PDA

View Full Version : estimate of date of release?

Elrostar
09-23-2002, 04:11 PM
I might have missed this somewhere obvious on the site, or somewhere in some thread or other, but I was wondering when we should be expecting to see the new Birthright d20 in any form.

I understand that it's a huge project and I don't mean for this to be a heckling note or anything, just that I'm curious as to when I can expect my life to be full of meaning again ;)

Elrostar (long-term non-poster)

Raesene Andu
09-23-2002, 10:30 PM
It would be difficult to give an accurate estimate of the release date at this time, however it is unlikely to be released this year (although not beyond the realms of possibility). As I've think I've mentioned in other posts, the writing is about 1/2 complete, but there is still a lot to do.

Elrostar
09-23-2002, 10:41 PM
Thanks. I thought I'd seen something about a rough estimate of timescale when I'd read through various threads but I couldn't find it anywhere, hence my query.

It's good to hear that work is progressing. And it's certainly no surprise that it will still be a while given what a huge task it is.

I wish you the best of luck in continuing the work and look forward to seeing it progress.

Elrostar

morgramen
09-27-2002, 12:47 AM
The BRCS is progressing well, and there is hope of a bright new dawn in the future. :)

I have said it before, and I say it again: This thing is remarkable! I am consistantly amazed at the quality of the work, and it looks like it will only be getting better.

Elrostar
09-27-2002, 12:50 AM
So would those mere mortals among us who are not so fortunate as to be on the development team be able to see any part of the finished product anytime soon, or am I being too hopeful here?

Elrostar

Pyotr Tusilov
09-27-2002, 05:01 AM
If cover art is needed for this project, and interior blk/wht, and or color plates. This Vos Warlord needs some type of wants for the cover. A generic description will do, and then I can roll with it. Black and whites usually flavor the text on it's page, a few Color plates would also be nice. Unless the Graphic design of Arjan's is the cover then thats cool too. Let me know what you guys think.

Raesene Andu
09-27-2002, 09:00 AM
So would those mere mortals among us who are not so fortunate as to be on the development team be able to see any part of the finished product anytime soon, or am I being too hopeful here?

Hopefully there will be some of the BRCS info in upcoming issue of my Birthright E-Zine (first issue due out in Nov), a sort of countdown to the BRCS type of article. I have yet to speak to the other member of the team about that though.

Elton Robb
10-01-2002, 12:50 PM
Yours truly is doing a write up on Cerilian Climate, then I am going to tackle the Domain Rules (even if I have to use the Book of Regency for reference).

Elton Robb

Elrostar
10-01-2002, 09:53 PM
Orginally posted by Elton Robb

Yours truly is doing a write up on Cerilian Climate, then I am going to tackle the Domain Rules (even if I have to use the Book of Regency for reference).

Elton Robb

Does this mean that the much-debated topic of... dare I say the words... Trade Routes, will be addressed and actually dealt with? I'm shuddering to think of what we will all discuss without that everpopular subject of debate ;)

Elrostar

doom
10-02-2002, 05:04 AM
On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 11:53:15PM +0200, Elrostar wrote:
> Does this mean that the much-debated topic of... dare I say the words... Trade Routes, will be addressed and actually dealt with? I`m shuddering to think of what we will all discuss without that everpopular subject of debate ;)
>
> Elrostar

It is _hoped_ that many of the major issues that are the subject of
recurrent threads of discussion will be addressed in a not entirely
unsatisfactory manner. It is, of course, a foregone conclusion that
the document will spark an entirely different set of recurrent issues
;)

- Doom

The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

blitzmacher
10-04-2002, 12:45 AM
Cool, new things to argue about:p

Ryegar
12-21-2002, 09:32 PM
Well I was just curious since it seems that no one has posted any speculation as to when we may see a version of the product, when might we see on I would even settle for rough estimates say like April or May that would satisfy my bloodlust til then. On another subject I have been offline for a few months and came back to see what was going on and it seems to me that there is a lot of flaming going on towards the 5 or so guys heading up this project. Did you all flame Travis Doom when he did his version with little outside help. Do these guys not look at what we have posted questions on take what most seem to think is the best decision. Obviously we all want the product but we all cant work on it. I am happy to see that there are people working on this lord knows I dont have the time yet wish I did. Ofcourse I will post any problems or things that I and my group see differently than theirs when the product is finished just like I have on the wizards boards. Then maybe they will take that info from myself and others and come out with an updated version, similar to what wizards does all the time. So anyways you guys working on the project thanks for it, you people hacking them write your own its not like theirs is officially sanctioned anyways, Hell we have in my group changed alot of TD's conversion to better fit how we play. Oh yeah when may we see a rough, beta, or final version, I wanted mine last year;) If you do happen to use pcgen I have a Birthright file for it with damn near everything in it email me if you want it.

irdeggman
12-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Try this link for a projected release (for comment mind you).

http://www.birthright.net/read.php?action=...newest&TID=1107 (http://www.birthright.net/read.php?action=newest&TID=1107)

There are 3 chapters left to be worked out and only 1 (unfortunately mine - Chapt 8, Outside the Lines) that hasn't been "reviewed" in some sort of entirety by the development team yet, so I may be the hold up.

I hope that answers you request for a "date". Remember that this will not be the "official" version until the net populace has had a chance to look it over, test it out, make comments and then do some sort of "vote" on it. Knowing how quickly the masses work on a common goal, I'd say an agressive estimate would be no earlier than late summer (July/August) before a consensus could be reached. I anticipate much discussion and revision of the product before then. But at least there would be something semi-whole that DMs could use to make their own revisions until all of the major issues are addressed and resolved (hopefully).
:)

Ryegar
12-22-2002, 04:37 PM
Thanks I didn't get that far I guess or just overlooked it seeing how I got frustrated looking at negative posts everywhere. I am not so glad to here you are holding things up though stop replying and get back to work;) . Well i will be patient now that I have and idea when to come back and I am sure my group will be happy to hear the news since we are like most taking a break from our gaming sessions for the holidays. Thanks again for your hard work and Happy holidays all.