Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a note, I believe there is the possibility to have more then one source in a province in special circumstances, sometimes their is a stand alone source, i.e a very ancient tree, a hidden source in a mountain cave that was lived in by a god, etc...
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by morgramen
    Also, I have been trying (since I first started playing Birthright) to come up with some sort of 'subregency system for playing a domain game that is actually below the standard game that most people play. Take for example the magician PC I mentioned in an earlier post. He is a landed noble in Edlin province. Now, if I want to play a 'domain' game with him at this 'municiple' level, how would I go about it?
    I'd recommend you use the rule Solmyr implemented in his Enothril campaign. Essentially, the concept of province rulership was removed and the province is simply ruled by the law holders. Taxation is according to the law holdings levels too, so a law(1) in a province(4) would get the taxation for a province(1). See the drift? This allows to 'split' up a province between two rulers, or a ruler and his vassals, the minor nobility. Of course, the regency from the law should be double standard; 2 RP per level for warrior, 1 RP per level for others.

Is that any help Morg?
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny the possibility of there being more than one source in a province?
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is only 1 source in a province, but there is more than one source manifestation(usuallly), hence the many possible levels of that source. Different mages can control different manifestations, but you have to control them all to control the whole source.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Shaene
    Just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny the possibility of there being more than one source in a province?
    I'm all for allowing multiple sources within a certain domains. However, I would prefer to do it on a case by case basis rather than develop a generic rule (my own personal flavor). In some cases an ancient tree or cave or valley or pure river may offer a source of power. But a province of nothing but forest is a bit difficult to classify. Does one wizard own 33% of the forest and the other control 66%? At what point is the border of the mebhaighl defined? Concentrations in certain areas can be defined, but without clear borders or clustering it becomes a bit more difficult.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say the same forest doesn't have multiple sources in it however the forest that has an ancient river bed going through it may have one source as the forest and the other the river bed. Thus Lawgiver's problem would be eliminated.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Thread Information