Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just one step down from godhood, the Gorgon has immense powers at his disposal. It beggers belief that one of these powers is not the ability to use magic. If you can believe that Rhuobhe is a F16/W16, why can't Raesene be a F25/W16, after all was not Raesene the favoured of Azrai and did he not receive a large share of the god's essense at Deismaar.

Also, I do not believe that Raesene would allow another wizard to exist inside his realm and control holdings. The Gorgon does not trust anyone enough to allow them to take that much power within his own domain, so then the holdings must be his. As the Book of Magecraft states that only a blooded wizard can create holdings, the Raesene must have created them, then he must be a wizard.

(Actually, the BoM says that any regent can control source holdings, just not create or use them unless they are a wizard, so the Gorgon could have got a blooded wizard to create the holdings for him and he now allows loyal wizards to temporaily use the holdings for spells, but why let the fact get in the way of a good argument.)

As for Rhuobhe, he's a purple-skinned weakling and he would have his butt whipped by Raesene if they even came face to face. I suspect that some serious bloodtheft would occur if that even came to pass.

On a side note, for my adurian expansion, I'm working on a legend that states that if ever enough of Azrai's essence was combined within one being, then the dark god could be reborn.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

I don't doubt the Gorgon's power at all. He is the odds on favorite, never underestimate Rhoubhe though. Remember he is cunning. I would say depends on the circumstance who would win.

To be honest...I think :P Micheal Roele is the coolest. I love the Gorgon though...and Rhoubhe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I treat Raesene as a F/M in my campaign, but since no common spell list has ever been printed for him and I havn't read anything about him using normal arcane magic, he doesn't.

Fun with the realm spells though, =)

See -Wierech- from 'Havens of the Great Bay'

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would imagine any spell that the Gorgon wants to know,he probably has access to.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gorgon all the way. Keep in mind that the original question specifed a straight on arena death-match (No devious elf tricks gonna save you this time!:P ) . As for the gorgon being a magic user, I think it's in complete keeping with his role as the penultimate scion of azrai to be a master of the dark arts.
    In short, he is the ultimate baddie, you just should not be able to kill him in a straight fight, regardless of level or blood ability. The same could be said about Rhoubhe, but since one has to go.....
    "I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a serving man untill the lightning falls!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rhuobhe ambushes the Gorgon, fails to do any serious damage. The Gorgon kills the Elf in two rounds. Elminster attacks the Gorgon, killing him instantly with his multi-barreled-wand-of-megadeath-available-only-to-the thrice-cursed-Chosen-of-Mystra. Azrai appears after a 1500 year nap, anihilates Elminster. Halfling crowd applauds :P
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Black Prince wins, but not by much, since most of their damage will be done with spells, not hand-to-hand combat. And 9 more levels of fighter means only 27 more hp at those levels. The Black Prince makes Rhoube give him a manicure after he wins.
    Independence breeds chaos,
    Submit and be strong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think there is much luck involved, whether the Gorgon wins or Rhoubhe. May be the Gorgon is a little bit better, but he must fear Rhoubhes spells. With the greatest luck of all they will kill each other and we have two solved problems. :P
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Thread Information