PDA

View Full Version : Private Stuff

Azrai
09-04-2002, 10:31 AM
Hi,

since we are a relative small community, it would be interesting to know something more about the users.

sometimes an anonymus identity could be nice, but people who want to give away some informations are welcome to do it.

interesting would be the age and the years of gaming....

Ariadne
09-04-2002, 05:48 PM
Oh,

I'm 22 years old and play Birthright about 5 years. Several things are shown in my profile...

- I'm from Germany, about 45 miles north of Frankfurt
- I'm a student of chemistry

-Ariadne is my favourite roleplay character, a priestess of Khirdai (most know already)

What do you like to know more?

Sellenus
09-04-2002, 08:43 PM
Isn't this an In Character board?

Arjan
09-04-2002, 09:26 PM
maybe they are describing their IC character :)

([_]

Markazor King
09-06-2002, 02:15 AM
Well...since it is a paradox i will describe my character and I
I'm leonardo, student, 22 years and i live in Brazil. I want to help this community because birthright is the greatest setting ever created. I work in politics stuff and i love to be there with you all.
My character is a goblin. He claims to be the Markazor King and wander the lands searching something. Find more in role play.
thank you all.

Sir Justine
09-07-2002, 12:08 AM
Greetings to you all! ;)
My name is Guilherme Dei Svaldi. I'm from Brazil (e ai Leonardo!), 19 years, and I'm the DM of a Birthright campaign. IMO Birthright is the best scenario TSR/Wizards has ever published.

Markazor King
09-07-2002, 05:39 AM
(Opa, Guilherme, bom saber que posso falar portuga aqui também. Sou DM de Birth há uns tempos. Moro em niterói. Conta mais de vc, rapá. Legal ver um Brazuca aqui. Qual a sua idade? Ha quanto tempo joga?)

*To the friends from the forum: This message is the hail to my compatriot in our mother tongue. We've met here and it's very good and rare to make good and probably flesh and blood friends in internet. Hope you all understand*

Sir Justine
09-07-2002, 07:59 AM
(Pois é, nós brasileiros estamos em todo lugar :P ! Eu sou de Porto Alegre, e jogo +ou- a uns 4 anos, mas conheço RPG a muito tempo pq meu irmão mais velho já jogava antes de mim. Eu vi a tua explicação no teu post - uma das coisas que gringo mais odeia em internet é ver um cara falando em uma língua que ele não entende, hehehhehe!!! Tem mais um brasileiro nesse fórum, e eu conheci um paulista aqui também, mas faz tempo que não falo com ele.)

For those of you that didn't understand, this was portuguese. Sorry for the off-topic!

Sellenus
09-07-2002, 02:50 PM
No apology needed. Enjoy the opportunity...

marcum uth mather
09-10-2002, 09:46 PM
I am 25 and, and I am curently taking classes to be a cop. My real name is Brian Voltz, and I am a avid BR fan. Have been playing numerous low level gaims with if for years.

Abbess Allessandra
10-19-2002, 02:00 AM
Well I see I am the old fart here.
I am 34, mom, wife, fulltime college student, work fulltime. No I don't have freetime to do anything else but play Birthright once a month. Here is the funny part. I have almost always played a priest or paladin. My first name is Faith. I guess it is my destiny to do so ;)

Lord Eldred is our DM. Lord Shaene, Lord Chioran, and Princess Greybeard are also in our campaign.
Our current group has been gaming for almost 5 years now.
We have a blast. Good to have this community out here.

Lord Eldred
10-20-2002, 01:38 PM
You can say that again, Faith, the old fart comment. ;) The player behind my current identity is in his low thirties, younger than Faith. He is also a father, husband, and works full time as an associate principal at a high school. When he is not playing with his kids or spending quality time with his wife, he plays magic and of course Birthright. He also has two fantasy football teams and one fantasy hockey team.

Chioran
10-21-2002, 01:04 AM
My turn. I am the Abbess' RL soul mate and father to the same former rugrat- soon to be teen children. I am also 34, but much younger than the Abbess. I have been playing D&D since I was 11. My first foray into Birthright was with the group of which I am currently a part. I am a software engineer who specializes in embedded & automotive controls applications. I am currently working on my masters. In addition I am a aspiring (or was that perspiring) author.

Talaran
11-11-2002, 11:09 PM
Now, now now, thirty-something is not old in any regards. So says the person but two years from it. I'm Stefhen and have been a devotee of Birthright since late '97. I live in a small college town in Louisiana (Southern US). Both my somewhat rabid roommate and I have been trying our best to keep at least a Birthright game going for the past few years now.

Landen_Haesri
04-20-2003, 03:40 AM
Hey guys. Though I don't post much here, I'm here nonetheless. I'm a young fart, as it seems, 21 years of age. I'm a fulltime college student and DM for almost half my life, believe it or not. I'm currently studying for an Oceanography degree in San Diego. I love how the BR team and the others of this community have kept BR alive and well via the 'net (though I'm still a 2nd ed. junkie).

Charlie

As for my character..

His name is Arlen Stark (I know the last name is a bit of a rip, but it stays *snarl*), a ranger in his mid twenties. His family is lowborn, hailing from a southern coastal city in Abbatuor, of Roesone. His father is a fisherman, owning his own boat and a small business of supplying the town with fish. His mother is stay-at-home, taking care of Arlen's two younger sisters. They all worship Nesirie as their family god, to hold her protective hand around their father and allow the fish to be caught to provide for them and their town. The family has lived there for generations and have become, like others around them, iconic in the small community. Arlen felt his heart tugged to the grand and mysterious forest north of town and, to his father's chagrin, decided to leave the family business to preserve and protect it, joining the Aerenwe queen's secret group of forest defense, the Rangers of the Erebannien. He holds Erik in his heart and respects all that nature has given him and his family and worships Nesirie as well.

There's more, but that's a bit of his past and what he's doing now. See you on the boards!

**edit** I've never done this before, so I don't know if I can erase things or what, but I need to show that my board name is Landen Haesri which is obviously different than Arlen Stark. I might register a new name, but I think I can stick with Landen for now. If there's any confusion please let me know!

Gauthier
05-22-2003, 02:35 PM
I'm a 35 years guy and I'm accountant. I play ADD since I have 18. I'm a fan of BR since I buy it.
I'm a DM of birthright since about 2 years and wait only one thing....
to be a BR player in a game because I'm the only one to know all the stuff of BR so I'm the only DM. I'm from Tournai in Belgium. Ho, I'm an administrator of a little association who organise some Live RPG in french speaking part of Belgium (the other part speak Flamish). I'm fan of snooker, football, and some other stuff..

I take this opportunity to thanks all of you who participate at this project and who like BR.

PS : If you're a DM in Belgium or in the Northern of France please, tell me...

The_Masetian
05-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Well....my name is Ronni and I am a 20-year-old Dane.

Currently I work as an English interpretor and translator, as well as being an actor in training *when, oh when will they make a Birthright film?!!?*

I first spotted Birthright in a store back in 97 and have been a fan ever since!

Sellenus
05-22-2003, 09:12 PM
Well met friends... I am Sellenus Arranaseerhinue. I am also known as the Bard of the Blade. This was a name I gave myself when I first started telling (embellishing?) the tales of the Company of the Blade. Some of you I have met in nearby taverns, and I have come to enjoy your company on my visits. By the way, have any of you seen my fair Dwarven Princess? I have a soft spot for her! If you see her, send her my love...

I can only say great things of "the one who gives me voice", but not now...

Sellenus
05-22-2003, 09:25 PM
I was going to perform a new song for you all, but my lute is broken. I stopped at the item shop, but they sell no musical instruments. Can anyone call in a favor for me? A Lute, A Lute , all my Holdings for a Lute!

Denakhan
05-23-2003, 11:49 AM
Hiya.

Another old grognard. 33 and counting. :) Been RPG'ing since I was 10. Been playing with BR since it was still "Comming Soon!" ;) Married, no kids. Live in the Great White North (Whithorse, Yukon)..and *absolutely love it here*...for the last 20+ years. Too bad my chosen vocation has 0 jobs here (3d artist/animator), but I'm currently working on a few writing projects.

CMonkey
05-26-2003, 10:30 AM
What the hell, (I'm saving for a Law Holding...)

I'm a 29-and-nine-tenths Scot living in Glasgow. I've been playing Birthright for nigh on 6 months now (newbie! argh!) and rpgs since I bought the Red Box Set in '89 and turn some of my friends into geeks. Most of them got better, but it turned out I was a terminal case.

I have yet to play Birthright, as I GM an "Each to His Throne" game at the moment. For my next project, I will be learning to sky-dive by throwing myself off the learning curve.

Oh, and I used to be a Computer Game Designer (Moby Games has a page about me but it's a bit pants (http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId=38406/) ) but I'm better now.

CM.

usermaatre
05-29-2003, 01:49 AM
My name is Richard, and as far as I can tell, I am the granddaddy of them all at 39. I live on the Canadian prairies. My first D&D game was set in the BR world. I played a thief who was a vassal of the Duchess of Brosengae. (Not the published one.) I played quite a bit of Shadowrun before I came to D&D.

I am a manager in a video store and I spent too long years in university. I studied theology and philosophy, and I am an Egyptomaniac.

Usermaatre

P.S. Usermaatre was part of the throne name of Pharaoh Ramesses II. His full throne name (as far as I know) was Usermaatre-setepenre. Ramesses was his birth name.

His names means:

User-maat-re, setep-en-re
Powerful is-the truth/law-of Ra, Chosen-of-Ra

Ramesses means Ra is born.

Tempest
05-30-2003, 07:03 AM
I haven't post anything to this forum this far, but I have been reading it from very start. Anyway, I'm 24 (nearly 25) Finnish male living in northern Finland city called Oulu (not that one in the Realm of White Witch :)). Btw, it's funny how these "fantasy" names has real world connections (another example is Vaasa in FR that is another city of Finland).

I have been playing RPGs since I was 9 or 10. First we started with D&D and when we didn't understood how the combat worked, we changed to MERP (Middle Earth Roleplaying game). After few years we tried D&D again and this time succesfully. After that it has been D&D, AD&D or D&D 3rdE. Nowadays I DM the games (last 10 years), but I like playing too. I just don't get much opportunities to do so. Favourite campaing settings are BR (naturally) and Dragonlance. Sometimes I want to play highfantasy setting and for that I have Plancescape and FR. When I'm not playing RPGs I'm doing my job as a system desinger in company that desings testing equipment for GSM and 3G networks or I'm with my other hobbies (gym, rollerskating, reading...).

Picture of me (if someone is really that interested) can be found in:

http://www.city.fi/kayntikortti/kayntikort...i.php?n=tempest (http://www.city.fi/kayntikortti/kayntikortti.php?n=tempest)

(that guy on the right with a big smile :))

lordofallandnothing
11-03-2003, 05:51 PM
You here echoing footsteps slowly approaching from in front of the pub...The doors open and a tall, gaunt Man in flowing robes of black comes inside...You cannot detemine what race of being that he is but his eyes seem to shed an unhealthy reddish glow and he appears almost skeletal.

"greeting travellers" he says to you in a deep and sepulchral voice...

I am 28 years old and have been playing D&D for 18 years now and I will play it for another 58 if I have my way :) I currently live in northern vermont in the united states but I generally move every 6 months or so to another part of the country and every 2 or 3 years to another country for a little while.My favorite campaign setting has been Birthright since the day they came out with it.
I am hoping that eventually I will be able to get into an online game of it but if not then thats okay as well for I shall just start dm'ing in whatever community I find myself in.
I have been a lurker off and on at this site since the beginning and this is my third i.d. for this site.( for some reason it keeps losing my account every year or so ).

The gaunt figure slowly leaves the same way that he came in...

megog
09-01-2004, 11:27 PM
I'm new to this website so i haven't posted much but i'm no stranger to Birthright. The names Bryan and i'm 24 married and have a 9 month old daughter. I work at blockbuster video (its actually pretty cool!.)

As for Brithright i have been a hardcore player and DM of Bright right since it came out. Recently I retired my 27th level paladin of Haeyln named Manigant He was was the new thane of Taline when i retired him. Right now I'm playing a vos named Dimitri Valdine.

As for me DMing i'm finishing a 3 three year long campaign set in Brithright with my best friends. Thats about it!

Hrandal
09-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Hello, all. My real name is Christopher, I'm 28 years oldand I've been playing and running BR for about a year now. I play in CMonkey's excellent game. I'm running my second BR campaign, a follow on to the first one I ran (all new characters - only two survived the last campaign, and one of those went mad and evil.)

In real life I'm a boring admin assistant. I enjoy occasional LARPing, and GMing almost anything from Deadlands to SLA Industries to LO5R.

I'm enjoying this site, its nice to actually be able to talk to other GMs about the various niggles of BR.

Ksaturn
09-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Oh Goody... Here we go... I'm 17(almost 18) and have been gaming since... (nintendo at age 3 maybe?). When i first heard a vague description of D&D from my step brother(lvl 1clr 2nd Ed... 20 minotaurs... ran... only survivor) I was instantly fasicinated. it took several years before i had the resourses and knowledge needed to obtain a group and a starter kit for 3rd Edition. We beat all the premade mini-adventures with that kit and decided to step it up to the books. I read and memorized the three cores(which facinated me) and have run many (failed) sessions. our longest campain lasted maybe 4 sessions. I am the DM for my group and only once played as a player(failed session involving many goblins TOTALLY generic). Basically thing went downhill. a few years ago (2-5) I saw a birthright article on WotC.com describing the BR campaign setting... I was hooked. I searched the site repeatedly and unsuccessfully. Disheartened I left emptyhanded thinking BR was dead and gone. A Few months ago i was looking through some files on WotC and found a vague reference to a website tied to BR. I again Looked all over when, losing hope, i found a link to this site in an article by someone involved in the setting. (Damn to hell that site design). I since Downloaded the BRCS and am awaiting impatiently the D20 Atlas. On the rare occasions when my group is capable of meeting i am unprepared and either mess up or call it off. I rarely prepare as i have so few meets. I have several disorders(translated from doctor speech amout to Stubborness, Hopelessness, Depression, and the inability to focus on any work-involved task{interesting or not} for over 5 minutes). I take expensive medicine which doesent help and i'm financially unstable. I failed at most thing not D&D involed as well if they didn't involve computer\ninteno\PS2 games. I live in Oklahoma, USA. Near sallisaw... not close enough to have access to my friends but not far enough to avoid my enemies. I have a Permit but can rarely use it as my whole familiy is a workaholic machine(who think thier lazy cause thier always tired). I live in a house with my parents near my grandmothers farm. I think i once saw the light of day... it burns us precious... Night owls have few sympathizers. while Smart and Creative i have a poor memory and my academic abilities amout to all Fs since 7th grade or so. I have no social life outside of my D&D group. I am being stifled and have no future.

But enough about me... I'll post about my chars later...

RaspK_FOG
09-09-2004, 03:31 AM
Greetings to thee all... and if there is one old fellow here, that's me all right!

I am Greek, and have never truly had the opportunity to run a Birthright campaign; I hope my friends find the setting as delightful as I do (some of them do already :) )!

The funny part about me is that the first thing I found about BR was an old box (I think it was one of the Players' Secrets series thingies) in Kaissa (a chess/RPG/CCG/TCG store line), which was bought before I went back with more money; after that (and a few 2e information I found online), I literally fell on this page and got really stuck with the setting; even got an online version of a couple of books or two (not that I have the financial standing to buy more online, however cheap they might be - no credit card for me :( , and finding old 2e books here is really a pain on the neck).

I have playtested a couple of things and checked how they work, and am glad I contributed even a little to the whole effort. B)

Osprey
09-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Hello,
Nearly a thousand posts, but never on this thread...heh.

Well, my real name's Jeremy. I'm 28 now, currently a grad student in upstate New Hampshire getting my M.Ed. and Social Studies certification to teach secondary school. If I had the self-discipline to go for a Ph.D. I'd happily teach college, but I have this thing about the Ivory Tower, publish or perish, holier than thou, etc., etc.

I've been playing D&D since I was 6 - I remember my first character was an Elf named Sion (Basic D&D)...I could barely read and write, but my brother helped me make a character sheet. Funny old memories. :D

When I was 7, and my reading abilities were improving, I got a hold of the AD&D rulebooks, read through the 3 main books, raised my reading level by several years, and got 2 of my friends to be players in my first attempt at DMing. Hee hee, now that was funny, a 3rd-grader DM...Keep on the Borderlands converted to AD&D...I guess my expereince at converting between versions of D&D goes back a long way... :rolleyes:

So after 20+ years of roleplaying, I'm back in D&D again after 3e came out - it impressed me as a real improvement over the old systems, after I took a 10 year break from D&D to explore other RPG's - there are many on my list of favorites: Werewolf & Mage, Bushido, Drakkar och Demoner (Swedish FRPG), Abberant, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, and a bunch of homebrewed worlds with 'borrowed' mechanics. I only rarely have used published campaign settings, generally preferring to design my own settings and set them as my imagination sees fit.

Birthright, however, was an exception to the rule. I bought the box set when it was a new release because the desciption was so intriguing, even tho I didn't play much D&D at the time. I got the game, read through the books, and then put it on a shelf, where it sat and collected dust for years...

Then about two years ago, as I was getting turned on to 3rd edition D&D, I decided to break out the old BR box and see about converting the game to 3e. I ran a playtest campaign over the summer, made my rules adaptations, and started looking for players...

It was only later, after I had found a group of players, that I actually found this website and downloaded the BRCS. It was interesting to see how they had done the conversion vs. how I had done it, as I was playing with the domain rules straight from 2e. Overall, I really liked most of the BRCS ideas, adopted it wholesale and made my current campaign (now dubbed "The Southern Alliance") a playtest campaign. That was a year-and-half ago. I have five regent PC's in my live group, and two more long-distance players who run parallel stories through rare personal meetings and more often via phone and AIM.

The Southern Alliance campaign has spanned about 10 years in game time (it's currently 561 MR), and things are nearing their ultimate conclusion: several PC's are now epic (22nd-23rd level), the rest are near-epic, and there are numerous epic domains to match. The PC's most recent accomplishment was the slaying of the Spider, which was accompanied by a massive campaign to clear the Spiderfell of hostiles altogether. Quite the epic accomplishment, the deed that finally raised a few bloodline strengths and is now setting them up to declare one of their allies (Elana Alwer, an NPC who is the current Baroness of Roesone - long story) as their choice to be Empress. Of course, they have yet to face the Gorgon and his marauding armies, and Avanil, Boeruine, and Ghoere remain unwedded to the Alliance and unaccepting of anyone besides themselves to be Emperor (of course). Much of the rest of Anuire, however, has seen the strength of the Alliance's mutual defense pact and inter-realm cooperation, and signed on to what is now the Anuirean Alliance (it stretches through much of the Heartlands now, thanks to the South's pledge to aid against the Gorgon's inevitable invasion, and provide protection to Tuornen against Boeruine and Avanil if need be).

The wolves are at the door, but they're waiting to spot a weakness before they dare to raise a hand against this strong yet fledgling alliance...

It will soon be time to test if the Gorgon can be defeated by a group of high level characters (9x 21st to 25th level characters vs. the Gorgon and his main minions) - plus the issue of his big dragon will need to be resolved (freeing the dragon may be a prelude quest to the final confrontation).

There's a basic thumbnail sketch of me and my BR life. Later dayz!

Osprey

RaspK_FOG
09-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Wonderful chronicle, Osprey! ;)

After a little pushing (you know who you are :P ), let me tell you that I was born on February the 22nd in 1984 and have only recently started RPing, about 3 years ago, even if my contact with RPGs goes back from whenst reading published material advertisements (no kidding)! :lol:

epicsoul
09-10-2004, 09:50 AM
I only recently discovered this particular site for Birthright, so I too, have not posted very regularly.

I am 28, and having finished university, am now in a completely different field than what I studied for. My RL name is Dave. I live in BC, Canada, with my wife, also an avid gamer (who has recently begun playing BR with me; recently being 2 years ago now)

I, too, have gamed since I was 7. Picked up Birthright from the moment that I saw it. Fell in love with it over any other campaign world that I saw... and that was a lot.

As a gamer, I tried out my hand at being a retailer. Loved that, but moved on. It DID allow me to create a gaming collection that my wife is still amazed by... and frustrated by our inability to store anywhere.

Sadly, my BR campaigns never got past 4th or 5th level, due to the misfortune of always finding players that would move. However, my claim to fame is this:
Through my gaming store, and local gaming club, I ran a LIVE campaign of Birthright, which lasted 6 months, including the entire continent, and running for about 30 turns. In many cases, it was almost a LARP. There was over 40 players, 2 assistant GMs, and myself GM. We actually played in a bingo hall. Almost all players were playing landed regents, with by the book (2e) stats ONLY for "recommended PC nations". Wars were fought on a regular basis... and the best one involved the so-called "Albiele Escalation"

Basically, Guilder Kalien sponsored a colonization of Albiele Island... and posted a single unit of marines there. All he planned on was to expand into naval trading routes... the player actually had no sinister uber-objective than this. This single event, coupled with secret alliances that would have shamed Europe in the 1914s, created a chain of events that lead to around 80-85% of ALL nations (with MANY wizards, guilds and temples joining the fray) on the continent of Cerilia going to war... on the same turn. The war lasted 4 turns, with almost NO change of territory occuring in the end. It started in Anuire, and swept to the reaches of Vosgard and Brechtur... with only the Rjurik and Dwarven nations MOSTLY staying out of it.

It was the first (and only!) Cerilian World War that we ever saw. The final loss of life: over 1000 units of troops dead (I kid you not! and this does not include the units that were damaged) and provinces sacked that would kill/displace over 100,000 people. Trade was stopped entirely in some areas, especially the Brecht Basin, due to trade routes being destroyed/lack of navies to keep trade routes going. Odd that the military deaths outweighed the civilian, but chock it up to most people still choosing back then to conquer rather than sack (most of the sacking occured in Khinasi territories, and some was by goblins/awnshegh/elf NPCs).

I still have one of the laminated maps that has some troop movement marks on it. Mostly, I had used an erasable felt pen to mark changes on the maps, but accidentally grabbed a permanent marker one time, for one of the turns. Ah, the memories... having the maps up on the bulletin board of my store, players looking at the most recent territorial gain, and seeing the newsletter of recent decrees over the continent.

Still think that my favourite character I ever played in a BR campaign would happen to be Alliene Tilgentor, oddly enough. First female character I truly enjoyed playing, and this was in a much more recent campaign that only just ended. In the end, she became Alliene Aglondier, Rogr passing away...

I hope to participate more fully in this site, now that I have the time.

Lysander
09-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Where to begin?

I lurk mostly, reading from the email list. Only in the past few months have I come to the opinion that 3.xE might not be so bad. :lol: Anyways..
I'm thirty, so I'm sitting atop the hill, knowing it's all down from here. I got started on basic D&D (Red & Blue boxes) back sometime around '85, converted to 1E, then 2E in college. When I couldn't think of a character name, I eventually settled on "Lysander" as a default, unless I thought of something else. And, usually a ranger, unless I something else called to me. Odd, because I've read a few plays by The Bard, but none with "Lysander" as a character :lol:
Apparently, I somehow managed to game once in BR in college then, but "lost" my gaming materials when I moved overseas (I didn't own any BR materials, but the basic box seemed familiar when I got it years later). Picked up gaming again in '02. and adopted BR as my "world of choice" in the now-defunct gaming group (one was a GH DM, another a FR DM, etc. I got BR - Lucky me. B) ) But back to the "mundane" stuff - I live just outside of Washington, DC, and run my own law practice. I guess that qualifies me for a Law Holding, no? ;)

"Lysander"
Dave

First Horseman
09-24-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey I haven't been in a while,(I find myself saying that alot lately) :huh:
but its nice to see the community introducing to eachother.

My real name is Louis Mathias, and I got interested playing Dungeons and Dragon about seven years ago and have never put the dice down since. I live out my days In Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, learing how to create some decent plot lines for upcoming games and such. I learned about Birthright when one of my friends bot the boxset and we did an all nighter. It was blast. We didn't know how the play the technical aspects but the rpging was still fun. I've found this site about three years ago but only joined last year.

I more in to role playing without the hack and slash these days and I'm right now trying to get a Taline PBEM off the ground. I'm also learing Buisness Adminstation and plan to work in municiple or military defence distribution.

Well that a little bit of me.

If anyone wants to talk, or knows where I can get the Birthright boxsets for a good price, let me know at louism_knights@hotmail.com

Peace.

Athos69
09-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by epicsoul@Sep 10 2004, 02:50 AM
I still have one of the laminated maps that has some troop movement marks on it. Mostly, I had used an erasable felt pen to mark changes on the maps, but accidentally grabbed a permanent marker one time, for one of the turns.
Hey Dave -- If you want to erase that permanent marker, rubbing alcohol (isopropanol) works wonders. If you want, I pop by and show you.

Athos / Mike / Diemed in the current campaign

epicsoul
09-27-2004, 01:53 AM
Derek has the map right now, Mike. He's using it for "notes". I got 4 sets and laminated three of them. THe other 2 are fine.

master_guelfi
12-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Hello my dear friends from Br net I'm Marco Guelfi Junior, A DM from Brazil (Eai galera, entrem em contato comigo!!!). Actually my group was playing a Rjurik/Anuire/Dwarf Campaign in a old scenario (The King of the Giant Downs).
I play RPG for a 4-5 years and my last Br Char was a Dwarf Paladin from Moradim
(Yeah! Barûk-Azhik rules!!!)

Belisarius
12-31-2004, 05:52 PM
well, Im the newbie, let me introduce my self.

In real life, I am 31 year old male living in Atlanta, Georgia. I found this site after digging up my old books for a move to my grandmothers that will happen shortly. While I never played a regent campaign in BR, I have played a number of regular campaigns in it. I love the detail and fullness of the campiagn. I also like the number of changes to the normal fantasy world.

My favorie character from BR I have is Allicia Silverhand. A female Anuirean pladin of Nesirie. It was funny that my DM kept our bloodline strength secret from us. We had an alternating DM when I played her, so she ended up Forgotten Realms. I never heard of the Chosen of Mystra from there until Allicia took the trip, invoulentarily.

Needless to say, the DM had her met on of them. ECK.

irdeggman
01-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Well I haven't posted on this board either. But I am 99.99% certain that I can claim the title of oldest fogey on the site. My name is Duane Eggert and I'm 46 years old. I'm a Chemical Engineer who graduated from the University of Michigan in 1982 ("Before many of you were born" came the voice from the clouds). I've worked at the 2nd largest naval shipard in the world (it was the largest until around 10 years ago) - Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, Virginia for going on 23 years now. I've been an instructor, an auditor, a technical procedure writer a supervisor (for almost 2 whole years before I ran into severe problems with my supervisor) and just about anything else they've asked me to do - both nuclear and non-nuclear.

I've been playing D&D and other RPG since I was 17. While I didn't play in the OD&D I did play my first character in early 1st ed AD&D. My 2nd character (my first was an 8 Int magic-user - no need to go into any details on that issue) was Boom-Boom Broomski an 18 (09) Str, 17 Dex, 4 Int Fighter. He was extremely fun. He broke a thief's hand once and when the bartender (actually the DM who broke character) asked "Why?" the reply came "What is in the pocket is mine, what is outside the pocket is his. Bring me some more milk."

I've been playing Birthright since it first came out (I can't remember the specific time period - "Memory is the 2nd thing to go, I forgot what the first was."). My DM was (and still is although in a 3.5 home brewed game) one of the worst I've played with. We used to spend entire nights rolling up income results for all of the NPC domains - throughout Cerillia because he didn't do any prep work and liked to "wing it".

The next BR DM we had was (and still is) one of the best I've played with. He doesn't play D&D anymore but runs a d20 Star Wars game that I'm particulary found of.

I took up the mantle after that and ran a 3.0 game using my home-rules. Looking back those rules really sucked. That was how I got involved with the BRCS project. The original BRCS team needed some more people to help with the project and they invited me. I've been been part ever since.

I have done some lay-by-post gaming. It was an Alternity - Star*Drive game. Check out the Verge of Extinction at Tequillastarrise.net. I played Evan Dunleavy the Diplomat-Mindwalker and default team leader. Tremendous game, took over a year when it was only planned to take 3-6 months. Neil Spicer is a great writer and worked it so that the game came out as a story that can be read. Although you should plan on some substantial time to set aside to read it, it is long butworth the read.

I currently play in a home brewed 3.5 game (see reference to DM above) with my 14 year old son (who can really play a wizard), a d20 Deadlands game, an Alternity-Star*Drive game, an Alternity-Gamma World game, a d20 Star Wars game but no BR game. A friend was going to run a play test game for me so that I could "participate and evaluate" but that fell through and I don't have the time to run one myself - at least not until the BRCS is done.

Thomas_Percy
01-03-2005, 01:21 AM
I' m 32 years old, I' m a journalist from Europe, Poland, Warsaw.
I play AD&D, D&D 12 years, mostly Birthright.
Recently I've joined the staff of d20 publisher The Forge.
We are working on "Strongholds" series - a descriptions of typical castles of d20-medieval lords from four steps of feudal pyramid. It's a rpg and strategy fully compatibile with Birthright rules.
Part 1 is ready, it will appear Jan-Feb 2005.

Angelbialaska
01-03-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm from Denmark and is very very close to soon round the first quarter of a century (25). I'm a student of information science and I have still to find someone willing to accept my geekiness. :)

Been playing RP since I was around 6, although the more serious RP (organized stuff), didn't happen until maybe 10 years ago.

I've been hooked on Birthright from '97, where I played it quite much, but around '99 I moved away from AD&D and into other venues. I didn't put much thought into Birthright when I got back to fantasy with D&D, instead looking over the stuff that was already published for D20. But then not long ago I found br.net. :)

Arjan
01-03-2005, 08:59 PM
As most of you already know, but for the newcomers amongst us, i am from the netherlands. nearly 29 years old now. Playing DnD for over 12 years now..

I've been in touch with BR ever since it was released. Then in 1999 the community decided that it was time for a dedicated website. We already had the Netbook maintained by Raesene Andu (aka Ian "Darkstar" Hoskins), but we wanted to register the birthright domain. about 90% here on birthright.net was already collected by ian.

A group of 8 people (Adam Theo , Jason Neighbors, Andrew Olesens, Earl Hildebrandt, Sindre Cools Berg, Tommy Ashton, Memnoch and myself)started on the BRnet project, but after a not so long time only 2 of us we left over.

how i got into webprogramming... back then i had contact with a girl who started asking me questions about webdesign. if i could help her with building her homepage.. i was already active for a couple of years in the ICT business but didnt know how to make webpages... and that girsl did. so thats when i learned myself html and build the old BRnet in two months straight 9 hours aday. back then it already exceeded 250+pages.

eventually i was the only one left over.. and since i am not such a good writer (in english) i decided that this was my way to contibute to the BR community. and that is still what i do. thousands of hours went into maintining the site.. and also to keep up with the registration fee of the forum itself.

2cp
Arjan

Arius Vistoon
01-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Hello everyone.
I am 30 years old and I am a analyst/scientist computer of trade and of heart (I created my first video game when i has 12 years old ).. and this in any technical or functional environments ( except the 3D and the IA )

I practice role-playing games (dungeon and dragon essentially but a multitude of others equally) since 19 years.

I have a very good reputation of game Master and scientist computer...

My strong points in RPG, easy ( and efficient ) game rules and long term scenarios very open.

I would like more to participate has the update of birthright D20
(I have a multitude of idea..not necessarily innovating but rather structural with keeping original'atmosphere )
the alone problem is that even if I read and understands easily english langage....
it's a very hard thing for me to write it ( and carry my think )..
consequently, I participate than very little has this forum, satisfying me to vote most of the time. :( :( :(

I have equally for ambition to create a management software of countries for world on the themes of the management of the political intrique etc... and of which the first unit will be birthright. ..these takes me much times but that advances.

I implicitly am to propose myself to translate a part of the rules of birthright D20 (for the moment I translated only sanctionned chapters, the introduction and the chapter 2 )

What to say more. ... I love birthright. ..lol
;)

Cardinal Malik
01-20-2005, 07:55 AM
My name is Robert, I am 26, I live in Portland, Oregon and I have been playing Birthright since I was seventeen. I have read all the novels (including Falcon and the Wolf) and I have been running A campaign for the past three years. I have been writing a domain sourcebook for Diemed that I plan to submit to the net very soon. I have just finished the eight-page fold out cover that includes : Diemed coat of arms, Caer Deretha floor one-four, a family tree, a map of the kingdom, and coats for the other diemed noble families. My email is cardinal_malik@yahoo.com if anyone is interested in seeing what I have finished.

Green Knight
01-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi,

The name is Bjørn, I'm over 30, and live in Norway.

I've been playing BR for many years now, and intend to continue doing so for another 50 years or so :P

Besides playing BR RPG I also run the Ruins of Empire PBeM, which has been active since the year 2000.

B