Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Divine Wrath Bloodability, p. 44/45

As I see it, the Divine Wrath is comparable to the Barbarian Rage + Damage
    Reduction.

However as a great ability the Divine Wrath should not be easily defeated by
    a mortal enemy who attacks to trigger the Divine Wrath and then runs e.g. 15
    rounds away to avoid the Wrath and then attack really when the Wrath runs out.

(not likely if the blooded is a wizard who can then cast maximized spells,
    but consider him a fighter here)

Would it be too much to add the Barbarians "Fast Movement" or something
    similar for the duration of the Wrath, so that an enemy can´t easily outrun
    the scion as soon as the Wrath is triggered?

Blooded Scion Template (p. 35)
    Scions with the Major/Great Template gain extra Hitpoints according to RP
    collected.

Minor scions gain none.

2E had 10 extra points for regents only, not all scions - but no
    bloodlinestrenght was excluded, all regents got them.

My opinion is based on what is written about the Gorgon. Prince Raesene has
    somewhere been mentioned to be the first to notice that the rule of land
    makes blooded beings tougher.

The dillema is that taking the ECL of the Great Scion Template not
    automatically gives you the extra hitpoints, you need to rule something.
    A player who creates a Great Scion character who is no regent (e.g. simply
    to summon Air Elementals during adventurs) will not get this advantage while
    still being penalized by the full ECL penalty.

A scion of a minor/weak/tainted line had the 10 points in 2E, no none.

I suggest to change this so, that ALL regents receive additional hitpoints
    according the RP collected. Minor scions will naturally receive less RP as
    they have less bloodline to collect RP, so they will have less extra hitpoints.

And scions who don´t rule should have less ECL because they have not extra
    hitpoints.
    bye
    Michael Romes

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The biggest problem with no ECL if not a regent is that once a character becomes a regent he now has an ECL. Others have pointed out that this "floating" scale is real hard to ejudicate and can make for a paperwork nightmare. Just a point of discussion not a defense or indication that I'm not open to change anything that's written.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like siple paperwork.

but on other notes.

Here I was thinking how it would be for the one with the divine warth to be alowed an extra move action, or the equalient of a haste spell but with the ability to stack with a haste spell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by teloft@Mar 12 2004, 10:57 AM
    I like siple paperwork.

but on other notes.

Here I was thinking how it would be for the one with the divine warth to be alowed an extra move action, or the equalient of a haste spell but with the ability to stack with a haste spell.
    This is a game buster. It would essentially give the PC 3 standard actions in a round when used with Haste. One of the main reasons they (WotC) adjusted the Haste spell in 3.5 was that it allowed characters too broad of actions and quickly become gamebusting in applications.

It also doesn't really reflect the descriptions of what Divine Wrath gave - see the fiction books for some color description of Michael Roele under the affect of Divine Wrath.

I've gotten the revised random generation tables from Osprey and after I apply a few minor tweaks I'll post the revised Chapt 2 for sanctioning this weekend.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's my suggestion for Divine Wrath:

Divine Wrath (Great)
    Derivations: Andurias, Basaia, Masela

When a character with this ability is moved to anger, she becomes a terrible enemy. Her body is imbued with righteous determination, and the mere sight of her angry visage terrifies her enemies. The divine wrath can never be summoned voluntarily; it comes over the scion only when she battles someone who has wronged someone, or something she cares deeply about.

This condition grants the character the following:
    • +1 base attack bonus, and +1 morale bonus to weapon damage rolls. The scion gains an additional +1 bonus in each of these areas for every two levels past 1st.
    • +2 competence bonus to all saving throws. The scion gains an additional +1 bonus every three levels past 1st.
    • DR 1/-. The scion gains an additional +1 to her damage resistance every 5 levels past 1st.
    • All spells cast by the scion are maximized (as per the metamagic feat)
    • The scion gains the Frightful Presence (Ex) ability to a radius of 10 feet. Any character who succeeds at a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the scion's character level + charisma modifier) is unaffected by this ability for the rest of the encounter. On a failure the creature becomes panicked for 2d6 rounds.
    The divine wrath lasts ten rounds plus one round/level.

-----

I had this idea that if Great blood abilities (and maybe Major ones too) were scaleable they wouldn't be so unbalancing at lower levels. For example a 6th level character with this version of Divine Wrath, and a 14 Charisma would have these 'gifts':
    • +3 base attack bonus (giving any character using the average or poor BAB chart an extra attack), and +3 to weapon damage rolls
    • +3 competence bonus to all saving throws
    • DR 2/-
    • All spells maximized
    • and the Frightful Presence ability with a Will save DC of 14 to overcome it
    What do people think about the scaleable blood abilities idea?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually I was mistaken in refering to gaining 3 std actions (only if using eh 3.0 version of haste). But it needs to be more than a simple extra move action of even an added effectof haste. It is supposed to be a souped up rage-type ability.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to make myself clear on the subject of 'new options' for blood abilities.

I will not spend another 8 months of my time running additional polls to determine what people want. I ran some already - I asked people what variants they wanted, got feedback, took the authors of those proposals and worked with them and prepared a presentation of variants and then called for a vote on which ones to pursue which determined the path of the revised Chap 2.

It then got revised and posted for discussion in Nov. I just posted it for sanctioning. I will not participate in another vast rewrite and failure to make progress towards completion that will only be thrown away and reopened up when someone new to the boards shows up with 'new and improved ideas' or 'what do you think of this?'

I mean no offense to you Ming I, you are just the most recent example of this philosophy.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    So um, Irdeggman, what will you do if the rev. Ch. 2 doesn't get sanctioned, as it seems to be a close race at the moment? Will that then be the time ot throw your hands up in the air and say, "Fine, YOU try to come up with something everyone approves of!" [Not that I'd blame you - I might well do the same thing in your position! ] But really, if the chapter is closed for revision, you might want to mention to the community the consequences of CH 2 (or any other chapter in the future) not being sanctioned.

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Osprey@Mar 13 2004, 09:19 AM
    So um, Irdeggman, what will you do if the rev. Ch. 2 doesn't get sanctioned, as it seems to be a close race at the moment? Will that then be the time ot throw your hands up in the air and say, "Fine, YOU try to come up with something everyone approves of!" [Not that I'd blame you - I might well do the same thing in your position! ] But really, if the chapter is closed for revision, you might want to mention to the community the consequences of CH 2 (or any other chapter in the future) not being sanctioned.

Osprey
    Chap 2, unlike any of the other chapters has gone through the most scrutiny. It, IMO, typifies whether or not the project can work currently.

It was "requested" by the group at large to do a chapter at a time - this was done.

It was "requested" by the group at large to develop alternitives to the system presented in the BRCS-playtest. They were developed by fans and submitted to be presented to the group at large to determine which options/variants to use for the Chapt 2 revision. There were polls to determine which were the most liked variantes. The results of the polls were used to develop the revised version.

This version was presented in Nov for additional discusssion. There were a few issues banted about, most notably long life and its frequency. Some wanted to change the ability itself while even more didn't want to since they felt it would degrade the ability to the point of making it undesirable.

So following step-by-step methodolgy, input and voting the revised version should be sanctioned since it was what people said they wanted. If it is not then that means that people don't mean what they said and hence any discussion on anything towards making any type of 'official' product is rendered useless.

None of the other chapters have gone through this process yet. But if it doesn't work then why bother at all?

If people don't see this then what good would it do to give my position any additional weight?

I see this sanctioning as more of a sanctioning of the process rather than any one piece of work.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fair enough. Good to know.

Thread Information