Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At the end of the novel 'The Iron Throne' Michael Roele grounded his bloodline before the Gorgon could steal it. Is it possible to recover this grounded bloodline? If so why hasn't the Gorgon already reclaimed it?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you can reclaim it personally. I've always thought that when a bloodline is grounded, then it adds to the 'quasi conciousness' of the land itself, and thus joining with the mebhaigle of Cerilia itself.

It might be cool to have some sort of 'haunting ground' in the Stonecrowns though - where Roele grounded his bloodline. Perhaps it is a sancutary of sorts in the land of evil incarnate, shrouded by Roele's divine gift, or perhaps it is a constant torment of the Gorgon's - "I was sooo close!!!" - that he refuses to enter it.

Hmm... interesting possibilities.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL, the ghost of Hamlet's father comes to mind when I read that Morg, but instead that of Michael forever bound to the land where he grounded his bloodline. Would be fun to ask him some questions as a PC.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmmm.....maybe he can help unite the empire through some riddle or guidance?
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All great possibilities but it shouldn't work for everyone. Evil characters should not feel comfortable there. Non-blooded wouldn't get any answers. Only blooded characters who have done something to further unite the kingdom should have the ability to get answers to questions.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course,

Michael calls out to the scion/regent from afar. They eventually meet and Michael tells him the "stuff" and that he cannot rest until Anuire is once again united. So the next emperor will unite the empire and give poor Michael's spirit peace.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the whole plotline you guys are proposing. In fact, I did the same type thing just in a 'portable' version. Instead of grounding the bloodline in the earth as history records. Michael grounded it in the hilt half of his sword which was on the ground near him. The sword was taken by Gylvain when he rescued Aedan... and buried with Michael. He now haunts his own tomb. The tomb was lost years ago during a great flood and earthquake. Most assumed that it was swallowed by the earth in the earth quake. In actuallity it shifted some...But following the flooding and the earth quake the river Maesil changed course slightly. The tomb now lies at the bottom of the river. The uper chambers are flooded, but the lower chambers are still sealed...

Just a preview of an adventure I ran once...
    That half was easy to recover. The difficult part was getting the upper blade portion... its still in the Gorgon''s Crown. :)
    In the meantime, the weilder of the hilt half would occassionally have 'visions' of Michael. When the sword was reunited he would be freed.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wowza, this is good stuff!!

I really like the idea that Roeles spirit is 'trapped' in the depths of the Stonecrowns. Not only would the PCs need to be 'worthy' of his audience, I think the trial of getting to the location would further serve to limit it's accessability/campaign effects, and lend substantial credabiltiy to the concpet that those who reach the oracle are considered worhty of his audience. (You just know that the Gorgon would have the region fenced off, surrounded, mine fielded and otherwise well defended - not only to keep folks out, but to keep Roele from escaping even!) :)

Perhaps someone (???) ought to draft up a sort of 'Players Guide' for this "Oracle of ANuire"?? I could certainly do it (and still might for my campaign) though spare time is certainly a challenge.

This also raises the idea that perhaps a new forum ought ot be created in which people post a snippet of an idea, and others compound on it until a plausible plot line is created. (Just like in the above thread's fashion.) This is similar to a common lesson in English/Creative Writing classes that I'e taken in the past. Sort of a collective brainstorming.

Prepare fiends!! The Oracle of Empire has been born!
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't see why the Royal Library couldn't be the place to hash these plotlines out.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lawgiver
    I agree with the whole plotline you guys are proposing. In fact, I did the same type thing just in a 'portable' version. Instead of grounding the bloodline in the earth as history records. Michael grounded it in the hilt half of his sword which was on the ground near him. The sword was taken by Gylvain when he rescued Aedan... and buried with Michael. He now haunts his own tomb. The tomb was lost years ago during a great flood and earthquake. Most assumed that it was swallowed by the earth in the earth quake. In actuallity it shifted some...But following the flooding and the earth quake the river Maesil changed course slightly. The tomb now lies at the bottom of the river. The uper chambers are flooded, but the lower chambers are still sealed...

Just a preview of an adventure I ran once...
    That half was easy to recover. The difficult part was getting the upper blade portion... its still in the Gorgon''s Crown. :)
    In the meantime, the weilder of the hilt half would occassionally have 'visions' of Michael. When the sword was reunited he would be freed.
    Do you still have the paperwork and the maps you used for that game? I'd really be curious to land my hands on this one, I'd probably consider running it for my own game :)
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Thread Information