I think that Gary pretty much nailed my intent. IMO most systems of describing the blood line score are divorced from how one gains the abilities. For example in Shade's proposal he puts forward an expenditure of experience for each blood ability. This really has nothing to do with detemining the bloodline score (and how many abilities a scion is eligible for based on the score) so I asked him to table that discussion until after we nail down how to determine the bloodline score.

I'd rather devote an appropriate amount of attention to the blood ability issue after we eliminate some sticking points. Now Gary's system is rather different in that both blood line score and the number of blood abilities gained are tied together at once, so his proposal will include a little of the cross over. I hope that makes sense, I just don't want to "attack" the whole of chapter 2 at one time for I fear we will degenerate into arguing for or against singular points instead of making any real progress towards coming up with a viable product. I envisoin that we will probabaly end up up with 2 systems for blood line score determination, a default and an alternate one. But I could be wrong they may end up being more similar than I anticipate.:)