Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IF Rhuobhe and the Gorgon were 'forced' into a gladitorial arena to fight to the death. (Assuming that each got full access to their weapons and armor of choice) Who would win?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgive the error in the spelling of Rhuobhe in the poll.
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot that most people play the Gorgon as a F25/W16. He's a plain fighter in my campaign. With his wizard abilities Rhoubhe would just have to get off some SERIOUSLY high or lucky rolls to beat the Gorgon.
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    I figured I'd just add a post since this thread is dead... Plus I get to have my pic show up 4 times in a row!
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey I'll jump in!

I say Rhoube, because I always take the underdog!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Sellenus
    I say Rhoube, because I always take the underdog!
    Atta boy! A man after my own heart!
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still for the life of me cannot understand why you don't beleive the Gorgon can be a 16th level wizard.He has been around for centuries,which would of given him the time to research spells so they would no longer need somatic components.He has the resources to pay for the research.So other than it makes him a bad-ass SOB,what is the problem??He is BR's Elminster or Iuz or St. Cuthbert.He is THE ultimate bad-arse.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Riegan Swordwraith
    I still for the life of me cannot understand why you don't beleive the Gorgon can be a 16th level wizard.He has been around for centuries,which would of given him the time to research spells so they would no longer need somatic components.He has the resources to pay for the research.So other than it makes him a bad-arse SOB,what is the problem??He is BR's Elminster or Iuz or St. Cuthbert.He is THE ultimate bad-arse.
    I'm sure he would have sufficient time for such activities, but I just felt that keeping him a 25 th level fighter already made him powerful enough. There is no point in overkill by giving him unmatchable magic skills as well. I doubt my PCs will ever attempt it (at least not anytime soon), but I'd like them to have a fighting )or dying...) chance to beat him.

If you really want to get into the development of the Gorgon's power over time thing the Gorgon ought to have a blood score of well over a 1,000. Even killing one blooded scion a year and receiving only 1 blood point would far exceed this number... (though you must remember he has a tighmaevril weapon which would make this a far higher number..) Its all in how powerful you want him to be.

p.s. while it may be blasphemy, I don't like Elminister... I hate super-human unbeatable people... The sheer madness of the rules developed solely for Elminister make me sick to my stomach. :P
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lawgiver,I am with ya on the Elminster thing.Quite frankly Forgotten Realms is my least favorite D&D setting.I mean try throwing a rock and NOT hit a 15+lvl wizard.It is ridiculous.

I can see your point there Law,but why not drop his fighter levels some??As to his development over time,I have no freakin' clue.I cannot even think of a theory as to why it wouldn't be higher.

Someday we may know.......
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say Rhoubbhe couldn't beat the Gorgon in a straight up fight, but he could take him down in a nasty ambush / evil plot (16F/16M is nothing to laugh at) with his devious Elf intellect. Gorgon is superior on paper, and has an edge, but that doesn't mean he will always win...

As for Elminster...I still haunt the Wizards Boards under my name Micheal_Roele slamming him and all the uber-idiots of the Realms at every opportunity I get...:P
    http://www.crystaniana.com
    The Empire Will Never Fall!!!

Thread Information