Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello

First of all, I know as good as nothing about the original Birthright board game, but I've played the cd rom version (Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance) though. I want to ask you some questions about it if you don't mind. ([_]

1) I've finally found a way to play as other realms (f.e. Anuire, Rhoube) by patching the game. But still I can't play as realms such as Chaos, Five Peaks, Mur-khilad and Markazor. Is there anyway to fix it?

2) When playing adventure mode with Rhoube or Gorgon then sometimes the enemies wont attack (usually elves and gobs). Is there any way to fix this? Also Rhoube wont conflict any meleé damage on enemy units either. Why?

3) When playing for lets say hundred turns, a realm named Mieres suddently pops up. Now while doing some investigations about it, I found out that it is one of the forgotten realms that never were implented. How many more are there and is there any possibility to bring them back?

4) It seems that adventure monsters such as ogers and harps were also supposed to be "battlefield" units. Again...is there any (radio edited) way to bring them back aswell?

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some answers... (well sort of anyway).

1. The Chaos faction can't be played, it is simply a representation of any forces that appear due to random events (such as monsters poping up in your provinces). It's been a while since I've played the computer game, but I believe the scenario editor http://home.iprimus.com.au/msell/birthrigh...ra/scenario.zip allows you to activate the chaos faction. Never tried it though.

Markazor, Mur-Khilad, and the Five Peaks should be playable with the final patch http://home.iprimus.com.au/msell/birthrigh...tch%20(1.4).zip
    In fact, if you are after a real challenging game, try playing as Mur-Khilad. You'll find it very difficult indeed.

2. Because of the way the game works, if you play as Rhoubhe you are automatically assumed to be friendly to all elves (he is a great elven hero after all). And likewise, some enemies in adventures will not attack the Gorgon (although who would want to). I'm not what the problem with Rhoubhe and melee damage is, I noticed that when I played him as well, but given his magical abilities and vitrual immunity to most attacks, just blast anyone you see with spells, or take a lieutenant along for some melee hits.

You may not have noticed this, but if you have an alliance with someone (e.g. Ilien) and then go on an adventure in that realm, then the guards won't attack you either, because you are an ally of their liege. A neat trick.

3. Mieres is a colony on the continent to the south of Cerilia. It wasn't implimented because the designers chose to leave out ship units, so Mieres had no way to attack anyone without ships to transport their troops. I didn't know that it was originally part of the game though, although it was meant to be included in the sequal. It is unlikely that any other realm were included.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey thanks!!!

Well, I shall try the full patch 1.04 when I come home.
    Just one more thing...

Is it possible to get ride of Markazor and Mur-Khilad with Gorgon's Crown?
    The best solution I've found for this is by walking in the their provinces with Gorgon and letting the chaos skeletons do the drill. But because this some kind of slow method I wonder if there is any faster?:)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Please Please Please tell me where to find these patches. I have searched all over for them. I can't find them anywhere! Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    All the key patches and updates can be downloaded from http://home.iprimus.com.au/msell/birthright/ (click on the sierra game link)

If they don't work let me know and I'll see if I can't upload them somewhere for people to download.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can download it, but it says

Stub file failed:
    dos4gw.exe no such file or directory

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just download the editor then. With the help of it you can play as ALL realms.

Hey...I've heard that there also is a character and adventure editor arround...do you have a link for them too?:)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The character editor should be available from this link I put up earlier. As for the adventure editors, I'm not certain if they are available anywhere on the net, but then I've never heard of anyone using them to edit any of the adventures either.

If anyone is interested I have a copy, and I guess I can upload one or two (I think there are five all up) somewhere for people to download.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah plz upload the editor :)

Thread Information