Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks to all who take the time to read the newbie post. I recently found a copy of Birthright, the Gorgon's Alliance and have been trying to play it. Unfortunately it did not come with an instruction book and the tutorial was pretty weak. Does anyone know where I can find instructions for how to play, it seems like it would be a pretty good game (even though the graphics leave something to be desired).

I should also say that I don't know much about the AD&D version of Birthright. Sooo, I don't know how the bloodlines, holdings etc. work... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance for several years now, and it gets my vote for the best game of all time. Anyway, if you start at basic, and work you way up, it gets very easy to learn, but tough to master.

For example, I started with Talinie. I traded low-level temples for law holdings in boeurine, and took over the Five Peaks. And before long, I played as Tuarhievel on Expert with Hard battles and Hard adventures, conquered Markazor by the 4 turn, and took on an army made mostly of skeletons(the toughest unit in the game) that was 7 times my size (7 lists of troops vs. my one list).
    But I digress.

If you need more help, e-mail me a pbrem@hotmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rapier wrote:

>This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.
    > You can view the entire thread at: http://www.birthright.net/read.php?TID=1357
    >
    > Rapier wrote:
    > Thanks to all who take the time to read the newbie post. I recently found a copy of Birthright, the Gorgon`s Alliance and have been trying to play it. Unfortunately it did not come with an instruction book and the tutorial was pretty weak. Does anyone know where I can find instructions for how to play, it seems like it would be a pretty good game (even though the graphics leave something to be desired).
    >
    >I should also say that I don`t know much about the AD&D version of Birthright. Sooo, I don`t know how the bloodlines, holdings etc. work... any help would be appreciated.
    >Thanks for your time!
    >
    The game had an EXTENSIVE help file. Just press F1 ;-)
    bye
    Michael Romes

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Talinie might be the easiest country to start with, just start the game as basic and start conquering.

> I should also say that I don`t know much about the AD&D version of Birthright. Sooo, I don`t know how the bloodlines, holdings etc. work... any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

Relative newbe myself. Bloodlines is fairly easy - those are just extra powers based on your decendency from the heroes at the battle royal of the gods! Those powers as a general rule are not based on your level but rather on the directness of your parantage and the dilution your line has had in the intervening centuries.

Holdings are trickier? Have you downloaded the new Netbook? It has a wonderful description that far exceeds what I can do here. I did stumble over the numbering system which was not spelled out anywhere but the core book. Holdings look like this 3/5 where the first number [3] is the level of the province (population, infrastructure and other factors) and the second number [5] is the measure of magical potential within a province. The second number is useful only to mages, while the first determines how high the law, guild, & temple holdings can be.

HTH

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    Hello, I guess I gotta have a sig.

Thread Information