Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IF the Raven and the Gorgon were 'forced' into a gladitorial arena to fight to the death. (Assuming that each got full access to their weapons and armor of choice) Who would win?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My personal opinion is that the Raven would win hands down. His combo of fighting and magic would elevate him to victory. I know that the Gorgon has a 90% magic resistence, but there are spells that would not require getting around the Gorgon's resistence. A sneaky wizard will target spells on weapons and armor. You may not be able to cast dispel magic on the Gorgon... but to me his weapon is a different story. The resistence is his physical body... i.e. resistence to a fire ball. His weapons would be free game!
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you are forgetting the fact that the Gorgon is not only a high-level fighter,but also a 16th lvl Wizard as well.I am unsure of the Raven's abilities and I don't have my Awnsheleign book close at hand,but I don't think there are too many people in any world who could take the Gorgon on in a fight.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 16th level Wizard thing is debatable. He's only a 25th level fighter in my campaign...I was think that somewhere there were conflicting listings of his character class and abilities. Unfortunately, like a fool I sold my Blood Enemies book -- for $5 (SLAPS forehead again thinking about it).

If you leave Gorgon as a 16th level wizard he'd most likley win. But, I am still partial to the Raven...
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lest we forget even without the Gorgon being a 16th level wizard he is still specialized in just about every weapon not to mention his magic resistance to counter any spells they may cast at him. I vote for the Gorgon, however I don't know how to get my vote on these polls.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey everyone, notice he doesn't match the Gorgon up with the Magian? That is because it would take all the regents in Cerilia to even come close to defeating the Magian. He is in a league of his own. "Its my party and I can cry if I want to."
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Easy there my dead friend... Pride cometh before a fall. I have little doubt that you would be able to best the Gorgon in a battle of wits and intrigue. But I think you would be in a world of hurt should you step into the ring with ole Stoney (esp. if you give him the level 16 as wizard). Though would the touch of decay/death work on the Gorgon...
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    In 2nd Ed the Gorgon was a 25/16 Fighter/Wizard. By the conversion rules that still makes him a 30th level character. How you choose to split those are up to you. You found someone willing to pay $5 for Blood Enemies? He thief you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Gorgon. He's the better fighter, the better wizard, and has access to many more magic items. Spell resistance would work for his items as well. :P
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Raven is the Son of Azrai! The Gorgon, the Magian and others are mere pawns in his game, none can oppose the Raven! :P
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Thread Information