Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a problem with the whole control issue.If you can control your MR,shouldn't you also be aware that a harmful or beneficial spell is being cast?If you can control it,can you be caught by surprise?How do you know if it is a beneficial spell.

To me it just brings up more questions.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reigan: I agree completely. Either say its offensive spells only or make it work on both. I vote both!
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    YEAH!!!! Me too!!!!!!:)
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if you have magic resistance that you would feel the nature of the spell being used on you. I do think that you can let your guard down and allow the good spells to help you. And yes I definately think you can be caught by surprise. If you don't know that the spell is being cast and you are in the middle of battle and you start to feel a spell of any nature I think you would automatically resist it. The only way you would probably let your guard down is if you knew in advance that the spell is coming. One drawback however is if your opponent cast an offensive spell at the same time, you would not be able to resist it while your guard is down.

If none of this makes sense, I vote it works on both although I haven't yet played that way!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    The way we play is that you have announce when it is on and off. We have allowed it to be on and off for buddy spells but when traveling or anything like that in the morning before we move out the dm asks what is going to be cast in advance for the day or time peiods. But the reason we do it that way is because we use the spell point system.i did not like it for a while but it is alot more benefitial in a random combat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brownie, what is this spell point system you speak of? I don't think I am familiar with it.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spell points is instead of picking specific spells you look at how many spell you can use of a certain level. Such as if you can cast 5 1st level spells then that is 5 spell points. and so on. It is easier to use when using the feats suck as maximize and other metamagic feats.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does that mean you can cast any spell you want from those levels or just ones in the spell book or do you memorize like normal? How does it work?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can only cast the spells you know. IT is the same. You still have to study and can only cast the spells that you know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    we've always ruled that it works against all magic. Hench the name...

Thread Information