Thread: Sword and Crown

Downloads
    Uploads
    Without having to hunt down some out of print book, can someone give me a synopsis of what the Sword and Crown is. I know it's an annual/biannual? convetion of leaders but what else??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Basically its an event held every five year not one year (correct me if I'm wrong). It is held at a different domain each year (based on a previously determined order). All of the regents call a temporary peace and put aside their differences to come and chat and make allies, enemies, etc. Basically its a huge session of intrigue where nothing ever goes normal.

The Sword and Crown adventure set plot goes basically like this if I remember right (I've since sold the adventure...). The regents all meet at the PCs realm. Various regents, particularly Boeruine and Avan offer gifts to the PC to suck up and show off (it helps the PCs cover the huge amount of GBs they have to spend to hold the event). Avan's daughter is kidnapped by troops wearing Beoruine tabards (an obvious ruse). However, during the kidnapping elves kill both sets of troops and take the girl. Boeruine is still blamed. The chick is taken to Rhoubhes' castle and held for ransom to sucker PCs or other regents for Rhoubhe to kill. Avan's daughter is actually in league with Rhoubhe. Beoruine is put on trial unless the PCs recuse the daughter and make everything cheery agian. It provides a means for the PC to side with BR or AV or offend both, but unlikely to appease both. BR is happy the PCs help help him, but Avan wants justice and avoid embarassment by revealing that his daughter is in with Rhoubhe. Straighten me out if I missed stuff guys.. its been at least 3-4 years since I played this.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lawgiver
    The Sword and Crown adventure set plot goes basically like this if I remember right (I've since sold the adventure...). The regents all meet at the PCs realm. Various regents, particularly Boeruine and Avan offer gifts to the PC to suck up and show off (it helps the PCs cover the huge amount of GBs they have to spend to hold the event). Avan's daughter is kidnapped by troops wearing Beoruine tabards (an obvious ruse). However, during the kidnapping elves kill both sets of troops and take the girl. Boeruine is still blamed. The chick is taken to Rhoubhes' castle and held for ransom to sucker PCs or other regents for Rhoubhe to kill. Avan's daughter is actually in league with Rhoubhe. Beoruine is put on trial unless the PCs recuse the daughter and make everything cheery agian. It provides a means for the PC to side with BR or AV or offend both, but unlikely to appease both. BR is happy the PCs help help him, but Avan wants justice and avoid embarassment by revealing that his daughter is in with Rhoubhe. Straighten me out if I missed stuff guys.. its been at least 3-4 years since I played this.
    Yep, thankfully this kind of stuff doesn't happen every Sword & Crown! I think Aubrae and Rhuobhe both are given strange roles in this adventure, but nonetheless except a few details, its perhaps the most balanced br adventure I've seen yet.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone hashed out a tmeline of the S&C's? Which is the 'official' number coming up? I had calculated this out for inclusion into the Ghoere Sourcebook I wrote but never actually drew up anything on it other than this.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by morgramen

Has anyone hashed out a tmeline of the S&C's? Which is the 'official' number coming up?
    I vote for the first S&C to take place in 556 MR... five years after the death of Michael Roele. The first meeting having ended in disaster (two regents, Coeranys and Talinie, were killed in a riotous brawl), all other meeting of the sort were held off indefinately... the second meeting was held in 566, merely a coincidence of being 5 years later, but since the first was 5 years since the death of the emperor and the second was 5 years after the first a descision was made to hold the S&Cs 5 years apart to maintain the tradition.

Since all campaigns are at different points in time, you'll have to do your own math...
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Thread Information