Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am currently playing an elven sorcerer/fighter (3/1) in a BR campaign my DM has begun. During the character creation we had a discussion about the prestige classes that are allowed in a BR campaign. For example I argued that a bladesinger should be allowed in the campaign (or at least something similar to it), but he said that he cannot allow it, as he has not found related material in novels or official BR products. Of course the decision was up to him, but I found it difficult to suggest a prestige class that would be perfectly fitted to this world. Am I wrong to assume that Birthright is not exactly the most suited world for prestige classes? Which prestige classes do you think are most suited for BR?
    Gods never die, but they are always born...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well if your DM is only going to allow Prestige Classes that he can find a link to in BR material,there is going to be a short list indeed.I can only think of two off the top of my head,the Assassin and the Warmaster(I think that is what it is called,in the Sword&Fist).I just thought of Weapon Master too.

I think that by doing a few modifications most Prestige Classes can be used in a BR setting.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally think any prestige class can be made to fit any realm. The problem is that the DM decides what should and shouldn't happen in his world. I don't agree with your DM's basis for the decision but he has that right.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have already met an assassin in the campaign, but he was more helpful, that I expected (I used to play a barbasian at the beginning of the session). My DM has also created a new prestige class, based in the Shadowworld, the Shadow Walker. It has most of the abilities of the Shadowdancer, but it has many differences too. I totally agree with Swordwraith that with a few modifications (historical backgrounds and BR specific references) most of the prestige classes can be used in a BR campaign setting

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am busy on an elf Prestige Class called The Shandokan. It's a milder form of the manslayer and specializes (sp??) in archery and stealth.

They belong to a elf cult known as The Shandokan Leaf, who wants to destroy as much humans as they can but at the foundation of human civilization not in the forests. When I am done translating it, I will post it here

~dmferry

Downloads
    Uploads
    ... decides to kill PCyric :) Just kidding of course!
    I must say I would like to read more opinions on this matter. Sadly, it seems that 3ed BR is not a hot topic in the boards.
    I have read your posts with interest and decided to created a modified bladesinger for my campaign. Though I must warn PCyric that it will contain a few surprises ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Stradh, I would like to see your conversion on the Bladesinger prestige class. My DM has finally decided to accept this prestige class with a few modifications of his own.
    Regarding the lack of interest in the 3rd edition BR, I believe that the guys who just don't want to hear about it have a point, as the WotC promoted the BR poorly.
    I am thinking of writing a pdf file with my thoughts on the BR prestige classes, and posting it in this site.;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Birthright is a fond memory for many of my friends and me. It was the first serious campaign that I ever ran. I did a terrible job with it, as I didn't have the first idea what the hell I was doing, but we still had a lot of fun. One of these days (and I've been saying this for years ;) ) I'll run another BR campaign, now that I have learned a little about decent DMing. Sigh. I always wished that Birthright had gotten a better launch. It really is one of the most interesting settings. But then, I guess you wouldn't be reading this if you didn't already agree with me. ;)

Shieldhaven

Downloads
    Uploads
    Everytime i played in the past i played FR but with my new group we play in BR and i enjoy it alot more. I like it because in other campaigns you pray to a god but in cerilia the few gods that do come to the earth is alot better. It is fun to have to do little favors for the goddess of the night. But on the prestige classes. They can be used anywhere. It is up to the dm to let you use sertain ones from certain areas. You have to use common sense and you have to make sure the dm is being fair and dont forget but you as players do have to check the dm to make sure he is not being to unfair.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviouslly you can play Birthright anyway you want to, but Birthright was clearly meant to be a low magic, low powered world. Prestige classs as written in books are very powerful. I have yet to see one, though I haven't looked to much, that I can easily be a prestige class.

The paladin to me is a prestige class. Certainly there are a lot of Birthrighty prestige class ideas, the most common mentioned being some sort of Shadow Wizard.

Since I DM a lot I might eventually dabble around with an assassin or some sort of knight prestige class. I would tone the power level down. PCyric, if you'd like to play a prestige idea take one you like, tone it down to be on par with the revised ranger or paladin and then show it to your DM. If nothing else you've done some work someone in the Birthright world will appreciate.

Thread Information