Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would basically be a small Windows application (random number generator) that would let you roll dice without dice...
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have just started my PBeM, and am planning on having the players use a message baord to post their war moves on (using the standard war card rules). It is my hope that this will function like a sort of online chess game.

(Infantry move from A1 - B2). A dice roller that could email the results would be great! That way the players simply email each roll to the other, which keeps them honest, and keeps the DM from having to do any of the work. :)
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe that rolling the dice is part of the fun of the game and to have the computer do it for you just isn't the same. However, I am sure it is useful for some people, I just wouldn't use it.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a copy of said dice roller... it is the best dice roller I have ever seen. It will only be that much better if the changes we discussed are finished.;)
    And I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him; and he went out conquering , and to conquer. Rev. 6:2

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Xander. (flattery will get you know where... unless you're just really good at it!) I have the beta version if anyone's interested... I may finish it in the next couple of days and send the final to arjan.
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Eldred
    I believe that rolling the dice is part of the fun of the game and to have the computer do it for you just isn't the same.
    I know what you mean. about the idea of real dice. I will Most likely only use it if playing online or running my PBeM. If it makes you feel any better its got pictures of the various dice types... I'm in the process of altering it so that the pics shift when you 'roll' to give it a more realistic 'feeling'...
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by morgramen
    A dice roller that could email the results would be great! That way the players simply email each roll to the other, which keeps them honest, and keeps the DM from having to do any of the work. :)
    There is one already available at http://www.irony.com/ (saves me the work of that nasty portion of the software!). I would like to avoid something that interfaces with the internet, at least directly. Something that generated files to emailing then importing them yes... direct link to the internet... no. I don't have enough experience in that area yet!
    Lawgiver

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I already have a small java dice rolling program, just 7K in size, one my brother wrote for me a year or two ago. It can generate any compinations of die, with +'s and -'s. Very useful for those 10d8+10 type rolls.

It is only a very simple program, but one that I use all the time.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The initial version without the full graphical animations is available for download in a zipped format on my website Lawgiver's Chambers --> Downloads section. Let me know what you think!
    Lawgiver

Princess Emerald Greybear
    based solely on curiosity I'll probably check it out, however I can't seem to break away from my emerald colored dice.. hehehe

Thread Information