Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is your favorite Birthright realm (available to PCs) in Anuire? and why?

What is your favorite NPC controlled realm? and why?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The United Provinces of Haelyn formerly known as Roesone, Oseorde, Ilien and Medoere is my favorite realm. Why? Well since I am the High Councilor of this realm, isn't it obvious!

As far as some other realm not run by me...I would have to say Aerenwe because that Queen woman really has her act together and there really is no way I want war with the elves!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Mike Cod
    If anyone read my posts On the 2nd Ed. Races column they'll know my answer.

Favorite PC realm?
    Sielwode is my favorite Realm. Sidhelien and powerful wizards.

Favorite NPC realm?
    Need I say it? The manslayers realm.
    ;)

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Roesone man. It's all about Roesone. In fact, the entire Birthright system is just a backdrop for, and was totally designed around, Roesone.

Marlae is just too cool. Sedrie Bellamie is just too cool. The Tarkal Deeps... too cool. It is a realm that is both wild and untamed, yet civilized at the same time. It's the wild west of Cerilia. Just the right amount of PC power for my taste too. Enough to get the job done, but ifyou aren't careful, then you're belly up in poverty within 2 domain turns! It is a challenge but not an impossible one.

As for NPC realms, I'd have to say it's Osoerde, under Raenehc's regime. This guy is just too nasty and his cahhonies are made of solid iron! The presence of the Vos temples in the heart of old Anuire is just too good an opportunity to shake things up, and keep the good guys on their toes. Raenech is so nasty, there is almost no limit to what a DM can do with him.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Sword Mage, because he is going to take over Ghoere soon.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pc realm: Well I control only Medoere, which I think is a terrific land. But I like Tournen too. In the Rjurik highlands I like the most Halskapa. But I will not probably control it. Búhú....
    But the land which most have suprised me and must be in my favorite list is Binsada in Khinasi. Great story and great charachters in this land.

NPC lands: The manslayer land, Rhouanoch? And Rjuvik in Rjurik highlands. Love Fulgar the bold! Great charachter!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aerenwe.....Look at my name for cripe's sake!!!;)

NPC I have to go with Ghoere..just because that is who I have had the most experience with.

On a side note..There used to be a Players Secrets to Arenwe on this site,but I cannot seem to find it now.Does it still exist???And if so where??Thank you Very much.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have always been partial to cold and dreary Talinie. If one can avoid Aeric Beooruine, its a prime location to build strength without too much interference. Having only 3 neighbors it is easier to defend. The economy is fairly descent and is easy to turn into a thriving market. For some reason, most people over look this realm. I even had someone say no to the realm in a PBeM, because quote, 'it is too far from the action'. BAH! Within a year the regent should be able to take two provinces from the FIve Peaks and 3 from Thurazor. That ought to be enough to turn more than a few heads northward.

As far as NPC realms, I have always thoroughly enjoyed playing Guilder's Kalien Endier. He has been known to stir the pot more than once. His vast resources and widespread influence makes him a key factor in my campaign. I prefer to play Kalien sort of like Jarlakel (sp?) from the R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf trilogy (anyd subsequent books). I generally gt him involved fairly early by having hm show up to meet key PCs offering them a loan of 20GB payable over 3 years. His only conditions are 5GB in interest (25%!!! which doesn't phase the PCs...) and rights to establish guild holdings within the regents borders (he leaves it vague unless the PCs press him). Nearly everyone of them bites almost without question (SUCKERS!!! hehe...). Its just a fun realm to have in the mix.

As far as the player's secrets of Aerenwe. I don't think that one has been converted yet (though I don't remember it ever exists...). The old site is still running if you want to hunt for it though: http://www.birthright.net/old. The PS that have been are under the Royal Library General Info. If you can tell me where the PS of Aerenwe is located on the old site I'll add it to this one.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The drow merc name is Jarlaxle! Great charachter but a little to predictable

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always been partial to Endier or Brosengae, but since joining Morg's Pbem I've come to see some of the nonlanded regents like the WIT, MOC and HA as being pretty cool.

Thread Information