerilia?
    Oh well, I guess I'll settle for the next best thing.
    A PBEM that covers all of Cerilia.
    :)
    "Chaos is beautiful"
    Arioch

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sierra didn't make the BR computer game, the only published it and then squashed the sequal because the BR game was proving to be more popular than their flagship RPGs (Betrayal in Antara I think it was) they has spent vast amounts of money promoting.

The BR game was created by Synergistic Software, and they originally had plans for BR Deluxe (original game with several addons and improvements) and BR 2 which would include other regions of Cerilia, naval rules and more. But Seirra said no to the sequal despite strong sales of the original game (very good sales I have been told).

I have the BR deluxe manual, which was sent to me by Robert Clardy, the game designer, and if you add the last patch (1.4) and the various other add-ons then you effectivly have the deluxe addition.

I even played a few games against the designers online when the game first came out, which were interested experiences. The first game I played Endier, playing it as I would a normal BR game, only to have one of the designer (I can't remember who) kill me off in about 2 turns, by creating alliances with Coeranys and Ghoere and sending troops from his realm of Baruk-Azhik staight into my single province. In the next game someone else tried the same thing, but I was playing Caine this time and was waiting with my undead legions (ley line to spiderfell, followed by mutiple castings of undead legion).

However, despite my best efforts to convince the designers, that particular spell was never fixed, making it way to easy to win if you have the undead legion spell. I still have a couple of scenarios for the game if anyone is interested.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Thread Information