Thread: Progress Report

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe the last thing I read said the 3E conversion would be out in January. I know it is still early but can we get a progress report as to if things are on tract, how soon we may see a version (wont call a final version till it is ), maybe what is still to be worked on if it isnt soon to come out. I know you guys working on it are problably sick of these types of post but as an American I have been brought up to be impatient:) but seriosly I think most fans would just like an announcement and to be kept up to speed on how things are progressing or maybe that is just me wanting to be knowledgeable.
    Massa P

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is pretty close to being on track. We've got 2 Chapters remaining to put together and then we would like to give it a good scrub to check for internal inconsistencies, etc. before we put it out. We think that it would be good to eliminate as many of the typos, editorials, etc. as possible before the "real work" begins. In my past experience people are drawn to typos and editorials to the point that they are distracted from reading and trying to comprehend the "meat". My personal estimate is a week to get the last 2 together and then another 2 or 3 weeks for the scrub - several of the group have some pressing "real world" responsibilities towards the end of January that will make demands on time available. I would guess that it should be out no later than the 2nd week of February or so. Considering the hard and fast publishing schedules of most of the gaming industry that looks to be pretty decent schedule compliance.

Like I said before, my Chapter (Chapter 8) will probably be the last one to get inserted. Did you notice that for a low magic campaign that there sure are a lot of campaign specific magic items that need to be addressed, these are only the ones in the "official" published material and I'm not even trying to address those "personal" items listed under the individual NPCs.:)
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I can live with that answer for now, I dont want to but I will:) One good thing though at least you should have a draft done before 3E-1 comes out this summer so any new rules changes can be addressed prior to putting this project out as a final version, which in my opinion can never be done since there are so many things that can change, be added, and reworked for such a grand world. Cant wait to hack at this one:) Ok then starting to ramble to early for this.
    Massa P

Downloads
    Uploads
    So what is the progess of the d20 stuff. Also, is this going to a printed work or is it just going to be found over the internet? Let us know what the situation is? I am really curious!

Thanks for bringing this back!
    -Bren

Downloads
    Uploads
    Comming to pdf very soon as we have been told. It will be about 300 pages and will be downloadable only. As the members of the creation team have stated this is a semi formal draft, that they want input on to see what may need changing or added or just clarified. Right now they are looking for servers to host the file, we should see something very soon hopefully.
    Massa P

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, a progress report.

1. A final draft version (i.e. the one we will be releasing to the community for discussion and comment) is now complete and is just being formatted and should be available by this weekend (i.e the 8/9 of Feb). We will let you know if this date changes for any reason.

2. As the official Birthright fan site, Birthright.net has permission to publish new Birthright material, but only if the material is made available as a free download from Birthright.net (i.e cannot be sold or printed for profit). That means that the d20 Birthright Rulebook will only be available as a free downloadable pdf file. However, it will be formatted for printing, so you can print it yourself if you wish (I've personally printed out the first 10 pages and even on my cheap printer the quality is quite good).

3. The d20 Birthright Rulebook focuses primarily of the Birthright rules (including material from the Book of Magecraft, Book of Priestcraft, and Book of Regency) and is designed to provide a set of rules from which to develop new material. It contains little information on the setting (the realms, NPCs, prestige classes etc), that material will be available in the d20 Atlas of Cerilia, a project that will begin soon.

4. The downloadable document will be approximately 5 meg in size and 200+ pages long, depending on the space taken up by images and formatting.

I hope that answers your questions, if not ask away (although no rules questions yet please, leave them until after the book has been released).
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of comments have been made in regards to the January release. When is the next release of the BRCS due?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by mhelles

A lot of comments have been made in regards to the January release. When is the next release of the BRCS due?
    Mark_Aurel is putting out some errata and "minor" changes soon.

Other things are still in the discussion stage. I've started some polls on Chapter 2 to see where the consensus lies. I also posted several options for determining blood score (based on the results of previous polls) but haven't seen any feedback on these proposals yet and I hate to go into another poll to decide which way to proceed withut any discussion first.

Doom has been on hiatis recently but is coming back soon so the editorial staff should be reinforced such that some forward progress can be made.

It is important to determine what the consensus is on certain topics before making any substantial changes.

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, but I no longer can "see" which topics have posts that I haven't read so I have to poke around to get there.:)
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information