Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help,plz!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!
    I ask you these you this questions cause i dont understand a few things[i am a noob]!
    I guess Cold Rider is Arzai,am i right!Could you explain to me how he became a spirit?He supposed to be dead,right?Could you tell me some of the gorgons friends/ enemies?Elves cannot be found elsewhere[except their homelands]?Cold Rider is getting stronger every day?How?I heard that when a blooded character dies,he gets its power,!But if that is happens,then the bloodtheft doesnt work!I mean that the power has to be taken by the guy who killed the blooded character!Thats all!Thanx!

p.s:Sorry for my english but i live in Spai so...some mercy!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Druid wrote:

>This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.
    > You can view the entire thread at: http://www.birthright.net/read.php?TID=1415
    >
    > Druid wrote:
    > Hi!
    >I ask you these you this questions cause i dont understand a few things[i am a noob]!
    >I guess Cold Rider is Arzai,am i right!
    >
    Perhaps. In some texts he is Azrai - "died" at Deismaar. But who would
    expect the god of lies and deceit and deception without a backup plan if
    he faces all the other gods? Perhpas he had planned to rescue his most
    important part into the Shadow World to survive while all the other gods
    perished at the trap he sprang at Deismaar? ;-)

But that is just an assumption of me, not in the books.

>Could you explain to me how he became a spirit?He supposed to be dead,right?
    >
    He could have planned it as I wrote above. Or like mentioned at other
    places perhaps all dead have to wander through the Shadow World to get
    to their "haven". Dead mortals wander to the plane of their god, perhaps
    Azrai instead of being annihilated and distributed among his followers
    (through the explosion and the godsblood spread overall) his spirit was
    transported to the Shadow World where now he is trapped until he gains
    enough power to break free?

>Could you tell me some of the gorgons friends/ enemies?
    >
    Friends: None.
    Enemies: The rest.

>Elves cannot be found elsewhere[except their homelands]?
    >
    Wrong. Elves or better Sidhelien can be found nearly everywhere where a
    forest is. However in large number you will find them only in the
    Sidhelien realms, like Tuarhievel, Sielwods and Rhuobhe in Anuire.
    Everywhere else, especially in human realms they are reclusive and
    perhaps only to be met in the wilderness parts of human realms where
    they are unlikely to meet many humans.

>Cold Rider is getting stronger every day?How?I heard that when a blooded character dies,he gets its power,!But if that is happens,then the bloodtheft doesnt work!I mean that the power has to be taken by the guy who killed the blooded character!
    >
    A scion who commints bloodtheft on another scion does not gett ALL the
    power of the other scion, only a small part. The only exception is when
    he uses a Tighmaevril weapon to commit bloodtheft. What happens to the
    rest of the power of the victim is not described - it could perhaps
    really go where the dead souls go as well - to the Shadow World to be
    trapped by the Cold Rider who consumes it to grow stronger.

>Thats all!Thanx!
    >
    >p.s:Sorry for my english but i live in Spai so...some mercy!
    >
    Spai?
    Spay in Germany or Spain?
    bye
    Michael Romes

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

Downloads
    Uploads
    >I guess Cold Rider is Arzai,am i right!

The creators intentionaly left this unclear so that different DM`s could do
    different things with the Cold Rider. Azrai is one of the leading
    explanations. IMC, he`s the son of Belinik and Kriesha.

> Could you explain to me how he became a spirit? He supposed
    > to be dead,right?

Well, the idea that things that die will become spirits is pretty
    widespread. :-)

>Could you tell me some of the gorgons friends/ enemies?

The Gorgon has no real friends. He has clients, including the goblin
    kingdom of Markazor and the occupied dwarven kingdom of Mur-Kilad. Some of
    the other abominations ignore him, others see him as a rival. In a
    conspiratorial campaign, the Gorgon may well have agents placed in key
    realms to do his bidding.

Kenneth Gauck
    kgauck@mchsi.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Druid
    Hi!
    I ask you these you this questions cause i dont understand a few things[i am a noob]!
    I guess Cold Rider is Arzai,am i right!
    Cold Rider is IMO not Azrai. They are several hints that he is just an higher awnsheglien. That already had been discussed here, maybe you find your own version...

p.s:Sorry for my english but i live in Spai so...some mercy!
    You are not the only non-native speaker here....
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanx about your answers but i have a few more:)
    1)I would like to learn some more about Roeles death and why Gorgon wants his sword?Has he taken his bloodl abilities?
    2)After Roeles death begins a period cevil war,is there any good character who wants the throne?
    3)What is the fhilereane?
    4)May i learn some more informations about the 12[lost]!Do we know who are they and where they live?
    5)What kind of creatured do they have on their armies?6)Are there any organizations on Birthright?Could you give me some ideas of your come created organizations?
    Plz reply as soon as you can and sorry again for my weak english!

P.S:I live in Spain!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Druid
    1)I would like to learn some more about Roeles death and why Gorgon wants his sword?Has he taken his bloodl abilities?
    You can get information about that topic in the Sword of Roele Adventure. It is not for shure (but nearly) that the Gorgon killed Roele. Arjan had already an idea of some conspiration story.....

2)After Roeles death begins a period cevil war,is there any good character who wants the throne?
    Of course, but the Gorgon is really a hard antagonist.

4)May i learn some more informations about the 12[lost]!Do we know who are they and where they live?
    You can find informations e.g. in Blood Span (free download Wizards classic page). Some claim that there are still a few of the Losts around (I will not give any names here to spoil it for players).

6)Are there any organizations on Birthright?Could you give me some ideas of your come created organizations?
    There are plenty of organisations, too much to give an overview here. Wait for the upcoming BR Atlas, where you can find some of them.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Per the novel "The Iron Throne" the Gorgon did indeed kill Michael Roele. He did not however, gain any of his bloodline. That was denied him by Michael's last act. Basically he sent the power of his blood back into the land. This is all per the book, many have come up with other innovative concepts as to what might have happened instead - but one thing is consistent - the Gorgon did not take Michael's bloodline.

The information in the novel is much better than that contained in the adventure. The Sword of Roele, IMO, was one of the "worst" Birthright adventures. If anyone who has read (and tried to play it) doesn't come to the conclusion that it was a Forgotten Realms adventure that was simply rewritten in an attempt to make a Birthright adventure I feel that they have not really read the adventure, again just my opinion.
    Duane Eggert

>>>> Druid wrote:

>>>> 1)I would like to learn some more about Roeles death and why Gorgon wants his sword? Has he taken his blood abilities?

The Gorgon may have Roeles sword - it is very likely that he does and the sword was broken in their battle.

>>>> 2)After Roeles death begins a period cevil war,is there any good character who wants the throne?

Good is relative in BR, much like real life. There are `good` men who want the throne and there are other `good` men who believe that the throne should be theirs. Bad men want the throne also and then other groups like the elves probably do not want anyone to have the throne. When all of these conflicting goals meet at that big, black iron throne there is bound to be bloodshed.

>>>> 4)May i learn some more informations about the 12[lost]!Do we know who are they and where they live?

I, also, would like to know more (pet theroies about the lost). I emailed my own pet theroy to Morg a few days ago to get his take on it. I would be glad to run it by the DM types - right now it is a 2?-3? page doc that includes 18 months of blind action. [Blind action = does not include responses to potential threats.]

Eosin

Hello, I guess I gotta have a sig.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Eosin the Red
    I, also, would like to know more (pet theroies about the lost). I emailed my own pet theroy to Morg a few days ago to get his take on it. I would be glad to run it by the DM types - right now it is a 2?-3? page doc that includes 18 months of blind action. [Blind action = does not include responses to potential threats.]
    More information on the lost is also something I think should be seen. It doesn't really fit in the Atlas of Cerilia, but perhaps in an expansion all of its own...

Like more people I have a few theories, as well as sketched out ideas for the 12 sorcerers, how they gained their power, why they ended up in the Shadow World, and why they can't return to Aebrynis without considerable difficult. I even have a very rough draft of a shadow mage class that can be used for the Lost and those who seek to follow in their footsteps.

Eosin, I would be very interested in seeing your ideas, to see if you are thinking along the same lines as me.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to e-mail it to you but there is no e-mail function from the board?

Thread Information