Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The IRON THRONE

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is not in the novels and from the sources that I have read it is not magical. The only thing I haven't read yet is the bloodspawn book.

Lawgiver,

The Emperor can sit on the throne with his armor that should be all he needs if he is worthy of being emperor at all. Heh... a final test to become emperor, how long can he sit upon the throne.

I envision the Iron Throne as a solid black throne shaped on a huge iron block. Pretty nonchalant and bland really. The power it truly has is over the people of Anuire, nothing more.

There may have been a web source that made something up for it however and any new ideas that come from this I would like to hear.

Chamberlain,

Just because my sense of humor does not mix with your mood or reason for reading this forum does not mean I meant to anger you in any way. It does not give you good grace to label us Americans in such a demeaning way.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chamberlain,

Forgive my rotting friend for his inability to apologize without giving a returning blow.

What he is trying to say is...We meant no offense. We were merely attempting to lighten the mood.

If you have ever encountered some description of the Iron Throne as something other than symbolic it must have been ona website or other source. I don't think its documented anywhere in the offical BR stuff.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think ive enough leads to follow, thanks for your input. As for lawgiver and friend, no problem guys, and no offence intended to our cousins across the pond (usa).....sadly its a common fact, that on most forums to get one straight answer you have to wade through post upon post of "Fun replies". It just gets abit boring at times.

As for the throne, I fully understand the thrones symbolism and what it stands for.....as my own nation swears to die for a bloody Crown! ....but i was hoping that somewhere in the archives, that it may be more than just a cast iron throne. Its just hard to believe that an item of such Imperial & cultural importance is nothing more than a chair (materially). Surely at the time of casting the Anuire was emerging as a real power in Cerilia and with that in mind like the Romans, anything made of importance was a statement of that power! inbued with Divine blessings and hence making this throne more than just a chair........

what do you think.....?
    The Anuirean Empire will rise again........

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by TheChamberlain
    ...as my own nation swears to die for a bloody Crown!
    I doubt they died for the chair. Its the power and influence of the position. The physical throne itself had nothing to do with.

My attempt:
    The Iron Throne
    -Grants the user 1 extra domain action per Domain turn
    -Increases the character's leadership attribute (subscore of Charisma) by 2
    -grants the user a +2 success modifier to Agitate, Contest, Create Holding, Diplomacy, Investiture domain actions.
    -grants the user a +4 success modifier to Decree and Rule domain actions
    -The regent is granted an extra set of bodyguards. Reroll for a second set on Table 4; page 10 of the rulebook.

Opinions?
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They seem reasonable........for a Duchy, Baroney or Kingdom.....but an Empire! umm im not sure.

Hopfully the user by then should have by fair means or foul gained the title of Emperor, no mean feat i hope you agree. Thus qualifying them to use such an item of imperial power.

And what of safe guards, to stop it falling into the wrong hands eg our bovine friend in the east or anyother usurper.

oh and thanks lawgiver, for your thoughts on this......much appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason I didn't give it more godlike powers (as you seem to be begging for...) is realism. Additionally, the emporer will most likely have other artificats, relics, magical items, etc. to aid him in his rule. Besides how much power can something you sit on do for you. Despite the glorified tales of history emperors, tzars, kings, etc. do not rule alone. They have a key network of advisors and lts. that help them. The Iron Throne is not the throne of God. And even if it were the throne of God... it would be God (the person on the throne) with the power not the 'chair'.

Safeguards... I'm assuming you mean something similar to the Thorn Throne of Tuarheivel. How about a 12d6 lightnening bolt everytime you sit in it or the throne sucks your entire bloodline if you have not been recognized by the Chamberlain.
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    No no lawgiver.....begging for godlike powers....im just exploring ideas and as for realism, ive been running a BR campaign for 5 years based on realism, magic in my game is a thing of mystery and is rarely seen. My game revolves around intrigue and politics and the interplay of nations, in fact none of my PC's are MU's. Magic is a thing of power, unattainable to most, yes their are those who can perform parlour tricks but real magic is reserved for a few key NPC's.

My PC's have blood abilities and have access to magical items but before starting the campaign it was decided that magic should play a role in the game but not overwhelm it. I suppose by playing this way my PC's have grown into respecting magic (if not fearing it) which i think is healthy, dont you?

My questions about the throne, were just fishing for ideas......as i know at least three of my players are striving for a United Anuire (at the obvious cost of others). Apart from the normal dangers of power, i wanted to explore the theory of "Power at a Price" for whoever, if ever, succeeds......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chamberlain, I applaud you for your stance on magic in your campaign. To me that is the way the game should be played. I have only had one player with a MU PC in 5-6 years and he lasted 3 months before wanting to switch (not because of me...;)).

Magical items other than swords and armor are all but unheard of in my campaign. However, I do play with versions of the relics that were presented in the Birthright PC game. There was a list of them on the old website. I've carried them over and added them with the Writer's guild if you want to check them out. I don't play 100% by Sepis' conversion, but its a good starting point.
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arrrh a kindred spirit, many of my GM friends frown upon my ideas......

But lawgiver.......we know!!!

(lets face it, 5+ year campaigns.....we're doing something right)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a question. Was the Iron Throne an actual object or was it just the idea "an iron throne" due to the type of monarchy that ruled?
    Abbess Allessandra
    from the United Provinces of Haelyn
    "On your knees...to pray!"

Thread Information