PDA

View Full Version : A second drink for friends!

Ariadne
08-30-2002, 04:50 PM
O.K., after they have us banished from the original thread, let us see, if we can continue our conversation in another pub!

Arjan
08-30-2002, 05:08 PM
I rather have a drink in a pub then a library :)

Cheers

[CAN WE HAVE SOME MORE ALE OVERHERE!]

marcum uth mather
08-30-2002, 05:20 PM
now were was I? o yes I was going to have that drink and tell you all how my claymore drank of the blood of the Yeti a lesser awanseheg of the white witches kin. O and i was going to congratulate lord Eldred on his allience. A noble group indeed

marcum uth mather
08-30-2002, 05:21 PM
o and this time i hope i am in the right place:)

Arjan
08-30-2002, 05:37 PM
YES SIR! have a ([_] from me!

Lord Eldred
08-31-2002, 01:54 AM
::Out of character to Ariadne, I had at first moved the other thread here. Then I was going to prune the junk posts from within it. In doing so I seem to have erased the whole post...oops::

::Lord Eldred looks around confused:: I could swear something very strange just happened. I can't exactly say what it was but I don't really remember anything that I have said or done in the last two hours.

::Looks down at his glass of Spiderfell wine and says:: It must be the wine.

::Dumps it out on the floor and says:: Bartender bring me some of that dwarven meade and bring everyone else a drink and put it on my tab.

Lord Eldred
08-31-2002, 02:25 AM
Orginally posted by marcum uth mather

now were was I? o yes I was going to have that drink and tell you all how my claymore drank of the blood of the Yeti a lesser awanseheg of the white witches kin. O and i was going to congratulate lord Eldred on his allience. A noble group indeed

See it is not just me! Perhaps the drink is getting to Marcum as well! Thank you marcum for the compliment!

Ariadne
08-31-2002, 12:55 PM
*Smiles at Lord Eldred*

Horrid drink, this spiderwine! In my opinion you should get your money back!! Well, try a ([_] , a honey mead or a "normal" blood wine instead! Might be, you have a less headache then, but to loose all memory of the last hours is not the right way, I think. You should always drink as much, as you can continue fighting afterwards!

May be, we where too loud in the last pub, so we're here now! No difference, if here is enough to drink too!! Umm, who pays now?

*turns to marcum uth mather*

Yes, you was telling your tale at last. I like tales about such monsters. You can't know enough of these rare ones. To kill always goblins and gnolls is a little bit boring after a time...

Lord Eldred
09-01-2002, 02:50 AM
Honey mead and bloodwine it is then!

Barkeep all the drinks are on my tab for the rest of the evening!

Ariadne
09-01-2002, 02:43 PM
*continues talking to Lord Eldred*

By the way, if you have lost your whole memory, do you remember me? We have met in this last pub, but not previously.

To help you. I'm Ariadne al-Chian, high priestess of the Chosen of Khirdai. My home country is Aftane and I'm in Anuire in the moment to find other orders devoted to Khirdai. I'll try to create a better communication between these, but I'm very pleased to have met you, my Lord.

marcum uth mather
09-01-2002, 11:21 PM
O a tale about monsters thrill you do they my lady? well this on is by no means a normal one at all! he stood 12 feet tall and had a breath that would chill the blood of the gorgon!

: turns to serving maid when one walks by:
a sweet mead if you would my lass, my cup seems to be dry:
Now were was I ...O yes telling you about myself. I am Marcum Uth Mather, a jarl from the northlands. Our gods are the same and I am traveling south to find the men who killed my friend in the sucsession wars in Helscappa. O and mabey you could help me as I seem to have aquired the ability to randomly change into a grizzly bear!!! i cant control it!!!!

Ariadne
09-02-2002, 09:14 AM
You are the victim of a curse? If so, be sure, that I can help you!

Lord Eldred
09-03-2002, 02:02 AM
Tis it a curse or be it a disease. I have heard of a disease called lycanthorpy that would have that effect on you. The Abbess should also have the power to cure you from such disease! It would probably cost you a sermon and a drink though.

Ariadne
09-03-2002, 10:08 AM
Isn't lycanthropy a curse and a disease? If so, I have the power to cure it too...

Naturally a drink isn't that wrong to chew this information down...

marcum uth mather
09-03-2002, 02:26 PM
nay it sould not be a curse...I hope! After smitting the yeti his final blow I was enveloped in a strange light. next thing I know all my hair falls out exept my beard. And when I get mad I turn into a bear.

Ariadne
09-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Very strange, indeed... And no bear bite you?

(Out of character: If your problem is to be a Rjurik Shapechanger, even a very high level priest can't help you, I fear)

marcum uth mather
09-03-2002, 05:12 PM
: out of carector it's on of my dooms:
alas there is nothing to do about it but pray! But to much meloncoly deprives a drink of its spirits so lets ([_] up and enjoy the day!!!

Ariadne
09-04-2002, 12:34 PM
I hope, it's your only doom, but in this it seems, that I can't help you by this. If you have others, let us try to remove the rest...

Abbess Allessandra
09-04-2002, 11:42 PM
A thought... could it be to remove a curse, then if that doesn't work I might have
to observe a change.

Sellenus
09-05-2002, 12:48 AM
Please take heart in knowing that I would put your story to music so that all could learn from your plight. With a happy twist perhaps? This pleases most crowds more than a melancholy tale...

Lord Eldred
09-05-2002, 03:06 AM
::In an attempt to get him mad and thus cause a change, I say the following::

I don't believe you sir. I think you tell lies to impress the ladies. I pay for no more drinks for this lier bartender!

Ariadne
09-05-2002, 01:09 PM
*turning to Lord Eldred (a little bit angry)*

My Lord, this man has such a horrible curse and you must punish him additionally for this? Why you think, that he lies? There exist so much exotic things, that this can occur, I think!

Sellenus
09-05-2002, 05:38 PM
In my travels I have seen a great many things... this however is not one of them. Perhaps Lord Eldred is correct.

Markazor King
09-06-2002, 02:05 AM
*With their caracteristical noises, five goblins come in the tavern. One of the men in the back of the room draws a dagger, in awe, but an next friend hold him back*
An white goblin, old and agressive, in some fine cloths for a Goblin says:
"This strange place...hummm...ah...Are these lands in the south always full of idiots? Don't you all recognize a King when you see one?- he cries. I'm in search for information. I pay and i'm in a hurry. Someone say something to the King of Markazor?"

Ariadne
09-06-2002, 10:30 AM
*calms down again*

I have seen many things in my lifetime too, that's why I believe him. But perhaps I'm only an impressed lady! *smiles* So I...

What's this!!!

*turns around to the goblins and readies her quarterstaff. Watches the speaking goblin suspiciously*

You seem to have traveled a long way from Markazor, if I'm right....

Markazor King
09-06-2002, 01:06 PM
*Looking with a suspicious face to the woman*
I've met you in the other tavern, i'm right? But now you look more sweet...i think i can talk to you now...

Ariadne
09-06-2002, 01:17 PM
You're right... So let me ask, what has driven you so far away from Markazor?

Abbess Allessandra
09-06-2002, 01:41 PM
* I stand up and put my hands on my hips revealing my holy symbol and my sword*
'You must be looking for very important information to bring yourselves into an establishment of this nature. What is it that you want to know?"

Markazor King
09-06-2002, 02:54 PM
I was in a mission for the true heir to the Iron Throne. I was travelling with a full unit of goblins, but we were ambushed in the north. I've sent some bribe and a letter to the regent of this stupid realm, for safe travel and he agreed. But the betrayal was unpredicted and my troops have run into a trap. Bah! Why am i telling all this? Let me get to the point: I have no men with me other than these four goblins. I need to complete my mission and return to my master. Come with me and i shall pay in chests of gold and silver when we arrive in Markazor, my kingdom. I have not a lot of gold now, but it will be no problem. Trust me. I'm no lier and i shall not betray you like the elves in mount desimaar did betray Azrai.
*the goblin surprises you all with an inteligence uncommon for the reputation of his race. Anyway, you feel unconfortable in trusting the old creature. The other goblins are agitated and you can see they're loyal to this pretense King of Markazor.*

Sellenus
09-06-2002, 09:39 PM
I am in awe of you good Sir, you are the most impressive talking Frog I have ever seen. Never have I met a King Frog.

But you do seem a bit confused. Where was your lilly pad again?

Markazor King
09-07-2002, 05:35 AM
I never forgive those who mock me.
Will some of you help me in my mission? Or do you are all rich and gold means nothing to you?

Ariadne
09-07-2002, 08:49 AM
*Her quarterstaff still readied, she answers*

You're a Goblin, if I see right. I don't know, how they handle it in Anuire, but in Khinasi nobody trusts a goblin... Might be, I have bias, but I've met enough goblins until now and trust me , they where worthy of this!!

By the way, the elves of Deismaar only realized the truth, that fighting for Azrai is the evil way...

Entering Markazor? Tsss..., I've entered Kal Kalathor once, thank you! You must know, I hate stupid questions from stupid clan chefs... And there they've asked a lot of questions (and they have lost some clan chefs for this)...

So tell us, WHY should we trust YOU?

Sellenus
09-07-2002, 02:47 PM
I seek no forgiveness from you Frog Lord. For I too take offense to your comments on my peoples part in the battle of Diesmaar, and to your lackies comments on the people of this strange place.

Emerald Greybeard
09-09-2002, 02:05 PM
*glazed over look in face starts to fade* What happened? it was the weirdest thing... i was in a tavern talking to freinds and suddenly...

WHOA! Are we being attacked by goblins *Jumps up brandishing very large warhammer hammer and approaches Markazor King*

By Moradins Forge and Haelyns sword goblin, if you are here to cause trouble, it will be a very short visit and your land will be without a king...

Markazor King
09-09-2002, 02:27 PM
I'm not here to harm you or any of your kin. I'm looking for a magical relic. And you talk too much. Maybe i'm in the wrong place to hire adventures. I was sure about a tavern but you don't look like mercenaries...you look more like bards. What a tongue you all have.
Gnarrl...

Ariadne
09-09-2002, 05:47 PM
Bards? That is a very wrong interpretation, I think...

All I have is no fear and without fear you have a tongue, if you don't like something!

marcum uth mather
09-09-2002, 06:28 PM
* starting to make growling noises* If grrrr you value your life grrrrrrrrr you will keep a civil tong with the women .
* course hair starts to grow on Marcums arms*

Markazor King
09-10-2002, 01:25 AM
And you say i'm the monster here...bah!

Ariadne
09-10-2002, 09:05 AM
*turns to Marcum uth Mather, lays her hand on this newly hairy arm*

Please calm down! The thing, we don't need in the moment is a second banishment from a pub...

marcum uth mather
09-10-2002, 03:27 PM
* visibly calming himself*
you are right my noble lady. In the north goblins are not overly tolerated. but if it will keep the peaqce I will be civil.
^ turning to the Goblin King*
Perhapse you would like to share a horn with me.....how about one of spiderwine?

Sellenus
09-10-2002, 06:42 PM
And for the record, I am the only Bard here (That I know of). Everyone else present is of a much higher standing, and deserving of far more respect.

Markazor King
09-10-2002, 09:04 PM
Spiderwine? Huh...oh...yes, i take it...
([_] Gulp
Blergh! this awful...it taste must be like the taste of the spider herself...
Shall we go right into the point now or you will talk more? The bard there is far more objective than yourselves...

marcum uth mather
09-10-2002, 09:42 PM
* takes a gulp of wine*
([_] gulp
Aaaaahh refreshing! now make yer point. If noble you be, then noble you act.

Sellenus
09-10-2002, 11:32 PM
Well said

Ariadne
09-11-2002, 11:35 AM
*to marcum uth mather*

Oh, jet even Lord Eldred and Sellenus believe you, I think. Let's have a drink...

Markazor King
09-12-2002, 12:14 AM
Well, my liege give me a mission, like i said before. There is a pack of these winter scum women hiding somewere in this kingdom and they hold the relic i must "borrow" to Prince Raesene. I can go no futher than this and nothing can i say about locations and details. I offer you gold, even when you offer me this terrible drink of yours. This herald here *points to a goblin* can discuss contracts and prices with you. What do you say? Gnarrl...

Ariadne
09-12-2002, 09:05 AM
Here exist priestesses of Kriesha? Or what are these winter scum women?

If so, they must be found and eliminated!!

Markazor King
09-12-2002, 11:46 AM
There is some of then, hiding in this domain. They're runing from the north, seeking refuge. But they will find only death.

Emerald Greybeard
09-12-2002, 03:05 PM
*Returns to tankard of dwarven meade mummbling to self*

grumble grumble...no fight... grumble grumble... I was all ready... hammer'll rust before I get to use it next

blitzmacher
09-12-2002, 10:29 PM
*Stands up from his seat, back in the corner of the tavern, and walks over to the Dwarven Queen*

Cheer up bearded one, I believe you may get a chance to use that hammer yet. The little green thing is talking about servants of Kriesha that I'm sure you'd like to hammer out a few words with over a theological debate. But what concerns me more is what the little booger said that they possessed an item of power which he wanted to get for the Gorgon. I don't think old stone butt needs another item of power, what do the rest of you think?

Ariadne
09-13-2002, 12:04 PM
I think, if there exists a relic or other magical item of Kriesha, this must be found and destroyed...

marcum uth mather
09-13-2002, 05:18 PM
If harlots exsist who follow the ice demon Kriesha they must be slain!!!! The winter witches followers are a bain to all noble life! It would appear that a lesser of two evils is aparent. We sould help destroy these frost hags without delay.

Sellenus
09-13-2002, 07:04 PM
I am more than willing to adventure with a group such as this. This is an epic ballad in the making...

marcum uth mather
09-14-2002, 12:05 AM
My lady can such a group as yourselfs travel? With all the governing you must do is in not imposible to go of and campaing?

Ariadne
09-14-2002, 09:01 AM
*smiles at Marcum uth Mather*

Government? All "government" I have with me are two servants: A paladin and an acolyte, both are in there rooms in the moment. I hate too much servants around, they are too conspicuous and would slow me down. Further I'm already some weeks away from Aftane, some more days aren't this awful.

If there were bandit groups, who are of the opinion to attack me or my "government", they would feel the preference of a blade barrier first, and a weapon (*raises her quarterstaff*) blessed by Khirdai second!

By the way, I like camping! Shortly, I can and I will travel!

blitzmacher
09-15-2002, 01:55 AM
Tell me Markazor Thing, what is this relic you so desperately seek? And why do you look for help amongst those with whom you would normally prefer to do battle against.

Markazor King
09-15-2002, 06:06 AM
You must see the item yourselves when we arrive the secret location those women are hiding. They have an item. I give you the chance to destroy the witches, you give me the magical item. I can give gold to you, if you're fool or brave enough to follow me into my homeland. The priestess is coming with me, but alone she will be destroyed. I have no more man, as i said before, so, i'm counting on you. I know you want to destroy the Ice queen witches, so i think it's a good agreement to all of us. And before you think that it would be easy to trick this old Goblin and rob the item in the end of our quest, i warn you: I'm no fool and i'm prepared for this sort of thing. I shall speak no more about the item, it's not of your concern. How many man are brave enough to join me and the Kirdai servant?

Ariadne
09-15-2002, 04:00 PM
Do you think, I would be destroyed in this mission? I'll forgive you for this, because you don't know me. Believe me, I'm not this easy to kill (several have tried that already and they're all in my mental trophy collection now)!

But the objection of this man ...err... (*turning to blitzmacher*) Please, what was your name, Sir? I fear, I've overheard it...

*turning back to the Markazor King*
...wasn't wrong! You ask those for help, who destroy all evil normally..

Sellenus
09-15-2002, 08:15 PM
I warn you Frog Lord, be careful how you address this lady, or any of the other patrons here. They are all deserving of more respect than you seem to offer them. Lord Marcum uth Mather has deemed you the lesser of two evils, but your words could change this very quickly.

marcum uth mather
09-16-2002, 05:22 PM
ay watch your tounge. I am not the smartest of the group thet is for sure, but you are awfully rude for a imp out of his element. I am sure we could help you, if we wanted. but you have not satisfied my mind if we do . in the heat of the moment I was cought up in killing evil priests. but anything that they have must also be destroyed.

Emerald Greybeard
09-16-2002, 07:17 PM
*eyes instantly light up with excitment*

HOY? Did someone say something about the smiting of evil? Point the way!! My hammer's belly growls with hunger. If you are true to your word, I will follow you, but if you harbour any thoughts of betrayal, know that I will strike you down faster and harder than you can ever fathom. If you are true to your word however, you will have my hammer at your side.

blitzmacher
09-17-2002, 12:59 AM
*Turns to Ariadne and bows gracefully*

Forgive me lady Ariadne, I am Wilhelm blitzmacher, formally an officer in the service of Berhagen. An unfortunate incident has caused me to give up my commission in order to find a cure to an evil that has afflicted me. And that is why I am interested in this item that this creature here is talking about. Although he has yet to tell us what it is, and don't worry about me tricking you, I'm telling you up front I won't let old stone butt have it. If you think I can be easily dispatched, think again, but there are worse fates then death.

Ariadne
09-17-2002, 01:18 PM
*smiles at blitzmacher*

Your surname is Blitzmacher? May I claim, you and your family are servants of Khirdai or has your name nothing in common with the stormlord?

blitzmacher
09-17-2002, 06:45 PM
My name is indeed linked to Kirche, lady Ariadne. My ancestor was an officer under the command of Kirche himself at the battle of Deismaar. When the empire came to the Great Bay so did my family, and there we stay today. Although for myself I do not worship any god, since no god has given me an answer as to how to rid myself of this darkblood that I have been infected with. So now I have been on my own, wondering Cerilia in search of a cure myself. Which brings me to this mission, and exactly what this item is, even if it can't help me, I will not allow the gorgon to gain control of it and thereby allowing him more power to harm innocents.

Ariadne
09-18-2002, 09:36 AM
Helping to protect the innocent is the first step to overcome evil, I think. I don't know much of infections with the dark blood, but the devotion to good is the only medicine, I can tell of. Even if it doesn't banish your problem, if will slow it down incredible...

May Khirdai show you the way to cure your blood again, so that you can follow the destiny of your family again.

*tuning to the Markazor King again*
It seems, there are some more to follow you and your mission. So show us where to go...

Ariadne
09-19-2002, 10:19 AM
*turns to blitzmacher again, watches him for a few moments and seems to think*

...hmmm... May be, Khirdai helped you already. I remember something, that might help you with your problem...

Do you know the Mistmoor? It lays north of Kal Kalathor between Vosgaard and Brechtür. It is a region of absolute evil, but there exists something, that might help you. If you come from Brechtür, you must cross it. Eat and drink nothing of this region, if you're in it or you will be doomed. You will find terrible monsters in there too: undead, evil beasts and will-o-wisps are common. If you're there, try to find a father of the forest named Arafel. He lives there with his wife Philippa and is something like a guardian of the mistmoor. He lives in the south of it, near Kal Murthan. He is very suspicious, but may be he believes you, that you want his help.

He is a specialist of herbs and in the Mistmoor grow some, that have resisted the evil. Those few herbs are named bloodherbs and have the power to restore a defiled bloodline. But it's dangerous and you have only this one chance: If you drink them (as a tea), you will get terrible dreams. Only a strong soul, devoted to absolute good, can resist the terrible things you will see in these dreams. If you succeed to resist, you're cured, if you fail...

Markazor King
09-19-2002, 05:42 PM
I am not certain that you all are good for the task. But you disagree about giving this item to me in the end of the conflict. So, there will be no mission, no witch hunting. Perhaps you can change your mind. I'll be sitting in the back of the Inn, discussing an alternate plan with my fellow goblins here. And don't try to force me into giving you the location of these cold women, as i've said before i'm prepared to a trap and i would vanish before the first blow get's me, leaving death in my place. Sorry to bother you humans with my quest. You're no deserving of it, of course.

marcum uth mather
09-20-2002, 04:58 PM
the giant downs also may have a herb to cure whats ailing you

Sellenus
09-20-2002, 08:34 PM
Did that frog call me a human?

blitzmacher
09-22-2002, 11:10 PM
Of coursce I've heard of Mistmoor Lady Ariadne, my country borders it. I spent a lot of time safegaurding mountain passes with Mismoor, Kal Kalathor, and Rzhlev. Although I have protected the borders I have never heard of this man called Arafel, or of the bloodherbs. If a cure cannot be found there, I will take up Marcum suggestion and head to the Giantdowns. For I have heard that the downs contain many herbs and ancient magics, maybe something could be found there. First thing first though, what about these priestesses of Kriesha. I don't particularly care if I have the Frog Lords permission or not, I've never let a Frog order me around before, and I'm not about to start now.

Ariadne
09-23-2002, 09:42 AM
You might have never heard from Arafel, because he lives very hidden there. If HE doesn't want, that you find him, you will not find him! Trust me, he is there and if you find him, I'm sure, he can help you.

I've never followed a goblin too, but if I can smite evil again, I will let me lead.

marcum uth mather
09-23-2002, 09:10 PM
if the goblin king knows were the witchs are I guess I will follow. but only if the dwarve goes. in the nourth it is comen knowledg that a dwarve always knows how to handle a upity goblin([_]

Ariadne
09-24-2002, 12:27 PM
Hey, not only dwarves know, how to work with goblins...

Markazor King
09-25-2002, 08:55 PM
Humph!

Emerald Greybeard
09-26-2002, 01:51 PM
Orginally posted by Markazor King

I am not certain that you all are good for the task. But you disagree about giving this item to me in the end of the conflict. So, there will be no mission, no witch hunting. Perhaps you can change your mind. I'll be sitting in the back of the Inn, discussing an alternate plan with my fellow goblins here. And don't try to force me into giving you the location of these cold women, as i've said before i'm prepared to a trap and i would vanish before the first blow get's me, leaving death in my place. Sorry to bother you humans with my quest. You're no deserving of it, of course.

*growls loudly going blood red* HUMAN!?!?! NO ONE CALLS ME A HUMAN! HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME!!

*grabs warhammer* If I were you toad, I'd pick this moment for you and your tadpoles to run very very fast! NOBODY calls the Queen of the Dwarves a HUMAN!! I don't care what kind of trap you have setup, I am going rip your innards out and feed them to the Orcs!

*Lifts hammer in a throwing position*

marcum uth mather
09-26-2002, 06:05 PM
@placing hand on head of Emerald's hammer@

whooo there my ladey! If we are to work togher we must be able to handel the taunts of a measly goblin. In the Downs the goblin traders taunt us every day, and yes we want to make them feel the edge of our claymores, but we dont. Beacuse every once and a while they have something we can use.
@ aside to queen@
we can use this toad to get to a greater evil. So by the gods swallow yer rqath and lets follow him. we can ALWAYS smit him latter.

Ariadne
09-27-2002, 12:45 PM
*speaking to queen Emerald too (with a low voice)*

Lord Marcum is right, my lady. I'm in Anuire, so that's a lot away from my home country, but I don't want priestesses of Kriesha in my land as well as I don't want them anywhere! If we can get them through him, we should try it!

Emerald Greybeard
09-27-2002, 02:22 PM
*lowering hammer and turning to Ariadne and marcum uth mather*

Your right. The infestation of evil is more worth my time than this overgrown lizard with a careless tongue. I will travel with you, and I will TRY to keep my hammer from flying if he starts to let his tongue fly carelessly again.

Markazor King
09-28-2002, 03:11 PM
I have your word about the item? It will be mine after the destruction of tha witches?

marcum uth mather
09-29-2002, 10:40 PM
why dont you tell us about the item.... as a show of good faith. I have had the plesure of killing winter witches before and so have some experience with them. my othere estemed colleges also have a vast aray of knowledge and power. Up untill resently you have been a ungratfull sounding toad, if you were a man underneithme i would trounch you. If you were my clan cheif i would report you to a druid...a mean spirted druid. For the servises rendered i for one would like to make sure the importance of yer claim. for all we know it could be a couple of wenches playing at being withches, with a old rusty wand ast there disposel. Or some yeti fang with a leaf atached ....oooo fearsome!!:P Come, come tell us what you need so bad so we might judge the need for resourses... or the need to ignore it and stay here and drink([_]

Markazor King
09-30-2002, 02:22 AM
THEY PLAN TO DESTROY THIS KINGDOM. The item is the Scabbard of Prince Raesene. I need to reclaim it for my master. It will have no use for you and if it was a magical item that could disrupt the balance in Anure, then why did my master didn't use it earlier? It's my mission to retrive it and i shall do it, with or without your aid. Save this land or drink untill you can.

Ariadne
09-30-2002, 01:45 PM
If it isn't an item, that could disrupt the balance in Anuire, why should these bitches steal it then? By the way, how did they steal it? Your master isn't someone where you can enter and disappear at will, or am I wrong?

Oh and why ARE you sure, that we can't use this scabbard somehow? Warriors ALWAYS tend to find weapons or weapon stuff useful...

But as I said already, I will follow you and smite these cold-hearted women!

blitzmacher
10-01-2002, 11:09 PM
I shall go with you, since it will also be along the way back to home, and then to the Mistmoor. But I am still concerned about this item, not to mention the creature organizing the mission.

marcum uth mather
10-01-2002, 11:57 PM
well the ice hags are my consern over the gorgon. I hate to say it but the goblin might be right, if it was a item that would bring about the end of the world, it would have been used by now. But the question is why would they want it.

blitzmacher
10-02-2002, 03:13 AM
Yes, you're right marcum. Understanding what is motivating these witches, and how this item will help them reach their goal is the first thing we need to figure out. So goblin, what does this item do, so we can figure out what these witches are going to do with it?

Sellenus
10-03-2002, 08:42 PM
such sugared things
the creature sings
when truths are hidden lies.

answers found
upon middle groung
beneath such darken skies.

truth thy shield
upon battlefield
lest the hero dies.

What is more important, the Frog's answers or what your heart tells you to believe? I will travel with you and aid you my friends, but I will not follow or be led. Nor should any of you. Each heart beats to its own truth, trust in yours.

marcum uth mather
10-08-2002, 05:36 PM
well o goblin lord, what of thy answer?

Abbess Allessandra
10-16-2002, 11:36 PM
The door creaks open and you see a cloaked figure enter the room. The figure walks over to the bar, asks for a mead and makes its way to your table, pulls out a chair, sets down the mug and takes the hood off. " I thought I would never find you what happened?" snuffs Abbess,"Sensing something isn't right she looks up to see the Goblin..."so what I have been sensing through the provinces is truly evil...where are these witches? I could care less about the artifact but the followers of Kreisha are not welcome in my country.You can donate my share of the money to the church of Haelyn, in Algale. Where were they last seen?"

Lord Eldred
10-20-2002, 01:47 PM
::Awakens from a drunken slumber::

What in Haelyn is going on here? The last thing I remember is accusing a man of not being a bear and now the place is full of goblins!

::He puts his hands on the hilts of his weapons and eyes the goblins suspiciously::

Tell me why I shouldn't kill you right this minute?

Sellenus
10-22-2002, 06:32 PM
Because he is the great and powerful Frog Lord! He seeks a great item, hoping to take it from one evil and give it to another. Actually he is looking for "Adventurers" to do it for him. Are you prepared for the Frog Lord to determine your worth Lord Eldred?

Ariadne
10-23-2002, 09:23 AM
To kill priestesses of Kriesha should be enough to spare this goblin (for the moment), I think...

Lord Eldred
11-07-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Sellenus

Because he is the great and powerful Frog Lord! He seeks a great item, hoping to take it from one evil and give it to another. Actually he is looking for "Adventurers" to do it for him. Are you prepared for the Frog Lord to determine your worth Lord Eldred?

SO let me get this straight, I should spare this evil's life so I can take a job to get a great item from one evil and give it to another? I don't think so, I would just assume kill the Frog Lord and go retrieve the great item and if it is evil destroy it. If it is good, keep it for myself!

Sellenus
11-08-2002, 04:38 PM
You are not in awe of the Frog Lord?!

Lawgiver
11-14-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Lord Eldred
SO let me get this straight, I should spare this evil's life so I can take a job to get a great item from one evil and give it to another? I don't think so, I would just assume kill the Frog Lord and go retrieve the great item and if it is evil destroy it. If it is good, keep it for myself!

Did we ever solve the fruitless debate on whether it was 'evil' to kill, even if it were done with the motive of ridding the world of evil?

marcum uth mather
11-14-2002, 07:25 PM
I feel your pain Lord Eldred, but you are a captain among men, and must remember that. If we could bring the goblin lord to bear we could strck a blow agenst the gorgon. If we could cvonvince the goblin lord to hgelp us instead of hinder us we could cause the stony fiend no end of trouble. If goblins yoy want to kill then they are plenty and near, but this one could be special.

Ariadne
11-15-2002, 09:42 AM
I hate anything evil too, but I think, lord Marcum is right! Sometimes it's better to work together with something evil to eliminate something greater evil...

Sellenus
11-15-2002, 09:44 PM
I know... Why don't we each give up our pride, bow down low, and let a GOBLIN decide if we are worthy enough to serve him. Oh I'm sorry... I meant worthy enough to accomplish this task for him. But be cheerful my friends, when we are done he may reward us!

marcum uth mather
11-20-2002, 09:22 PM
My lord yer sarcasim is legendary!!!!! Have you never heard of subterfuge? we could only act like we are cooperating!!

Sellenus
11-21-2002, 12:45 AM
oh... good point.

Ariadne
11-21-2002, 08:38 AM
What's subterfuge? Khinasi doesn't have such a word...

marcum uth mather
11-21-2002, 07:57 PM
Why my lady it would mean that we would aaahhhhh.... act in the best interest of all and follow the goblins leed. But as soon as the beast does somthing wrong...

Sellenus
11-22-2002, 12:58 AM
oh, I thought you meant Super-Huge...

Lawgiver
11-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Ariadne
What's subterfuge? Khinasi doesn't have such a word...

Subterfuge. It means to act with a deceptive stratagy in order to conceal, escape, or evade detection from ones enemies. A spy or double-agent often engages in subterfuge. Often it is done with the ultimate purpose of attacking or destroying one's enemy in secret or from the inside out. Hardly, a noble course of action for a man of honor such as myself.

Ariadne
11-22-2002, 05:49 PM
I see...

...and of course I've heard of this strategy (we name this different in our language). The church of Khirdai doesn't think good of it, too, but if it is the only way to destroy an hated enemy, we use this too, I fear...

Lawgiver
11-22-2002, 07:06 PM
It is my personal opinion madame that such a world view is the cause of a great many problems. The ends do not justify the means. One's standard of morality and honor should be anchor upon which their life rests. To associate with evil with such depth should only be done when absolutely no alternative exists. To do so simply out of convenience is compromise.

Sellenus
11-22-2002, 10:17 PM
Agreed. There is Honor , Truth and most importantly Pride. To compromise ones values leads only to shame.

marcum uth mather
11-22-2002, 11:54 PM
Bah I say. In the Highlands it sometimes passes you must share a winter hearth with a hated foe. Also sometimes you must follow a hated cheif untill the time is right to callenge and kill him! We sould follow us the beast untill it is glemed right to make an end of him.

marcum uth mather
11-23-2002, 01:00 AM
Besides were is the red bugger! I have not heard his hiss in a while.

Ariadne
11-27-2002, 10:40 AM
My first goal is to destroy evil of any kind. I prefer to take the direct way to achieve this, but I don't frighten away from using whatever I need to do...

In Khinasi honor is an important word and I respect it. There are limits of anything including ways of achievement, but sometimes you must know, what you want: Destroying the evil or not!

marcum uth mather
11-28-2002, 04:37 AM
A drink for the house!
@ Maqrcum produces a small jewl, and gives it to the inkeeper@
I just remember that a feast of thanks is appone us! It is were we highlanders celibrate the death of the shadow, and the ending of our exodus into are new homes. So drink! Were ever the red devil has gone he will not come back to find us in a foul mood!!([_]

Lord Eldred
11-28-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Lawgiver

It is my personal opinion madame that such a world view is the cause of a great many problems. The ends do not justify the means. One's standard of morality and honor should be anchor upon which their life rests. To associate with evil with such depth should only be done when absolutely no alternative exists. To do so simply out of convenience is compromise.

There is always an alternative to associating with evil, that is to NEVER associate with evil. IT would be more preferable to die than to associate with evil!

Ariadne
11-28-2002, 03:06 PM
Generally you are right, Lord Eldred, but if there is no other possibility, you might need to cooperate with one lesser evil to destroy the greater one. As I know there is even an evil part in the church of Healyn. What do you do with them? In my religion it is normal to try to convert an evil worshipper to good and not destroying him, if possible...

marcum uth mather
12-02-2002, 07:43 PM
well the time for talk is done.
@ rising up to stand @
while we have talked our fill the goblin is gone, and the chance to work with him irevelent. well my lords and ladys shall we go a'lookin for the goblin, or should the winter witches be our consern. i for one have drinked my fill and the need to do brave feats is apone me!

Ariadne
12-04-2002, 02:51 PM
*turning to marcum uth mather*

Well, I would be very sad about it, but stay a little, maybe he reappears...

marcum uth mather
12-04-2002, 08:52 PM
my lady i only wish to start a adventure. for w while there a stranger was over by the shadows speaking of a mission, but it fell through. then the goblin has took leave of us for a time. I am down hear in the flat lands to find a cure for my doom and adventure. i hope to someday return to Helscapa as a king. there is civil war there and i need to make a name for myself before i can return. but all i find hear is talk. could not someone bring me to to aventure i seek?

Ariadne
12-05-2002, 08:45 AM
There is always a way to find an adventure. Mostly you get more of this as you want! Sometimes you only need to cross a street and meet someone...

There is a civil war in the north? Tell me more of it...

marcum uth mather
12-05-2002, 10:58 PM
o my lady it is a dismell think indeed. the king of Halskapab had died and left no heir. the jarels are in a uproar to find a rightfull ruler. anyone with a few men has taken claim to the throne. i myself am a vetren of the fighting
@sitting down, and grabing a tankered from a passing serving girl@
many a brave man has spilled his blood on the hills up there. the great wolf guard hold the capitol, and some sorrunding towns but nothing else. there are a small tribe of giants holding the border against the siern, but they take no part in the political fighting.

Ariadne
12-06-2002, 10:04 AM
I see. And why are you here, don't you support one of the jarls?

marcum uth mather
12-07-2002, 08:11 PM
i am one of the jarels, but my doom is every time the throne was in danger i would turn into a dire bear and rampage agenst the enemy. my people are a superstisious lot so i have traveled south to make a name for myself and recruit some men

Ariadne
12-08-2002, 06:14 PM
I see. So you must first get rid of your problem, than claim the throne...

Emerald Greybeard
12-10-2002, 07:48 PM
marcum, if my hammer can help you in any way, you have it. As long as I get to eradicate the world of evil

Lawgiver
12-11-2002, 01:33 AM
[The knight by the fire lifts his head and turns at the sound of the familar voice. He rises with a beaming smile.]

Why Princess Greybeard, its so wonderful to see you again. [bowing low]

When last I saw you, you had run off into the night with Master Eldred. I was beginning to wonder if you two had arranged a marriage and I had missed an invitation...

;)

marcum uth mather
12-12-2002, 05:27 AM
ney my lady i only wish to make sure that the rightfull ruler is in charge of our homeland
@ face brightens when he sees Queen Graybeard and Lord Lawgiver talking@
My friends!! It is good to see you all again!! mayhape we could hav e a third round between us all, and discusse the future.([_]

Sellenus
12-12-2002, 08:17 PM
I the fair Dwarven Lady has married another... I think my heart would never recover.

Ariadne
12-13-2002, 09:18 AM
I'm very pleased, that an elven bard feels more than poetics for a dwarven lady...

Sellenus
12-23-2002, 08:30 PM
I fail to see how I could feel any less...

marcum uth mather
12-30-2002, 06:10 PM
! sending away a messenger!

Well my friends it is officel. There is war in the north. What started out as a sucsession war has become a full blown highland war. the clans are split and there is talk of the white witches stink in all of this.

Lord Eldred
02-02-2003, 03:55 PM
Lawgiver, perhaps you didn't realize that the Princess is now a Queen and her "good" husband has "passed" away?