PDA

View Full Version : Unnoticable BRnet changes

Arjan
10-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Well you probably wont have noticed it but i made some changes to BRnet.
Due to some stupidity of me you wont be able to access the user made stuff for a while.

I have to re-write all the neccesary script.

([_]

Arjan

irdeggman
10-19-2002, 08:01 PM
You ar right Arjan, I barely noticed the changes ;)

I don't like the black background though - it makes things too hard on the eyes and will use up too much ink if I choose to print out a page.

Other than that it looks good, but I have to get used to the "new" navigation.

Raesene Andu
10-19-2002, 11:53 PM
Personally, I prefer the black background, and have never, ever, printed out a page off birthright.net (I just prefer to cut and paste any info I want to copy).

Arjan
10-20-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by irdeggman

......and will use up too much ink if I choose to print out a page.

thats why there is a "print this topic" button on top op every msg (which isnt fully working yet, but its there :) )

blitzmacher
10-20-2002, 12:38 AM
Love the new look, especially the artwork at the top.

Daelin Rekar
10-20-2002, 07:46 AM
Nice site indeed but a few links on the homepage don't work.

Ariadne
10-20-2002, 12:06 PM
Oh, I have noticed nearly nothing changed here ;) .

Not bad, a little bit confusing at first. Some links should be added ;) . Good thing, but if you change the forum, may be add some more smilies...

Elrostar
10-20-2002, 02:57 PM
What happened to all the information other than the forum? Or maybe I'm just being slow and unable to locate it all, which is entirely possible, given that my brain is not operating at maximum efficacy this morning :)

Elrostar

Arjan
10-20-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Elrostar

What happened to all the information other than the forum? Or maybe I'm just being slow and unable to locate it all, which is entirely possible, given that my brain is not operating at maximum efficacy this morning :)

Elrostar

As I said in my first msg of this post.
Due to my own stupidity you guys wont have access to all that for a while.
I made a little mistake, and have to write new scripts sothat you can view them again.
until that i am sorry

Arjan

Chioran
10-20-2002, 09:51 PM
I am currently unable to login under Netscape. I get a message that says Required Fields Missing. I have entered username and password. What fields am I missing? I am able to get in using IE (obviously), but I typically do not use IE. Is anyone experiemcing this problem or am I alone?

Eosin the Red
10-21-2002, 01:41 AM
It appears that not all of the messages are getting e-mailed. The forums
list several posts but I did not receive them?

PS - You are the king of jammin logo design. That splash/filler is
beautiful.

Eosin

The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

marcum uth mather
10-21-2002, 04:25 AM
Sorry to say it but I also don't like the black backround. I was a real fan of the old brown parchment feel. also the borders between posts sould be maor noticeable. But enough of my negativty, it realty has a nice new look and feel. Keep up the good work.([_]

Sir Justine
10-22-2002, 11:40 AM
I liked the brown parchment design, which was much better than the one before it (the one that had a shield with the links on it). But this design is also very nice; well, in general I link graphical changes...

Keep up the good work Arjan!

Sellenus
10-22-2002, 06:45 PM
I don't care for the white Quote boxes with gray words. It's a little hard to read. Other than that... looks great.

Arjan
10-22-2002, 06:49 PM
yeah they irritate me as well, i already tried to track them down in the source code, but couldnt find them yet.
will change that asap

Arjan
([_]

Dosiere
10-29-2002, 05:56 AM
I don't care what some peeps say. I like this new look. I was away for about six months, and was expecting to see the same old parchment and shiled design that I had grown so accustomed to. Instead I see totally awesome graphics, great web design, and tons of new members. The greatest plus of all is that the BRD20/BR3E project is still moving forward with apparent progress.

My hats off to all of you.

Gotta go, now. Arjan just cracked a whip telling me to start writing and introductory adventure. Ah...a man's work is never done.

Cheers!([_]

Lawgiver
10-29-2002, 07:30 PM
I'd like to see the Date Joined moved elsewhere and have the data posted back on the left had side. Its a bit to big of a change that has short circuited my little mind.

Adding the dates of the last posts to the Main thread menu (http://www.birthright.net/openbb.php) would be nice too.

irdeggman
10-30-2002, 12:21 AM
I find it difficult to move back through the discussion boards. Unless I go back to the previous thread I have to go all the way back to the intro screen and then go back to the discussion board link. The old system was more user friendly in that you could pick which discussion topic and go to that one instead of all the way back out. Also the only way to logout is to be on the discussion boards.

Arjan
10-30-2002, 07:05 AM
I Have fixed the navigation links, they should all refer to openbb.php now.

Arjan

moonchild
11-01-2002, 11:53 AM
I love the new design, obviously its a big change so it will take a little getting used to but I think its fantastic. Much more profecional :)

Ariadne
11-28-2002, 03:15 PM
There is no button to get back to the Birthright start page (or I didn't find it). If you klick on "home" you arrive on the forum start- but not the general start page. May be this could be fixed...

Arjan
11-29-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ariadne

There is no button to get back to the Birthright start page (or I didn't find it). If you klick on "home" you arrive on the forum start- but not the general start page. May be this could be fixed...

The HOME link on the top navigation now directs you to the front page of BRnet

Arjan

morgramen
12-01-2002, 12:24 PM
I've noticed that the posts read don't seem to be working. All the "B's" are red on my screen here, and the dates of the 'last' post seem to constantly change to todays date??? (Maybe that's why the cookie isn't working for read posts??)

Keovar
12-03-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by morgramen

I've noticed that the posts read don't seem to be working. All the "B's" are red on my screen here, and the dates of the 'last' post seem to constantly change to todays date??? (Maybe that's why the cookie isn't working for read posts??)

Sounds like you have your security settings set too high for the cookies, or that you have some sort of program "washing" your temp files and cleaning out the cookies after each browser session. Tweak UI can do that, among others.